“Princess into a Cinderella” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #38 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Moscow, Russia
“Princess into a Cinderella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The territory is large and round goes mini bus. In the middle is the so-called "ecological path." This undeveloped swamp. Rabbits, sad parrot, iguanas, fish, aquatic turtles and mosquitoes, which then bite tourists. The smell of swamp or sewage! Is it better to mosquitoes or animals? Even from the presidential suite ocean view is bad. Coffee maker did not work, quickly replaced. Why high humidity jacuzzi in the room? Can be used as a washing machine.) Fogged windows, wet clothes. Two days repairing air-conditioning, even offered to move to another bungalow. Went to see the bungalow, coffee maker not working. I smiled. The beach is not very clean. Umbrella is not enough. The ocean is very good! Food. Ala carte restaurants profanity. If you ever eaten authentic food, you'll find me! Dine in the main restaurant. There is a choice and there is no need to wait! Very welcoming and friendly staff. Thanks ALLA for what it is! All inclusive. The people in the morning and started drinking rum cocktails at the pool bar and swim only in the evening. Water purification system cope, it seems) Guides. Natasha and Victor well. Stas-Erzhinsky not comment. Resume-well. But six years ago, it was much better!!

4,892 people have reviewed this hotel

1945
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (783)
  • Polish first
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just returned from a week there with a group. Probably my 20th all-inclusive. First off, it was HUGE ... and I'm not into huge resorts but since I went with a group that helped. There is a trolly to get around which was fine, we never waited very long. On the plus side: the rooms. They are enormous and each has a porch or balcony which is great. Everything functioned fine tho my husband did fall on the marble (tile?) floor which can get slippery but this seems common in the Caribbean. Another plus was the beach - very clean, wide and long with lovely soft powdery sand and clear. We never had a problem the entire time with finding a chair in the shade or sun, which may be a first.
Reviewing food is impossible I've decided, people have different levels of 'education' about food, palates etc. It was okay and sometimes good. Generally decent but not much that would get me excited (I am a hard core 'foodie' and this isn't a 'foodie' kind of place and we didn't expect it to be.)
The spa needs a LOT of updating (broken sauna, locker ... ) it's basically worn out and the gym is absolutely terrible. Really bad. But since most people don't use the gym and there's great walks on the beach maybe that doesn't matter.

It took 3 days, leaving a note in Spanish, and asking several people (front desk, housekeeping) to get diet cola. Just lucky the guy who filled the minibar was actually there one day and I asked him in Spanish . He was very accommodating. All the staff were friendly and readily answered questions or were helpful.

Basically I prefer smaller places where you can get to know people and not feel like a small cog in a huge tourist factory. We have been to Bahia Principe, which is also huge, but it seemed newer, brighter, better (MUCH) food. Much depends on price. If you can get a sell off or go in the off season, this is a decent place. I've been spoiled by Couples in Jamaica and when I think of all the things that are included there I think it's so much better. You get what you pay for and all that.
So everything really depends on price. I suggest shopping around and if this is a good deal, go for it. You're in the tropics, it's clean, beautiful grounds and beach and decent food ... but if you're paying a premium, then shop around before plunking down the credit card.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pepper Pike, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I just had a great time with my two children- Bavaro Princess is All suites hotel - rooms are nice a big and clean. We stayed at the upgraded Platinum Club - so right by the beach. Our rooms had Jacuzzi right in the bedroom, big private terraces.. Beach was clean and well maintained - lots of son and lots of shades- umbrellas. Ocean was warm.
There were no No drinks or snack service on the beach.
At the restaurants Food was abundant but not really delicious...drinks were just full of sugar..
Mostly the same food selection at all the restaurants and the same choices of food. Dining was definitely Boring!
Kids club - my kids (9 and 10 y old) didn't enjoy...
Pool - nice and big with lots of activities around it : music, competitions, zumba, water-aerobics...

Room Tip: I small tip to a receptionist-manager put me in the ocean-front :-)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this resort very much, my only problem is we weren't there long enough! Not all the staff spoke English but the food was amazing, our rooms and the hotel grounds were spotless. We stayed in a platinum suite and absolutely loved it. The pool was clean and warm the beach stunning. I actually can't find anything to complain other than the language barrier with a few staff members who get quite moody with my poor Spanish however at my stay at Gran Bahia I never once had a problem with communication. It was nice to see many members of the security team. I enjoyed being able to have a laptop, the wifi, not having to book restaurants, the platinum beach, rooms, staff and bars were excellent. I am definetly returning for a longer stay with my kids next time as I'm sure they'll enjoy just as much as we did. This resort is very beautiful and we loved the wildlife. Not the best priced resort in the area but I really enjoyed my time here.

• Stayed September 2012
Stonehaven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

just had the most fantastic holiday at Bavaro Princess when our children and grandchildren from Scotland, England,Ireland, Wales and Texas all met together. The staff, from start to finish, were magnificent especially in the main restaurant where a table was available for our large party (13) every evening. The room maid decorated our room every day having seen our anniversary cards, each day a different decoration. The morning greetings from gardeners, cleaners and indeed everyone made for a great start to each day.

Room Tip: Our rooms were all close by the Chopin Restaurant and the train/bus stopped there in the evenings...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had our wedding at Bavaro Princess. And oh my God! Our wedding planner - Francelia was amazing! She did such a great job on everything, including the decorations (which I brought from Toronto and didn't really know how and where to put them) and on the ceremony. I never worried about anything! And it was just perfect! Highly recommend her and this hotel if you decided to have a destination wedding!
The hotel is awesome, very clean rooms with jaccuzzi, the food is great and the service is very good.
Our group of 25 people really enjoyed the trip!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

we travelled here as a group of 7, rooms were large but dated. don't really spend a lot of time in the room so not a big deal. all the staff were wonderful. Raffy at the bar always made us feel like we had been friends forever. Even the gardener asked me if I wanted a coconut and he would climb the tree to get it for me. cleaning staff were fantastic. Beach is excellent as always. A la carte restaurants were good if you could get in. no reservations means long waits. we tried the entire trip to get into the italian spot but were only able to get in on valentines day. menu was the same at all the restaurants that day so it was a bit of a waste. the best restaurant we ate in was the french. food was excellent and there was a boat floating around playing music. One of our group broke her ankle the first night we were there. although it was no fault of the hotel they did not attempt to help out with her after we returned from hospital. the only person who ever asked about her was the security guard that was on duty that night. Resort is very big and being at the front makes a long walk to the beach. We never had any problems getting a palapa on the beach. in the middle of the resort is a mangrove swamp with pens and cages for birds and lizards. all in all it was a good vacation but would have preferred more of a night life. We went to another resort for the disco one night just a short walk down the road. We are going back to the dominican again this year but will try another resort.

Room Tip: cheapest rooms are near the lobby and buffet but need to take the trolley to the beach. these rooms...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends