This was my first time to Punta Cana and I was not disappointed! The Bavaro Princess resort came highly recommended and it lived up to all the reviews!
I had originally thought that I had booked a suite, however when we arrived we were booked into the main hotel at the back of the resort as I had actually booked a junior suite. Although the main hotel is lovely, it's not what I had anticipated. Danicia and Daniello at the Reception Desk took care of moving us to a suite in a villa without any hassle (we did have to pay the difference, which was minimum and WELL worth it for what we wanted). The new room was absolutely fabulous and only a 2 minute walk (through beautifully manicured grounds) to the beach, main pool, and all the a la carte restaurants. Altagracia did a wonderful job keeping our room clean and tidy (and keeping us well stocked in towels). We really appreciated that Danicia called us almost everyday just to check to see that everything was to our liking.
The beach is beautiful and there are ample loungers for everyone. Be warned that at this time of year (late November/early December) it is very wavy so if you have little kids you won't be able to let them play in the ocean unattended. For adults though it was fun body surfing. We took a walk along the beach (which is one resort after another) - Bavaro Princess had the best section of beach!!! Other resorts were crowded too close to the water or had worn and tattered loungers. The beach at Bavaro Princess was exceptional!
When we were visiting guest were able to visit the a la carte restaurants without a reservations (I don't think the resort was full to capacity during our stay so this may be different during the peak of the tourist season). We dined at Bella Pasta (Italian) twice (Carlos - you run an amazing restaurant!), El Gaucho (Steakhouse), El Pescador (seafood) and Tanuki (Teppanyaki). The food, service and wine was impecible! The decor at the a la carte restaurants have all recently been redone so the atmosphere is lovely (similar to fine dining in Toronto or Montreal). We only ate at the buffet twice for dinner but we were happy with the wide selection. Of particular note were the fresh bread and rolls!
The thing that really stood out to us about Bavaro Princess was the incredible staff!!!!! I've never experienced such amazing customer service anywhere! One night I had a bit of a stomach ache - the waitress at the buffet (who didn't even speak English), figured out that I wasn't feeling well and made me a tonic water concoction with lime and salt right at the table. I felt much better afterwards. Whether it's the reception reps, wait staff, housekeeping, the grounds crew, or the entertainment staff, everyone is so incredibly friendly and welcoming!! Mucho gracias to everyone who made our stay amazing!
A couple of tips though: 1. Don't forget to bring sunscreen and bug spray. The mosquitos are pretty bad, even though the resort sprays for them. Sunscreen (and other amenities) are super expensive on the resort ($30 US/bottle) so don't forget these at home. 2. Don't drink the tap water (they warn you about this on the busride to the resort), but don't worry about bringing bottled water from home - they restock the bottled water in the room (which is included) and all the bars serve bottled Dasani water. 3. Don't bother with snorkel gear unless you plan to go on a off-the-resort excursion. There is nothing to see directly off the beach at the resort. There is a reef quite far down Bavaro beach which we visited one day as part of a catamaran tour (Sunny Day - I'd highly recommend it!!)
If you are looking to have a crappy time and complain about the food and drinks and new climate and cultures, then I'm sorry but no resort will be up to your standards. I think that a lot of the people who have written less than stellar reviews about this Resort really are those miserable travellers who won't be happy anywhere. If you are looking to have a relaxing, amazing vacation then your expectations will be exceeded at the Bavaro Princess!
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort
- Bavaro Princess Hotel
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess
- Bavaro Princess All Suites
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino is situated 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport, in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of costumers. A Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, full of magic and colour in a natural oasis of palm groves and mangrove swamps, offering luxury holidays on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. 808 luxury suites equipped with air conditioning, full bathroom, hairdryer, telephone, iron and board, cable TV, minibar, coffee maker, safety deposit box, ceiling fan, balcony/terrace. 10 restaurants (main buffet, buffet with piano concert, beach buffet for breakfast and lunch, Italian, Argentinean, seafood, Asian, Japanese, Gourmet & Chill Out restaurants with extra charge), 9 bars and 1 snack. We offer a very special daily and nightly entertainment program, spa, beauty salon, gym, sauna, Jacuzzi and 2 swimming pools. Aquatic Center, 3 tennis courts, miniclub and teen's club. Princess Tower Casino and Lancelot Disco. Wedding Packages also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Olotels, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.