Just returned from a week there with a group. Probably my 20th all-inclusive. First off, it was HUGE ... and I'm not into huge resorts but since I went with a group that helped. There is a trolly to get around which was fine, we never waited very long. On the plus side: the rooms. They are enormous and each has a porch or balcony which is great. Everything functioned fine tho my husband did fall on the marble (tile?) floor which can get slippery but this seems common in the Caribbean. Another plus was the beach - very clean, wide and long with lovely soft powdery sand and clear. We never had a problem the entire time with finding a chair in the shade or sun, which may be a first.
Reviewing food is impossible I've decided, people have different levels of 'education' about food, palates etc. It was okay and sometimes good. Generally decent but not much that would get me excited (I am a hard core 'foodie' and this isn't a 'foodie' kind of place and we didn't expect it to be.)
The spa needs a LOT of updating (broken sauna, locker ... ) it's basically worn out and the gym is absolutely terrible. Really bad. But since most people don't use the gym and there's great walks on the beach maybe that doesn't matter.
It took 3 days, leaving a note in Spanish, and asking several people (front desk, housekeeping) to get diet cola. Just lucky the guy who filled the minibar was actually there one day and I asked him in Spanish . He was very accommodating. All the staff were friendly and readily answered questions or were helpful.
Basically I prefer smaller places where you can get to know people and not feel like a small cog in a huge tourist factory. We have been to Bahia Principe, which is also huge, but it seemed newer, brighter, better (MUCH) food. Much depends on price. If you can get a sell off or go in the off season, this is a decent place. I've been spoiled by Couples in Jamaica and when I think of all the things that are included there I think it's so much better. You get what you pay for and all that.
So everything really depends on price. I suggest shopping around and if this is a good deal, go for it. You're in the tropics, it's clean, beautiful grounds and beach and decent food ... but if you're paying a premium, then shop around before plunking down the credit card.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana