My husband and I visited the Bavaro Princess on our Honeymoon in August 2011 (I know, this review is more than a year later). But, i wanted to point out that we had an awesome time.
This was our first all inclusive caribbean vacation and it was great. The food was really good - a lot to choose from at the buffet and the specialty restaurants were nice. we went to the italian, the asian, the steak and the seafood ones. The only thing about the steak one was that it was outside and it was really humid!
Despite the fact that we were delayed one day because of a hurricane, and parts of the resort were flooded, we still had an amazing time. The resort was huge.. seriously... huge. but there were always staff members driving around picking people up and taking them to their destination.
the beach was fun - a ton of chairs and shade. the snack bar at the beach was perfect because we'd get lunch right there and not have to lose our spot. drinks were so good - not too strong and not too weak. The pool was a nice refresher from the beach - we visited both every day. and the swim up bar is awesome.
the mamajuana (spelling?) is DEADLY! pretty good, but deadly! watch how many of those shots you take, but definitely try it and bring some home if you can i wish i did!
Entertainment was a nice change from just going to the bar and drinking after dinner.
we did get sick - and i dont know how. We didn't drink the water, maybe it was the ice the bartenders were using or the fruit or something we ate was washed in it - not sure. But we would get a little stomach ache and then be fine and this wasn't until the end of the trip anyways.
the staff were SO nice. seriously, they were all so friendly and acted like they knew you their entire life.
The room was nice - we didnt have any AC or bug issues. The big tub was awesome - took a bath every night!
Overall the trip was a lot of fun and i would definitely recommend the Bavaro Princess to anyone traveling to Punta Cana!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana