“get a good price and shop around” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #38 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Ontario
“get a good price and shop around”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just returned from a week there with a group. Probably my 20th all-inclusive. First off, it was HUGE ... and I'm not into huge resorts but since I went with a group that helped. There is a trolly to get around which was fine, we never waited very long. On the plus side: the rooms. They are enormous and each has a porch or balcony which is great. Everything functioned fine tho my husband did fall on the marble (tile?) floor which can get slippery but this seems common in the Caribbean. Another plus was the beach - very clean, wide and long with lovely soft powdery sand and clear. We never had a problem the entire time with finding a chair in the shade or sun, which may be a first.
Reviewing food is impossible I've decided, people have different levels of 'education' about food, palates etc. It was okay and sometimes good. Generally decent but not much that would get me excited (I am a hard core 'foodie' and this isn't a 'foodie' kind of place and we didn't expect it to be.)
The spa needs a LOT of updating (broken sauna, locker ... ) it's basically worn out and the gym is absolutely terrible. Really bad. But since most people don't use the gym and there's great walks on the beach maybe that doesn't matter.

It took 3 days, leaving a note in Spanish, and asking several people (front desk, housekeeping) to get diet cola. Just lucky the guy who filled the minibar was actually there one day and I asked him in Spanish . He was very accommodating. All the staff were friendly and readily answered questions or were helpful.

Basically I prefer smaller places where you can get to know people and not feel like a small cog in a huge tourist factory. We have been to Bahia Principe, which is also huge, but it seemed newer, brighter, better (MUCH) food. Much depends on price. If you can get a sell off or go in the off season, this is a decent place. I've been spoiled by Couples in Jamaica and when I think of all the things that are included there I think it's so much better. You get what you pay for and all that.
So everything really depends on price. I suggest shopping around and if this is a good deal, go for it. You're in the tropics, it's clean, beautiful grounds and beach and decent food ... but if you're paying a premium, then shop around before plunking down the credit card.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (817)
  • Polish first
Pepper Pike, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I just had a great time with my two children- Bavaro Princess is All suites hotel - rooms are nice a big and clean. We stayed at the upgraded Platinum Club - so right by the beach. Our rooms had Jacuzzi right in the bedroom, big private terraces.. Beach was clean and well maintained - lots of son and lots of shades- umbrellas. Ocean was warm.
There were no No drinks or snack service on the beach.
At the restaurants Food was abundant but not really delicious...drinks were just full of sugar..
Mostly the same food selection at all the restaurants and the same choices of food. Dining was definitely Boring!
Kids club - my kids (9 and 10 y old) didn't enjoy...
Pool - nice and big with lots of activities around it : music, competitions, zumba, water-aerobics...

Room Tip: I small tip to a receptionist-manager put me in the ocean-front :-)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this resort very much, my only problem is we weren't there long enough! Not all the staff spoke English but the food was amazing, our rooms and the hotel grounds were spotless. We stayed in a platinum suite and absolutely loved it. The pool was clean and warm the beach stunning. I actually can't find anything to complain other than the language barrier with a few staff members who get quite moody with my poor Spanish however at my stay at Gran Bahia I never once had a problem with communication. It was nice to see many members of the security team. I enjoyed being able to have a laptop, the wifi, not having to book restaurants, the platinum beach, rooms, staff and bars were excellent. I am definetly returning for a longer stay with my kids next time as I'm sure they'll enjoy just as much as we did. This resort is very beautiful and we loved the wildlife. Not the best priced resort in the area but I really enjoyed my time here.

• Stayed September 2012
Stonehaven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

just had the most fantastic holiday at Bavaro Princess when our children and grandchildren from Scotland, England,Ireland, Wales and Texas all met together. The staff, from start to finish, were magnificent especially in the main restaurant where a table was available for our large party (13) every evening. The room maid decorated our room every day having seen our anniversary cards, each day a different decoration. The morning greetings from gardeners, cleaners and indeed everyone made for a great start to each day.

