This was my first all-inclusive trip, I went with three girl friends, and overall we had an amazing time.
Note: If you are looking for a crazy party scene, or to meet other groups of friends, then this may not be the resort for you. Although we had a great time, the resort is mostly families and couples. We did travel during November however, so perhaps because it is less busy at that time of year there were less groups of friends than usual. They do have a casino/disco on site, and another disco just off site that were fun, however usually did not have lots of people dancing so we just made the best of it!
Entertainment: The entertainment and activity teams were outstanding, and definitely made the trip enjoyable. The nightly performances were a highlight of our week, there were many talented dancers and musicians. A special mention to Robert, Juan Carlos, Jordan, Happy Face, & Addy who were great to hang out with, and amazing people.
Rooms: We stayed in the junior suites; the rooms are very large and well maintained. Great shower and air conditioning. We were a bit of a walk away from the lobby, it would have been a bit nicer to be a bit closer, but we probably needed the exercise anyways from all the food!
Food/Drink: Overall, the food was great. We went to 4 a la carte restaurants and were happy with each. The breakfast buffet was our favorite. There were times when it would have been nice to been able to grab a quick snack when all the places were closed to bring back to the room when getting ready, esp for excursion and beach days when your eating schedule is a bit random! The drinks were delicious, however we were spoiled by our favorite bartender Richard who made the best drinks and was incredibly nice.
Excursions: Our group of 4 ladies did 2 excursions through Sunwing, the catamaran to Saona Island and ziplining. When booking an excursion, ask a lot of questions. We made the beginners mistake of not asking how long it would take to arrive at each destination. We were told the Saona island excursion would be from 7am-2pm, it's actually a 12 hour day and we didn't arrive home until 730pm. It takes approx 2.5hours to reach the place where you take the boat to the island, of winding roads and constant stops. For those with motion sickness, beware! However, the island itself was beautiful and we were glad we went. Ziplining was a lot of fun, and felt very safe and taken care of. The bus ride there is a trip in itself, off-roading up mountains in a safari type bus!
Beach/Pool: Amazing. Clean, and lucky for us, not overcrowded. Easy to find a beach chair, no need to reserve unless you wanted to be under an umbrella. Water was warm, swimmable for the most part, just beware of the waves as they can knock you over if youre not watching!
Overall, we had a lovely time and I would definitely recommend this resort to families and couples. Take the very negative reviews with a grain of salt, we saw a fair amount of ungrateful negative people on our trip that seemed to think that since they were at an all inclusive that the world revolved around them. Your experience is always what you make of it! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana