“very relaxing holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #39 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Kapuskasing, Canada
“very relaxing holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just returned from a week long holiday at the end of November. I must say my husband and I had a wonderful time at Bavaro Pincess. This is our second time to Punta Cana and our second time at this resort. The beach area is great and the staff everywhere on the resort it great. This is a big resort but it has a tropical feel to it because of the beautiful grounds, also it's easy to get around because of the trolly that picks you up and brings you from one area to an other, our rooms was very clean and was decorated differently every day. We found there was enough choice when it came to food (of coarse it's going to taste different, after all you are in a different country), also we had the VIP package so we were able to order ala carte at supper time.
Over all for us this was a great holiday, and we really enjoyed this resort.

Room Tip: rooms in the 700, nice and close to the beach
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

4,855 people have reviewed this hotel

1929
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Polish first
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The resort itself is very pretty, and the rooms are nice. I was upgraded to a honeymoon suite which was beautiful and newely renovated, even the cable they had was great. One thing I did not like was the size of the resort, its just too big and taking a shuttle to the beach was becoming annoying. They also have a ecological park in the middle of the resort which I belive contributed all the bug bites I got, which did not happen last time a stayed in Punta Cana. The food and drinks were terrible and they even charged up extra for rooms service, cost us $25 plus tip for two hambugers. When I stayed at the Rio Palace in Punta Cana the food and drinks were 10 times better then this place. Spa was really nice, and fully enjoyed my experience there. I also had a great time going to the Hard Rock Hotel nightclub, $65 for transportation there and back, open bar, and the club served us premium liquor which was a nice surrpise. ONe big bummer was someones iphone was stolen, but I guess thats what the safes are for.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the beach, save yourself the journey. Honeymoon suite is very nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The territory is large and round goes mini bus. In the middle is the so-called "ecological path." This undeveloped swamp. Rabbits, sad parrot, iguanas, fish, aquatic turtles and mosquitoes, which then bite tourists. The smell of swamp or sewage! Is it better to mosquitoes or animals? Even from the presidential suite ocean view is bad. Coffee maker did not work, quickly replaced. Why high humidity jacuzzi in the room? Can be used as a washing machine.) Fogged windows, wet clothes. Two days repairing air-conditioning, even offered to move to another bungalow. Went to see the bungalow, coffee maker not working. I smiled. The beach is not very clean. Umbrella is not enough. The ocean is very good! Food. Ala carte restaurants profanity. If you ever eaten authentic food, you'll find me! Dine in the main restaurant. There is a choice and there is no need to wait! Very welcoming and friendly staff. Thanks ALLA for what it is! All inclusive. The people in the morning and started drinking rum cocktails at the pool bar and swim only in the evening. Water purification system cope, it seems) Guides. Natasha and Victor well. Stas-Erzhinsky not comment. Resume-well. But six years ago, it was much better!!

Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just returned from a week there with a group. Probably my 20th all-inclusive. First off, it was HUGE ... and I'm not into huge resorts but since I went with a group that helped. There is a trolly to get around which was fine, we never waited very long. On the plus side: the rooms. They are enormous and each has a porch or balcony which is great. Everything functioned fine tho my husband did fall on the marble (tile?) floor which can get slippery but this seems common in the Caribbean. Another plus was the beach - very clean, wide and long with lovely soft powdery sand and clear. We never had a problem the entire time with finding a chair in the shade or sun, which may be a first.
Reviewing food is impossible I've decided, people have different levels of 'education' about food, palates etc. It was okay and sometimes good. Generally decent but not much that would get me excited (I am a hard core 'foodie' and this isn't a 'foodie' kind of place and we didn't expect it to be.)
The spa needs a LOT of updating (broken sauna, locker ... ) it's basically worn out and the gym is absolutely terrible. Really bad. But since most people don't use the gym and there's great walks on the beach maybe that doesn't matter.

It took 3 days, leaving a note in Spanish, and asking several people (front desk, housekeeping) to get diet cola. Just lucky the guy who filled the minibar was actually there one day and I asked him in Spanish . He was very accommodating. All the staff were friendly and readily answered questions or were helpful.

Basically I prefer smaller places where you can get to know people and not feel like a small cog in a huge tourist factory. We have been to Bahia Principe, which is also huge, but it seemed newer, brighter, better (MUCH) food. Much depends on price. If you can get a sell off or go in the off season, this is a decent place. I've been spoiled by Couples in Jamaica and when I think of all the things that are included there I think it's so much better. You get what you pay for and all that.
So everything really depends on price. I suggest shopping around and if this is a good deal, go for it. You're in the tropics, it's clean, beautiful grounds and beach and decent food ... but if you're paying a premium, then shop around before plunking down the credit card.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pepper Pike, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I just had a great time with my two children- Bavaro Princess is All suites hotel - rooms are nice a big and clean. We stayed at the upgraded Platinum Club - so right by the beach. Our rooms had Jacuzzi right in the bedroom, big private terraces.. Beach was clean and well maintained - lots of son and lots of shades- umbrellas. Ocean was warm.
There were no No drinks or snack service on the beach.
At the restaurants Food was abundant but not really delicious...drinks were just full of sugar..
Mostly the same food selection at all the restaurants and the same choices of food. Dining was definitely Boring!
Kids club - my kids (9 and 10 y old) didn't enjoy...
Pool - nice and big with lots of activities around it : music, competitions, zumba, water-aerobics...

Room Tip: I small tip to a receptionist-manager put me in the ocean-front :-)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this resort very much, my only problem is we weren't there long enough! Not all the staff spoke English but the food was amazing, our rooms and the hotel grounds were spotless. We stayed in a platinum suite and absolutely loved it. The pool was clean and warm the beach stunning. I actually can't find anything to complain other than the language barrier with a few staff members who get quite moody with my poor Spanish however at my stay at Gran Bahia I never once had a problem with communication. It was nice to see many members of the security team. I enjoyed being able to have a laptop, the wifi, not having to book restaurants, the platinum beach, rooms, staff and bars were excellent. I am definetly returning for a longer stay with my kids next time as I'm sure they'll enjoy just as much as we did. This resort is very beautiful and we loved the wildlife. Not the best priced resort in the area but I really enjoyed my time here.

• Stayed September 2012
Stonehaven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

just had the most fantastic holiday at Bavaro Princess when our children and grandchildren from Scotland, England,Ireland, Wales and Texas all met together. The staff, from start to finish, were magnificent especially in the main restaurant where a table was available for our large party (13) every evening. The room maid decorated our room every day having seen our anniversary cards, each day a different decoration. The morning greetings from gardeners, cleaners and indeed everyone made for a great start to each day.

Room Tip: Our rooms were all close by the Chopin Restaurant and the train/bus stopped there in the evenings...