Room Tip: Our rooms were all close by the Chopin Restaurant and the train/bus stopped there in the evenings...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had our wedding at Bavaro Princess. And oh my God! Our wedding planner - Francelia was amazing! She did such a great job on everything, including the decorations (which I brought from Toronto and didn't really know how and where to put them) and on the ceremony. I never worried about anything! And it was just perfect! Highly recommend her and this hotel if you decided to have a destination wedding!
The hotel is awesome, very clean rooms with jaccuzzi, the food is great and the service is very good.
Our group of 25 people really enjoyed the trip!

Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

we travelled here as a group of 7, rooms were large but dated. don't really spend a lot of time in the room so not a big deal. all the staff were wonderful. Raffy at the bar always made us feel like we had been friends forever. Even the gardener asked me if I wanted a coconut and he would climb the tree to get it for me. cleaning staff were fantastic. Beach is excellent as always. A la carte restaurants were good if you could get in. no reservations means long waits. we tried the entire trip to get into the italian spot but were only able to get in on valentines day. menu was the same at all the restaurants that day so it was a bit of a waste. the best restaurant we ate in was the french. food was excellent and there was a boat floating around playing music. One of our group broke her ankle the first night we were there. although it was no fault of the hotel they did not attempt to help out with her after we returned from hospital. the only person who ever asked about her was the security guard that was on duty that night. Resort is very big and being at the front makes a long walk to the beach. We never had any problems getting a palapa on the beach. in the middle of the resort is a mangrove swamp with pens and cages for birds and lizards. all in all it was a good vacation but would have preferred more of a night life. We went to another resort for the disco one night just a short walk down the road. We are going back to the dominican again this year but will try another resort.

Room Tip: cheapest rooms are near the lobby and buffet but need to take the trolley to the beach. these rooms...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my first all-inclusive trip, I went with three girl friends, and overall we had an amazing time.

Note: If you are looking for a crazy party scene, or to meet other groups of friends, then this may not be the resort for you. Although we had a great time, the resort is mostly families and couples. We did travel during November however, so perhaps because it is less busy at that time of year there were less groups of friends than usual. They do have a casino/disco on site, and another disco just off site that were fun, however usually did not have lots of people dancing so we just made the best of it!

Entertainment: The entertainment and activity teams were outstanding, and definitely made the trip enjoyable. The nightly performances were a highlight of our week, there were many talented dancers and musicians. A special mention to Robert, Juan Carlos, Jordan, Happy Face, & Addy who were great to hang out with, and amazing people.

Rooms: We stayed in the junior suites; the rooms are very large and well maintained. Great shower and air conditioning. We were a bit of a walk away from the lobby, it would have been a bit nicer to be a bit closer, but we probably needed the exercise anyways from all the food!

Food/Drink: Overall, the food was great. We went to 4 a la carte restaurants and were happy with each. The breakfast buffet was our favorite. There were times when it would have been nice to been able to grab a quick snack when all the places were closed to bring back to the room when getting ready, esp for excursion and beach days when your eating schedule is a bit random! The drinks were delicious, however we were spoiled by our favorite bartender Richard who made the best drinks and was incredibly nice.

Excursions: Our group of 4 ladies did 2 excursions through Sunwing, the catamaran to Saona Island and ziplining. When booking an excursion, ask a lot of questions. We made the beginners mistake of not asking how long it would take to arrive at each destination. We were told the Saona island excursion would be from 7am-2pm, it's actually a 12 hour day and we didn't arrive home until 730pm. It takes approx 2.5hours to reach the place where you take the boat to the island, of winding roads and constant stops. For those with motion sickness, beware! However, the island itself was beautiful and we were glad we went. Ziplining was a lot of fun, and felt very safe and taken care of. The bus ride there is a trip in itself, off-roading up mountains in a safari type bus!

Beach/Pool: Amazing. Clean, and lucky for us, not overcrowded. Easy to find a beach chair, no need to reserve unless you wanted to be under an umbrella. Water was warm, swimmable for the most part, just beware of the waves as they can knock you over if youre not watching!

Overall, we had a lovely time and I would definitely recommend this resort to families and couples. Take the very negative reviews with a grain of salt, we saw a fair amount of ungrateful negative people on our trip that seemed to think that since they were at an all inclusive that the world revolved around them. Your experience is always what you make of it! :)