My husband and I spent a week at this resort last week, New years week. We went with Sunwing Tours and the only good things about this place was Anairis, one of the girls at the Kids Club, the beach and the weather !! It may have been because it was very high season and the hotel was full or just bad luck and high expectations, but what ever, the experience was not good ! Both my husband and I have traveled and travel a lot for business and pleasure and we definitely know a bad serviced hotel when we see one and this one is bad !
Take out the Bávaro Princess Hotel from your list, there is NO way that hotel is a 5* Hotel...nooooo way !!! It was just baaaaaad, run down, very badly managed, staff mostly pretty unfriendly and plain RUDE at times, the attitude of basically all the staff was absolutely terrible. I have personally NEVER been treated so badly in a hotel, not in a 4* and definitely not in a 5* category like this one was supposed to be !! We got treated like cattle at times, really bad food at the restaurants, although not a bad buffet...seen much better though, but in comparison to the rest of the restaurants it had, that were a joke (at the Gaucho Argentinian restaurant...ha, ha, I say to that...they had, for example, Argentinian chorizo on the menu, yum, you would think, but in the end they ended up bringing over a frankfurter hot dog sausage which they called chorizo !....we couldn't believe it and had to take a photograph of it....a bloody joke !!), it wasn't bad and in the end, we ended up having dinner at the buffet restaurant most nights and most of our breakfasts and so did everyone else, so it was extremely packed at times ! The cleaning ladies would shout....and I mean SHOUT, from one end to another while they were cleaning the rooms, across the gardens eveeeeery day and everywhere, it sometimes felt like you were at a street market with the staff shouting at each other, so good-bye to a good siesta in your room !! The Kids Club had most of poles that were supposed to make a fence around the outside of the club missing, that meant kids could just run out or wonder off by themselves or even worse, unwanted strangers could just stroll in freely from the "public" beach and take a kid or do anything else ! Most of last week, the New Years week, a very busy week with kids, they only had one member of staff for all the Kids Club, I also have to mention once again that Anairis, the girl that handled the club by herself most of the week, was the best aspect of the Hotel !! The second person that worked in the Club, the Club is only staffed by 2 girls, was off for 3 days, on the week before the 6th of January...couldn't this girl have taken her 3 days off after the 6th of Jan. ??!!!...very badly managed !!
So, this resort, definitely a no, NO....aaaaaaaand it is listed as a 5* Hotel...ha, ha, ha, there is no way on this planet that that hotel deserves 5*...if that's a 5* on the island, then I hate to think what a 4* is like....terrible hotel and staff !! That is a NEVER again hotel, never again to a Princess chain hotel !! It was just really bad for what is expected from a 5*...oh yes, I nearly forgot, the pestering of the VIP promotion Time Share program was near to harassment, it was really terrible, you couldn't go anywhere without being bothered by these parasites if you said no to them !....sorry, that's the only way I can describe these staff members !! Really bad experience of a hotel !!
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort
- Bavaro Princess Hotel
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess
- Bavaro Princess All Suites
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Agoda, getaroom.com, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.