First of all....DO NOT BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS. These horrible things that people say about this hotel come from ungrateful people who obviously don't realize that when they travel to another country, things WILL be a little different than at home. The resort overall was excellent. I travelled with my boyfriend (we are 20, and 21) from December 12th-19th. The weather was fantastic during our stay with a lot of sunshine and some wind (that really helps with the heat). The beach is very wavy which is extremely fun to play in for older kids, teens, and adults, but I am not sure how well little kids will do in the ocean. The color of the ocean is that gorgeous turquoise color that we all love when it comes to the caribbean. This was my 8th trip to the Caribbean and my 3rd Caribbean country so believe me when I say the beach is GORGEOUS. Bavaro Princess is set on the BEST part of the beach. I have walked many many many miles down the beach each direction and noticed that other resorts are set on beaches with TONS of seaweed so I understand the reviews of seaweed that you may see. But not in front of this resort....seaweed is very minimal. The sand is that white sugary kind of sand that feels wonderful to walk in.
The food is alright when it comes to the buffet. Nothing very special, but the a la carte restaurants like El Gaucho, Bella Pasta, El Licey (which isnt included) are delicious. The food at these restaurants is quality restaurant food and all of the sauces they make for the filet mignon, duck, beef fillet and pastas is phenomenal. I looked forward to going to them for dinner each night.
The shows at night are okay. Lion King was my favorite of them all as well as the white beach party that they had one of the nights that we were there. GO to the beach party and dance! Order a delicious coco loko from the bar and just let loose.
A great word of advice from me is to upgrade to platinum! I don't see why you wouldn't! You get one free dinner at Licey restaurant (which is 60 bucks a person if you werent platinum), you get a room very close to the beach (and believe me this resort is HUGE!!!! Take advantage of the great location of the platinum suites), and you get your own private check-in with a lounge equipped with a coffee machine, snacks, teas, and endless bottles of water (which you will want to have at your disposal at all times, trust me). You also get free room service which is great if you wake up hungry in the morning, but missed breakfast hours and lunch is still an hour or two away. Also room service is great in case you're hungry at night but don't want to put on clothes, get out of bed, and walk ALLLL the way to the buffet for their midnight snack. The platinum beach is also another perk of upgrading to platinum because they give you an area filled with comfortable beds and umbrellas that feel really good when you want to relax after swimming all morning. The regular beach just gets plastic looking chairs that don't look too comfortable. Platinum is only $150 per person, and you get your moneys worth of goodies for sure!
Another word of advice is to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring plenty of one dollar bills (we brought a stack of $100 in 1's for a weeks worth of tipping) and tip very very very well! I was so disappointed to see that not many people tip after eating in the restaurants and at the bars. The dominicans that work here are SUCH hard workers. The average salary in Dominican Republic (after talking to a few workers) is only $150 A MONTH! You can spare some money for tips and make these people smile after they have served you. They are extremely kind people and work even harder for you to provide even better service once they remember that amazing tip you gave them the last time you saw them. Tip the maid, the gardeners after they've given you fresh coconut water to drink, tip the bartenders, and tip the waiters. Please, tip tip tip!
On a last note, I just wanted to say that if you do go platinum, go say hi to Carlos in the platinum beach bar! He is the most amazing person my boyfriend and I had met on this trip. He is hilarious, and really knows how to please people! This guy deserves a raise or promotion or something. He is incredible. We really enjoyed him and so will you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana