This place is good if you just want to stay at the resort and not go anywhere else otherwise to go out and see the country you have to basically buy a tour. You can go out of the hotel but most of the shop owners are so aggressive and pushy it isn't enjoyable at all, every shop sells pretty much the same stuff and they pressure you so much to buy something and then want you to pay some outrageous price and you have to haggle. They will walk across the street to get you to come to there shop the instant they see you. They also will try to do you a favor like offer you help and will be like okay so now I helped you, now come help me by buying something. Even inside the hotel the timeshare sellers will harass you or on Dominican Republic night when they have booths set up to sell you things.
A lot of people that work at the hotel want a tip also, which I understand they don't make a lot of money but still they shouldn't get all mad about not getting a tip, I can't tip everyone.
They upgraded our room for free which was great, I would recommend Zachary at the front desk.
It is cool how they will go get a coconut for you.
Although the beach is pretty and great temperature there is no place to snorkel without having to pay to go out to an island nearby.
The pool closes at 7 and I wish it was open later and the jacuzzi is in an enclosed area which I wish was over by at least one of the pools outside like the one by the beach.
The hotel tried to charge us for breaking the coffee maker which still worked but was already falling apart and we only used once for hot water. Although they didn't charge us for that it was a hassle to deal with.
It rained and our room and the roof was dripping water in 2 different places.
The food is good, would of liked some more vegetarian options, but it was decent.
So basically I wouldn't come here again, at least not pay for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana