“Wonderful week” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #38 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Wonderful week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I traveled alone, in the period of 21-28 November this year, and had a wonderful stay at this resort. I opted for the Platinum Club, that offers a lot of amenities (one free massage, a gourmet dinner at Licey, free internet access at the lounge, among the highlights). But the best is the exclusive and impecable service at the Platinum Lounge provided by Mr. Martires, Rodolfo and the other boys of the staff, that were extremely friendly and helpful throughout my stay.

THE RESORT is a huge area of beautifully manicured gardens with lush greenery and water features. There is an ecological path that traverses an area of native mangrove, where one can spot birds, especially early and late in the day. The lobby and restaurants are harmonious with the local architecture, with very high ceilings and huge fans always running. I really liked the fact that the local resorts must limit their height, so that, not only the interference to the local climate is minimized, but also the visual impact: when looking from the beach there is only a slight view of the constructions behind vegetation, especially high coconut palm trees. The distance from my suite to the main building was a path of 1.2 km, that I walked several times a day. But for those who do not like to exercise, there is a train that transports guests between the various areas, every 5 minutes, on average, from 7 to 24 h. After that, you need to request at reception, that always answered very quickly.

THE SUITES are very big, clean, with good air conditioning, which is essential as it is very hot, even at this time of the year. All of them are equal, scattered in blocks of two floors, with spacious balconies. I´ve gotten one of the best, the number 744, in the upper floor, overlooking the sea, two steps from the beach. Every day the maid made ​​a special arrangement with towel sculptures, flowers, different folds of the sheets, which I found adorable. There is also a jacuzzi (wich I didn´t have time to try), a frigorbar restocked daily and all the itens for your needs.

BEACH / POOL: The beach is beautiful, although there are many algae, which, however, are taken off daily by employees of the resorts. The sea, in beautiful shades of green, is somewhat choppy, with small but strong waves. Platinum Guests have a private fenced area, where there are chair longs and beds, as well as a private bar, but I´ve used them little, preferring the party feeling in front of the bar Chiringo II. There is a huge pool by the beach, where animation happens, and another smaller, ideal for those seeking tranquility, beside the main building.

BARS: There are several scattered, even a wet one, where drinks of all kinds are prepared by bartenders very friendly and funny. After a few days, they already knew my preferences. For drinks really well made, served in glass cup, the bar on the main lobby is great, their margaritas are very good. Don´t miss the cocktail making classes with, of course, degustation of each one, that is really hilarious.

RESTAURANTS: I´ve had breakfast every day at La Hispaniola buffet, because it opens at 7 a.m. and the other one by the beach only opens much later. The beakfast there is very good and varied, there are always people preparing omelets and some other special dishes
For lunch, I prefered the buffet El Gaucho, which is next to the beach and has a separate area for guests Platinum with air conditioning and sea views. Normally there were specialties of the sea, as "rice nero" and “paellla”, among others, and sometimes it got somewhat crowded, but the later, the better to find a nice place.
At dinner, I went several times to La Hispaniola, which every night offered typical food from a different country. Beyond that, there are more 7 restaurants and one serving snacks. I tried just the Chopin, a less varied buffet in a beautiful setting; El Pescador, which serves very good seafood and the gourmet restaurant Licey, which is not usually included, but Platinum guests have one free dinner there. It's very beautiful, more sophisticated, but I considered the lobster a little overcooked, although the rest was good. And I went one night to El Pilon, at Tropical Princess, a resort close by that belongs to the same group, because they serve Dominican specialties, which I wanted to know better, and also liked the food, served in a charming place.
I´ve heard very positive comments from guests about the other restaurants, but, anyway, I´ve prefered going to buffets instead of menu restaurants, since these, although better, have a slower service, and after dinner there is plenty to do in the resort.

EXCURSIONS: as I was recently in Cancun, where I did all the excursions and activities possible, similar to those offered here, I´ve just decided to go to Isla Saona. I hired the tour with the company Hotel Beds, who had arranged my airport transfer (by Princess website), and whose representative in the hotel lobby, Fareste, was very friendly and helpful during all my stay. The tour includes a fun catamaran trip, with lots of Caribbean dances aboard, and return by speedboat, stopping at the beautiful island, and after a dip in the "natural pool". It is somewhat tiring, since it is necessary go to Baiahybe, from where the boats depart, which is about an hour by bus. The lunch on the island was very bad, there´s no wildlife on the way, but it was worth the fun.
The best activity outside the resort I did was parasailing, by the Seapro company, which has a kiosk on the beach just off the resort, and it was amazing. Thanks to Carlos, from Seapro, that found me on the beach in my last day there for tell me that the wind was weaker and I could finally fly.

ENTERTAINMENT: This was the best part of the trip. The fun games, aerobics and Caribbean dances classes occur several times every day at the beach and at the poolside, organized by the excellent animation team. Robert, Alex, Happy Face and all the other guys on the team are extremely friendly, funny, full of energy and were mainly responsible for the days were so fun.
At night, there are dance performances, comedy and music shows at the theatre. At some nights plays the excellent Princess Band with the fantastic Leidybell and other two great singers, whose names (sorry) I forgot. After the show, there is a track where everybody dances (or tries to) the Caribbean rhythms learned in the classes, as well as dance music. For those who have breath, there's the casino and annexed to it a disco that also plays the delicious bachatas, salsa and merengue. On one of the nights there was a lively beach party too. If you are a "moving person" like me, this resort is your place.

OVERALL, I loved the resort. There are only a few drawbacks, however, that in no way reduce the brightness of travel:
- There are some cages for birds, now empty, which I hope are definitely disabled, because it makes no sense to have animals trapped in a site that aims to be environmentally friendly.
- Just as I hope that won´t be allowed anymore photos with wildlife like macaws, cockatoos (which are even not from the region) and monkeys, which are offered to guests in the resort area.
- And despite the constant efforts of the cleaning staff, one can see plastic cups, straws and cigarette butts here and there and on the beach. In this case, I think that the only way should include in the program good manners lessons to certain tourists.

Thanks a lot to all the staff and hope come back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (868)
  • Polish first
Kapuskasing, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just returned from a week long holiday at the end of November. I must say my husband and I had a wonderful time at Bavaro Pincess. This is our second time to Punta Cana and our second time at this resort. The beach area is great and the staff everywhere on the resort it great. This is a big resort but it has a tropical feel to it because of the beautiful grounds, also it's easy to get around because of the trolly that picks you up and brings you from one area to an other, our rooms was very clean and was decorated differently every day. We found there was enough choice when it came to food (of coarse it's going to taste different, after all you are in a different country), also we had the VIP package so we were able to order ala carte at supper time.
Over all for us this was a great holiday, and we really enjoyed this resort.

Room Tip: rooms in the 700, nice and close to the beach
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The resort itself is very pretty, and the rooms are nice. I was upgraded to a honeymoon suite which was beautiful and newely renovated, even the cable they had was great. One thing I did not like was the size of the resort, its just too big and taking a shuttle to the beach was becoming annoying. They also have a ecological park in the middle of the resort which I belive contributed all the bug bites I got, which did not happen last time a stayed in Punta Cana. The food and drinks were terrible and they even charged up extra for rooms service, cost us $25 plus tip for two hambugers. When I stayed at the Rio Palace in Punta Cana the food and drinks were 10 times better then this place. Spa was really nice, and fully enjoyed my experience there. I also had a great time going to the Hard Rock Hotel nightclub, $65 for transportation there and back, open bar, and the club served us premium liquor which was a nice surrpise. ONe big bummer was someones iphone was stolen, but I guess thats what the safes are for.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the beach, save yourself the journey. Honeymoon suite is very nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The territory is large and round goes mini bus. In the middle is the so-called "ecological path." This undeveloped swamp. Rabbits, sad parrot, iguanas, fish, aquatic turtles and mosquitoes, which then bite tourists. The smell of swamp or sewage! Is it better to mosquitoes or animals? Even from the presidential suite ocean view is bad. Coffee maker did not work, quickly replaced. Why high humidity jacuzzi in the room? Can be used as a washing machine.) Fogged windows, wet clothes. Two days repairing air-conditioning, even offered to move to another bungalow. Went to see the bungalow, coffee maker not working. I smiled. The beach is not very clean. Umbrella is not enough. The ocean is very good! Food. Ala carte restaurants profanity. If you ever eaten authentic food, you'll find me! Dine in the main restaurant. There is a choice and there is no need to wait! Very welcoming and friendly staff. Thanks ALLA for what it is! All inclusive. The people in the morning and started drinking rum cocktails at the pool bar and swim only in the evening. Water purification system cope, it seems) Guides. Natasha and Victor well. Stas-Erzhinsky not comment. Resume-well. But six years ago, it was much better!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just returned from a week there with a group. Probably my 20th all-inclusive. First off, it was HUGE ... and I'm not into huge resorts but since I went with a group that helped. There is a trolly to get around which was fine, we never waited very long. On the plus side: the rooms. They are enormous and each has a porch or balcony which is great. Everything functioned fine tho my husband did fall on the marble (tile?) floor which can get slippery but this seems common in the Caribbean. Another plus was the beach - very clean, wide and long with lovely soft powdery sand and clear. We never had a problem the entire time with finding a chair in the shade or sun, which may be a first.
Reviewing food is impossible I've decided, people have different levels of 'education' about food, palates etc. It was okay and sometimes good. Generally decent but not much that would get me excited (I am a hard core 'foodie' and this isn't a 'foodie' kind of place and we didn't expect it to be.)
The spa needs a LOT of updating (broken sauna, locker ... ) it's basically worn out and the gym is absolutely terrible. Really bad. But since most people don't use the gym and there's great walks on the beach maybe that doesn't matter.

It took 3 days, leaving a note in Spanish, and asking several people (front desk, housekeeping) to get diet cola. Just lucky the guy who filled the minibar was actually there one day and I asked him in Spanish . He was very accommodating. All the staff were friendly and readily answered questions or were helpful.

Basically I prefer smaller places where you can get to know people and not feel like a small cog in a huge tourist factory. We have been to Bahia Principe, which is also huge, but it seemed newer, brighter, better (MUCH) food. Much depends on price. If you can get a sell off or go in the off season, this is a decent place. I've been spoiled by Couples in Jamaica and when I think of all the things that are included there I think it's so much better. You get what you pay for and all that.
So everything really depends on price. I suggest shopping around and if this is a good deal, go for it. You're in the tropics, it's clean, beautiful grounds and beach and decent food ... but if you're paying a premium, then shop around before plunking down the credit card.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pepper Pike, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I just had a great time with my two children- Bavaro Princess is All suites hotel - rooms are nice a big and clean. We stayed at the upgraded Platinum Club - so right by the beach. Our rooms had Jacuzzi right in the bedroom, big private terraces.. Beach was clean and well maintained - lots of son and lots of shades- umbrellas. Ocean was warm.
There were no No drinks or snack service on the beach.
At the restaurants Food was abundant but not really delicious...drinks were just full of sugar..
Mostly the same food selection at all the restaurants and the same choices of food. Dining was definitely Boring!
Kids club - my kids (9 and 10 y old) didn't enjoy...
Pool - nice and big with lots of activities around it : music, competitions, zumba, water-aerobics...

Room Tip: I small tip to a receptionist-manager put me in the ocean-front :-)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this resort very much, my only problem is we weren't there long enough! Not all the staff spoke English but the food was amazing, our rooms and the hotel grounds were spotless. We stayed in a platinum suite and absolutely loved it. The pool was clean and warm the beach stunning. I actually can't find anything to complain other than the language barrier with a few staff members who get quite moody with my poor Spanish however at my stay at Gran Bahia I never once had a problem with communication. It was nice to see many members of the security team. I enjoyed being able to have a laptop, the wifi, not having to book restaurants, the platinum beach, rooms, staff and bars were excellent. I am definetly returning for a longer stay with my kids next time as I'm sure they'll enjoy just as much as we did. This resort is very beautiful and we loved the wildlife. Not the best priced resort in the area but I really enjoyed my time here.

• Stayed September 2012