“Love the animation staff..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #35 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Love the animation staff..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I went to Bavaro Princess in September 2012 and had a great time. The staff is amazing! Especially the animation staff, especailly Manuel, Robert, and Jordan. We had such a great time because of them. They really made our trip special.
Shoutout to the bartenders too - especailly Raphy, Davie, and Jose Angeles.

Love you Manuel.

Room Tip: Close to the pool bar.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,081)
  • Polish first
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was my second time visiting Bavaro Princess, and this time was much better than my first experience. Check in was pretty quick, never really have any issues with checking in. The rooms are very spacious and nice.
There were some renovations while we were there, and two newly renovated a la carte restaurants by pool closest to the beach (El Pescador and Bella Pasta) which were VERY nice and the food was great. Buffet also had really good food with different themes every night, I especially enjoyed their Dominican night, very yummy Dominican food. They also have late night snacks at the buffet in the lobby starting from 12:00 am until I believe 4:00 am (hot dogs, hamburgers, fries nachos, etc.) For lunch they had a buffet style set up under tents on the beach which I loved so much that I never got around to going to have lunch at the lobby buffet, really good food.
The animation team is awesome as always. I wanted to mention RAFFEY at the pool bar, he was amazing!
The beach had quite a bit of seaweed but that's mainly because of the strong current, I had actually never seen Punta Cana's beach with waves like that and this was my 7th time there, but my first time going in October. Still enjoyed the beach none the less! The pool is where most of our time was spent, nice big pool with the bar, music always playing and animation team always had some entertaining activities.
All in all, it was a great vacation and I'm looking forward to returning very soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Thanks to our wonderful stay at the Princess resort, we will add Punta Cana as a destination for our yearly vacations. The resort is beautiful. Well laid out and huge, great if you are a walker and if you aren't, they have a tram running all day and evening.
Our accomodations were spacious and comfortable and I loved having a porch to relax, have a drink and just enjoy the scenery. We did upgrade so we had access to all 4 Princess resorts and I would do that again. It was very nice to be able to go up or down the beach and stop at the other resorts and be able to eat and drink there free.
Our suite was just steps from the beach and pool. Service was outstanding and everyone was very friendly and eager to help with any request.

Room Tip: go for the upgrade and your unit is steps from the beach.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This place was awesome. Good food. Good entertainment. And if you do upgrade for a few dollars more for the platinum it is worth it. They take good care of you. They had plenty of umbrellas but to get up front to ocean you have to get up early to get one. Even if you don't still got an umbrella. Rooms were very clean. Just a nice atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

First off the place was very afforable.. Got the honeymoon sweet, it is worth it with the free room service.. Place is very big, expect a lot of walking, rooms are located near beach (1-5 min walk), but are very far from the main lobby (which you will have to go to every day).. their are a few trollies going around to take you to the front and back, but they are always full so youll either have to wait about 5-10 mins every time or do the 15 minute walk to go up to the main lobby... lots of families with kids, so its not very private or romantic palce to go... if youre going with a family, great.. with your "mate", avoid it. The food is terrible! They have about 8 different restaruants that ALL SERVE THE SAME FOOD! I am not joking when I say that the food is the same in every restaraunt. Yeah, you might be able to find one or two good things to eat every night, but for the most part it is bad... not to mention thats its a "good-ol-buffet"; lets just say I'd rather eat a golden corral or pondarosa steak house, and i hate both of those places. The fruit is fresh, so that might be why people say the food was amazing, that and they have a lot of dessert. I've traveled to many foreign countries before and the food has been a lot better. Service is great there, but the drinks are so small, bring your own cup and just have them put the dirnks in their. Lots of drinks to choose from, but hardly any alcohol in all of the drinks. If you are trying to get drunk, drink beer. Rooms are decent sized, great daily cleaning, mini bar is horrible (two beers, a coke, one water, and a sprite; they will not give you any more) not much to do at night.. I saw a few reviews that said place had tons to do, dont know where these people were because they have one very small bar in the lobby that is open til about 1 or 2... casino is decent size, very cheap to gamble there, $1 US min to bet. The location is nice, beach was perfect, weather was great in june, beaches are clean and nice, plenty of seating on the beach, hard to find servers on the beach so expect to get up every 5 mintues to get a drink if you are trying to get drunk. Pool is awful, very crowded (reminded my of spring break in panama city mixed with disney world).

Room Tip: The rooms are the same everywhere, pay the extra for the honeymoon sweet (free roomserive is worth i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Belleville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Visited the Bavaro Princess from Oct. 5 to 12th. Got a great deal on this vacation and was really happy with my choice. I travelled with my 26 year old daughter who also enjoyed the vacation.
We arrived at the hotel prior to check in and our room was not ready - this is to be expected, the room was ready at 3 pm on the dot. Check in was smooth and due to it being low season our room was upgraded at no extra charge which I was thrilled with. I had emailed the hotel with a special request due to a medical issue and they were excellent at accomodating my request. I was very pleased.
Hotel is beautiful, from the time that you walk in the lobby you can tell that it is a 5 star. Lobby is beautiful. Our room was close to the beach which is quite a distance from the lobby we made use of the trolley to go back and forth to the lobby.

Resort is located about 30 minutes from the airport.

Rooms - the room (suite) was absolutely beautiful and beyond my expectations. Room was large, modern, offered a jucuzzi. living area and beautiful modern bathroom. There was a coffee maker in the room and fresh coffee supplies were left daily. Maid service was excellent room was always thoroughly cleaned and fresh upon our return.

Mini Bar - there was a mini bar in the room that was stocked daily with beer, water, sprite and coke in glass bottles, couldn't tell you the last time that I had a coke out of a glass bottle.

Pool - the main pool was large with a swim up bar. The entertainment team worked at this pool and were able to keep the crowd entertained.

Beach - beach was absolutely beautiful, the beach was long and you could walk forever both ways. Sand was powder white. There were a few days where there was quite a bit of seaweed in the water and other days where it was clear. The waves were always fun to play in. I really enjoyed the beach and ocean at this hotel.

Food - We ate at El Gaucho which was good, Taunki which we really enjoyed and we ate at the Bella Pasta twice. The buffet offered great selection including plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. The buffet on the beach was also excellent each day. We also visited McPrincess on the beach for great hamburgers, hot dogs and amazing fries.

All staff at the resort were extremely friendly and accomodating. I did tip however I didn't feel like the staff were expecting a tip.

As mentioned in other reviews there are many vendors on the beach daily. They were all very pleasant and when you said no they moved on. It was not uncommon to be asked many times a day to book exurcions or purchase merchandise.

On the last day of our vacation my daughter stepped on a piece of plastic pipe that was sticking out of the ground. The pipe went through her shoes and sliced her foot open. Please make sure that you have out of country medical insurance. The charge to have her foot cleaned up and looked at was $285. the doctor told her she needed stitches which meant a trip to the hospital. We were not able to go to the hospital as we would have missed our plane.

Overall it was a great trip and I really enjoyed this resort. I would love to have the opportunity to return,

Room Tip: We had the pleasure of staying in room 354 which was really close to the beach, pool and a-la-cartes...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here again in August for a second honeymoon, having got married here in 2005 and was really glad everything was as good as the first time and most noticeably the people that work there ...so friendly and hardworking its unbelievable so a really big thank you to all the staff for making this a memorable holiday again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple