“Beautiful Resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #39 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Brooklyn, New York
“Beautiful Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We traveled on Nov.27-Dec.5,
Family of 5 (3 adults,1-5year old and a baby) the rooms were big enough to have us all and plenty of room for all other stuff, so we didn't feel like we were on top of each other.
Resort is absolutely beautiful !!!!! Grounds are so well maintained, everyday we saw some one cutting grass, picking up leaves and so on....
In the morning one of the guys who cleaned up the property would offer you coconuts right from the tree above you!!!
Hmmmm so delicious!!!
Now food:
Buffet was just ok, nothing special. I personally though they would have more variety of food.
We only had breakfast and few times dinner in there.
Restaurants:
Tanuki- was good just like any Hibachi with the show and lots o laughing.
Sakura- was something in between of Chinese and Japanese food, good but not impressed.
Bella Pasta- was just yummmmy it was one of the favorites!
El Pascador- was also delicious seafood and the atmosphere was phenomenal!!!
Gaucho- was my favorite... Steak was soooo good that you can swallow your tongue lol
Choppin- we don't know why but it was closed all that week. So can't say anything about it:(
Lunch on the beach was great too, plenty of food to all tastes.

For those who travel with kids:
Kids club is so much fun!! Anna Iris
Was great, she knew my son by the name next day!
He was counting time till mini disco!
That was a lot of fun for us too :)

Beach: it was beautiful, you can walk a lot down the shore... Loved that!
There were big waives so its not like you can swim in calm water, my 5 year old would only stay by the beginning of the beach and wouldn't be able to go any furthers with put us. But that was still ok.
We spent half a day at the beach and the other half by the pool so that our kids can enjoy the swimming also.

Would I go back? Probably not
Bit it's just me, I like to experience new resorts every time I go!

I would definitely recommend this to others, but just like one time thing!!

Enjoy your next vacation @ Bavaro

• Stayed December 2012

4,855 people have reviewed this hotel

1929
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Polish first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was my first time to Punta Cana and I was not disappointed! The Bavaro Princess resort came highly recommended and it lived up to all the reviews!

I had originally thought that I had booked a suite, however when we arrived we were booked into the main hotel at the back of the resort as I had actually booked a junior suite. Although the main hotel is lovely, it's not what I had anticipated. Danicia and Daniello at the Reception Desk took care of moving us to a suite in a villa without any hassle (we did have to pay the difference, which was minimum and WELL worth it for what we wanted). The new room was absolutely fabulous and only a 2 minute walk (through beautifully manicured grounds) to the beach, main pool, and all the a la carte restaurants. Altagracia did a wonderful job keeping our room clean and tidy (and keeping us well stocked in towels). We really appreciated that Danicia called us almost everyday just to check to see that everything was to our liking.

The beach is beautiful and there are ample loungers for everyone. Be warned that at this time of year (late November/early December) it is very wavy so if you have little kids you won't be able to let them play in the ocean unattended. For adults though it was fun body surfing. We took a walk along the beach (which is one resort after another) - Bavaro Princess had the best section of beach!!! Other resorts were crowded too close to the water or had worn and tattered loungers. The beach at Bavaro Princess was exceptional!

When we were visiting guest were able to visit the a la carte restaurants without a reservations (I don't think the resort was full to capacity during our stay so this may be different during the peak of the tourist season). We dined at Bella Pasta (Italian) twice (Carlos - you run an amazing restaurant!), El Gaucho (Steakhouse), El Pescador (seafood) and Tanuki (Teppanyaki). The food, service and wine was impecible! The decor at the a la carte restaurants have all recently been redone so the atmosphere is lovely (similar to fine dining in Toronto or Montreal). We only ate at the buffet twice for dinner but we were happy with the wide selection. Of particular note were the fresh bread and rolls!

The thing that really stood out to us about Bavaro Princess was the incredible staff!!!!! I've never experienced such amazing customer service anywhere! One night I had a bit of a stomach ache - the waitress at the buffet (who didn't even speak English), figured out that I wasn't feeling well and made me a tonic water concoction with lime and salt right at the table. I felt much better afterwards. Whether it's the reception reps, wait staff, housekeeping, the grounds crew, or the entertainment staff, everyone is so incredibly friendly and welcoming!! Mucho gracias to everyone who made our stay amazing!

A couple of tips though: 1. Don't forget to bring sunscreen and bug spray. The mosquitos are pretty bad, even though the resort sprays for them. Sunscreen (and other amenities) are super expensive on the resort ($30 US/bottle) so don't forget these at home. 2. Don't drink the tap water (they warn you about this on the busride to the resort), but don't worry about bringing bottled water from home - they restock the bottled water in the room (which is included) and all the bars serve bottled Dasani water. 3. Don't bother with snorkel gear unless you plan to go on a off-the-resort excursion. There is nothing to see directly off the beach at the resort. There is a reef quite far down Bavaro beach which we visited one day as part of a catamaran tour (Sunny Day - I'd highly recommend it!!)

If you are looking to have a crappy time and complain about the food and drinks and new climate and cultures, then I'm sorry but no resort will be up to your standards. I think that a lot of the people who have written less than stellar reviews about this Resort really are those miserable travellers who won't be happy anywhere. If you are looking to have a relaxing, amazing vacation then your expectations will be exceeded at the Bavaro Princess!

Happy travelling!

Room Tip: Junior suites = main hotel at the back of the resort (10 minute walk to the beach, or 2 minute troll...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Yes there are negatives about this resort & positives as well. This was my husband & I first trip to the Dominican which was a little over-whelming when you first arrive to the airport. Nothing like the USA. Just try to adjust to the stress of the whole transition from airport to hotel. Anyway the Bavaro was nice but not anything that Wowed us. Yes the food was not the best but there is certaintly more than enough to chose from. We went for sun, beach, & ocean not so much for the food anyway. We upgraded to platinum and our room was ocean front. Absolutly loved the view. Also the private dinning & private beach for platinum people was a huge plus for us because we were treated like kings everywhere we went & we experienced the same treatment when we visited the other sister hotels as well. It was worth the upgrade by far! The only huge negative was be prepared for lots of Europeans... especially the Russians.. and I have nothing against these people however they are extremely rude & pushy when it comes to standing in any line to be served wheather it be the buffet line or the bar line to get drinks. As friendly as I tried to remain, my patients for their rudeness was very limited by the end of our trip. For that reason alone my husband & I will most likely not return to that area. On the good side, we met some wonderful people that were very friendly and pleasant to hang with which were the Canadians!! We met very few Americans but when we did it was very nice to have that in common. Enjoyed all of those that we met and it helped from being bullied by the Russians. Just be prepared for different cultures if your not use to rudeness. The staff were wonderful especially in the Platinum lounge area. Thank you Freddy, Margarete, & Juan! Our room was always emaculant due to housekeeping~ Thank you Anazara and our Bar tenders (too many of them to name) About the Eco area, yes it smelled like sewage but we didnt explore that area but once and that was enough. We did not experience any mesquitos at all so not sure why people complained about that. The grounds were kept emaculant as well. Hopefully this information has helped someone for making a decision to come to this area, if you love to party then I would say go~ The drinks are strong & they keep coming, there is plenty of choices to eat, the rooms are big & accomadating, the staff is friendly, upgrade to platinum, the beaches are nice & the ocean is beautiful~ just be patient and enjoy the moments that are nice. :-)

Room Tip: Second level rooms are private & Ocean view is wonderful!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I traveled alone, in the period of 21-28 November this year, and had a wonderful stay at this resort. I opted for the Platinum Club, that offers a lot of amenities (one free massage, a gourmet dinner at Licey, free internet access at the lounge, among the highlights). But the best is the exclusive and impecable service at the Platinum Lounge provided by Mr. Martires, Rodolfo and the other boys of the staff, that were extremely friendly and helpful throughout my stay.

THE RESORT is a huge area of beautifully manicured gardens with lush greenery and water features. There is an ecological path that traverses an area of native mangrove, where one can spot birds, especially early and late in the day. The lobby and restaurants are harmonious with the local architecture, with very high ceilings and huge fans always running. I really liked the fact that the local resorts must limit their height, so that, not only the interference to the local climate is minimized, but also the visual impact: when looking from the beach there is only a slight view of the constructions behind vegetation, especially high coconut palm trees. The distance from my suite to the main building was a path of 1.2 km, that I walked several times a day. But for those who do not like to exercise, there is a train that transports guests between the various areas, every 5 minutes, on average, from 7 to 24 h. After that, you need to request at reception, that always answered very quickly.

THE SUITES are very big, clean, with good air conditioning, which is essential as it is very hot, even at this time of the year. All of them are equal, scattered in blocks of two floors, with spacious balconies. I´ve gotten one of the best, the number 744, in the upper floor, overlooking the sea, two steps from the beach. Every day the maid made ​​a special arrangement with towel sculptures, flowers, different folds of the sheets, which I found adorable. There is also a jacuzzi (wich I didn´t have time to try), a frigorbar restocked daily and all the itens for your needs.

BEACH / POOL: The beach is beautiful, although there are many algae, which, however, are taken off daily by employees of the resorts. The sea, in beautiful shades of green, is somewhat choppy, with small but strong waves. Platinum Guests have a private fenced area, where there are chair longs and beds, as well as a private bar, but I´ve used them little, preferring the party feeling in front of the bar Chiringo II. There is a huge pool by the beach, where animation happens, and another smaller, ideal for those seeking tranquility, beside the main building.

BARS: There are several scattered, even a wet one, where drinks of all kinds are prepared by bartenders very friendly and funny. After a few days, they already knew my preferences. For drinks really well made, served in glass cup, the bar on the main lobby is great, their margaritas are very good. Don´t miss the cocktail making classes with, of course, degustation of each one, that is really hilarious.

RESTAURANTS: I´ve had breakfast every day at La Hispaniola buffet, because it opens at 7 a.m. and the other one by the beach only opens much later. The beakfast there is very good and varied, there are always people preparing omelets and some other special dishes
For lunch, I prefered the buffet El Gaucho, which is next to the beach and has a separate area for guests Platinum with air conditioning and sea views. Normally there were specialties of the sea, as "rice nero" and “paellla”, among others, and sometimes it got somewhat crowded, but the later, the better to find a nice place.
At dinner, I went several times to La Hispaniola, which every night offered typical food from a different country. Beyond that, there are more 7 restaurants and one serving snacks. I tried just the Chopin, a less varied buffet in a beautiful setting; El Pescador, which serves very good seafood and the gourmet restaurant Licey, which is not usually included, but Platinum guests have one free dinner there. It's very beautiful, more sophisticated, but I considered the lobster a little overcooked, although the rest was good. And I went one night to El Pilon, at Tropical Princess, a resort close by that belongs to the same group, because they serve Dominican specialties, which I wanted to know better, and also liked the food, served in a charming place.
I´ve heard very positive comments from guests about the other restaurants, but, anyway, I´ve prefered going to buffets instead of menu restaurants, since these, although better, have a slower service, and after dinner there is plenty to do in the resort.

EXCURSIONS: as I was recently in Cancun, where I did all the excursions and activities possible, similar to those offered here, I´ve just decided to go to Isla Saona. I hired the tour with the company Hotel Beds, who had arranged my airport transfer (by Princess website), and whose representative in the hotel lobby, Fareste, was very friendly and helpful during all my stay. The tour includes a fun catamaran trip, with lots of Caribbean dances aboard, and return by speedboat, stopping at the beautiful island, and after a dip in the "natural pool". It is somewhat tiring, since it is necessary go to Baiahybe, from where the boats depart, which is about an hour by bus. The lunch on the island was very bad, there´s no wildlife on the way, but it was worth the fun.
The best activity outside the resort I did was parasailing, by the Seapro company, which has a kiosk on the beach just off the resort, and it was amazing. Thanks to Carlos, from Seapro, that found me on the beach in my last day there for tell me that the wind was weaker and I could finally fly.

ENTERTAINMENT: This was the best part of the trip. The fun games, aerobics and Caribbean dances classes occur several times every day at the beach and at the poolside, organized by the excellent animation team. Robert, Alex, Happy Face and all the other guys on the team are extremely friendly, funny, full of energy and were mainly responsible for the days were so fun.
At night, there are dance performances, comedy and music shows at the theatre. At some nights plays the excellent Princess Band with the fantastic Leidybell and other two great singers, whose names (sorry) I forgot. After the show, there is a track where everybody dances (or tries to) the Caribbean rhythms learned in the classes, as well as dance music. For those who have breath, there's the casino and annexed to it a disco that also plays the delicious bachatas, salsa and merengue. On one of the nights there was a lively beach party too. If you are a "moving person" like me, this resort is your place.

OVERALL, I loved the resort. There are only a few drawbacks, however, that in no way reduce the brightness of travel:
- There are some cages for birds, now empty, which I hope are definitely disabled, because it makes no sense to have animals trapped in a site that aims to be environmentally friendly.
- Just as I hope that won´t be allowed anymore photos with wildlife like macaws, cockatoos (which are even not from the region) and monkeys, which are offered to guests in the resort area.
- And despite the constant efforts of the cleaning staff, one can see plastic cups, straws and cigarette butts here and there and on the beach. In this case, I think that the only way should include in the program good manners lessons to certain tourists.

Thanks a lot to all the staff and hope come back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kapuskasing, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just returned from a week long holiday at the end of November. I must say my husband and I had a wonderful time at Bavaro Pincess. This is our second time to Punta Cana and our second time at this resort. The beach area is great and the staff everywhere on the resort it great. This is a big resort but it has a tropical feel to it because of the beautiful grounds, also it's easy to get around because of the trolly that picks you up and brings you from one area to an other, our rooms was very clean and was decorated differently every day. We found there was enough choice when it came to food (of coarse it's going to taste different, after all you are in a different country), also we had the VIP package so we were able to order ala carte at supper time.
Over all for us this was a great holiday, and we really enjoyed this resort.

Room Tip: rooms in the 700, nice and close to the beach
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The resort itself is very pretty, and the rooms are nice. I was upgraded to a honeymoon suite which was beautiful and newely renovated, even the cable they had was great. One thing I did not like was the size of the resort, its just too big and taking a shuttle to the beach was becoming annoying. They also have a ecological park in the middle of the resort which I belive contributed all the bug bites I got, which did not happen last time a stayed in Punta Cana. The food and drinks were terrible and they even charged up extra for rooms service, cost us $25 plus tip for two hambugers. When I stayed at the Rio Palace in Punta Cana the food and drinks were 10 times better then this place. Spa was really nice, and fully enjoyed my experience there. I also had a great time going to the Hard Rock Hotel nightclub, $65 for transportation there and back, open bar, and the club served us premium liquor which was a nice surrpise. ONe big bummer was someones iphone was stolen, but I guess thats what the safes are for.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the beach, save yourself the journey. Honeymoon suite is very nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The territory is large and round goes mini bus. In the middle is the so-called "ecological path." This undeveloped swamp. Rabbits, sad parrot, iguanas, fish, aquatic turtles and mosquitoes, which then bite tourists. The smell of swamp or sewage! Is it better to mosquitoes or animals? Even from the presidential suite ocean view is bad. Coffee maker did not work, quickly replaced. Why high humidity jacuzzi in the room? Can be used as a washing machine.) Fogged windows, wet clothes. Two days repairing air-conditioning, even offered to move to another bungalow. Went to see the bungalow, coffee maker not working. I smiled. The beach is not very clean. Umbrella is not enough. The ocean is very good! Food. Ala carte restaurants profanity. If you ever eaten authentic food, you'll find me! Dine in the main restaurant. There is a choice and there is no need to wait! Very welcoming and friendly staff. Thanks ALLA for what it is! All inclusive. The people in the morning and started drinking rum cocktails at the pool bar and swim only in the evening. Water purification system cope, it seems) Guides. Natasha and Victor well. Stas-Erzhinsky not comment. Resume-well. But six years ago, it was much better!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family