My husband and I and 2 other couples stayed at this all inclusive resort. We are all experienced travelers, and were not happy in our experience there. The rooms were not very clean. Upon arriving I had to request the bedding be changed. The white bed spread was very dirty. Isn't that something that is changed with every new guest? It looked like a tire ran across it. The tiny bugs in the bathroom set me off my rocker. I had no coffee maker, no robes, no iron, all as promised in the room discription. Our friends room had a broken lock, and could not leave the room until it was fixed. The waste of a half a day. Our other friends were moved completely across the compex because their air conditioner did not work. Then their television did not work. The staff spoke English only when we had money in our hands. The bank teller was down right rude, and had a very bad attitude. I am sorry I am a tourist in your country and you are working while I am enjoying myself. You wouldn't have a job if this were not the case stupid! She ignored us and told the person who let her know we were waiting to "Let us wait". The bank opened at 9:00 and it was already 9:15. The food really was decent for an all inclusive, but any of the Reserveration Only restaurants were booked if you did not place your reservations the day you arrived. Fortunately our travel agent advised us of this and we did. The food and the drinks were pretty good. I am a very good cook (if I do say so myself) and a bit of a snob when it comes to restaurants. The steak at the steakhouse was fantastic, the lamb at El Romantico was great.
The seaside buffet was incredible. So many choices, and very fresh.
We all did, however, experience stomach problems towards the end of our trip. This did not even happen to any of us in Mexico. I don't think it was the food, I do think it was the water. Even though there is bottled water in the room, there is no sign saying not to even brush your teeth with it. It is four days since my return and I am still ill as are a few others. The only other thing I can add was that the excursions were very expensiveand limited to people in optimal health. One excursion that our friends went on was an hour and a half trip to a remote Dominican village. They were put on an unairconditioned bus, and then on a monster truck in 93 degree heat. No bathroom. (can be a problem). If there were airconditioning we would have gone. My husband is 52, asthmatic and I love him. I would not think of putting him through that as much as I wanted to go.
Horseback riding on the beach was very nice, but again you had to book the day you arrived. Alot of research is needed before going to any of these places. We have been to many all inclusives. This was our worst experience, and was supposed to be a 5 star hotel. Are they putting all their effort and work into the new Paradisis?
Better luck next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury Suites and an exclusive Garden Villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own Casino, an incredible Spa For Kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The Resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 Royal Service Suites and 4 Ambassador Oceanview Suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront Garden Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Melia, Priceline, Splendia, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort