“Wedding Bliss” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #23 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
“Wedding Bliss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I had an amazing wedding at the Paradisus Punta Cana.

Not only is the resort stunning and very clean but the staff is probably the friendliest around. We traveled with 30+ people and every single one of them had an amazing experience. The resort helped us coordinate group dinners at two of their fantastic restaurants. Edy was a wonderful server at the Grill. He always remembered our family and gave us fantastic service. We loved Julio, Wendy, Wilson and the rest of the Gabi beach bar staff. They always made us their best original cocktails. The food is truly fantastic. I have been to a few other all inclusives and the food was not nearly as good as this. Some of our favorites were Mole, La palapa, Vento, however we were happy at each restaurant that we visited.

We opted for Royal Service which was probably the best thing that we could do. We had a beautiful ocean front room, access to a royal service only restaurant, La Palapa, a private section of the beach, a private pool, a private lounge, and a butler. Boldomero Jose was our butler. He was wonderful. He made all of our dinner reservations for the week, arranged spa appointments, made sure we were having a good time, always have us great advice, and made sure that everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. He made it a point to see us everyday. He was our guy for everything that we needed. Not to mention the cell phone you get to your butler so that you can contact them at anytime, of course this came in handy on our wedding day. The staff at the royal service pool was wonderful! Venita made the best drinks at the sunset bar and Jerimius was our favorite waiter on the beach. These two were so friendly and truly did give wonderful serivce, I would say the only downfall to royal serivce is that people often just cut through the pool area to get to other parts of the resort. We were relaxing in one of the cabanas by the royal serivce pool when a child ran through and hit my husband in the head. It would be better if this area was blacked off a bit more. However other than that we do not have any complaints.

The resort has so many amenities. The gym is really nice and offers a lot of classes, there were always things to do. I loved that you could borrow bikes for three days to ride around the resort. This was so much fun. As I mentioned before restaurants were fantastic. The beach front at the Paradisus is by far the best of all the other resorts. Seaweed is cleaned daily and the crew works hard to make sure that the resort stays clean. The spa left a bit to be desired. We loved the actual spa it was very relaxing however, the service in the spa was lacking a bit. Employees spent a lot of time standing around chatting and laughing. They were not making conversation with the guests while completing their services but rather conversation with each other. I had my hair done for the wedding at the spa. I did not opt for the trial because it was $80 just for a trial run. My hair came out sloppy and I was not Impressed. I did not complain in order to save time because wit was close to wedding time.. Luckily my aunt is a hairdresser and was able to pull something together before the ceremony. I was very disappointed and wouldn't reccomend the spa for hair services. My husband and I got massages on the beach. The massage was a relaxing island massage.

Planning a wedding from a different country can be very hard but they made it easy. My romance planner Miguelina was fantastic. She made sure that every last detail was perfect. Not to mention extremely helpful and responsive when it came to communication. The decor team at Caribbean celebrations was amazing. I worked with Laura and she was very helpful. We went with Tropic One Photo Studio for our pictures. Lala comes highly recommended. She was so professional and took truly beautiful photos. I would certainly use her again.

Pros
Delicious food
Lots to do
Beautiful beach
Friendly staff
Unlimited room service
Cleanliness
Royal service

Cons
Spa service
Privacy of royal service

We recommend getting bikes, taking advantage of free scuba and snorkeling at the resort, eating at as many of the gourmet restaurants as possible, getting drinks from Julio at the Gabi Beach Bar, ordering included room serivce and champagne!

Room Tip: We loved the ocean front room in Royal service. We had a balcony right on the water, two Bali shower...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,047)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

What a great hotel and service. My husband and I went there for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved everything about the place. Clean, great food, friendly people, great service, beautiful beach, tons of activities going on all the time, great bartenders, I mean we have no complains at all. We were thinking of getting that service where you have someone dedicated to you all the time but we are glad we didn't because we didn't even need. If I go back to Punta Cana I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the beach area don't stay at the Reserve part because is not super cl...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We've been to to the Dominican Republic several times over the last 25 years, however this was our first visit to this resort, and our first Christmas somewhere warm. Our overall impression of the resort was positive, and we would definately consider going back. Having said that, there were a number of things that could be better. While the commute from the airport was quite short, check in took longer than expected as we were shuffled around amongst a few people and then had to wait in the lobby area before we could proceed to our rooms, even though it was a mid afternoon check in. During this time we were approached by one of the staff who booked a meeting for us to attend the next morning. Rather than an orientation, as were led to believe, we subsequently discovered the purpose was to sell us a time share. As such we chose not to attend and were a little put off by the deception, especially coming from a 5 star resort.

Reserving a la carte restaurants was also a challenge, and one that we've always encountered at similar resorts. Despite having emailed ahead requesting a specific restaurant for a birthday for one evening, this wasn't received or acknowledged. Through experience , we also knew to call as soon as we checked in for restaurant bookings, yet found either no availability at all or only times after 9:00 p.m. for the entire week. After escalating with a number of people over the next day or so, we were able to make a few 6:00 p.m. reservations, of which we were often one of only one or two tables seated in the entire restaurant. There was a Christmas Eve gala dinner which was very nice, with great food and a wonderful setting. Overall, the food was very good and the buffet area was not huge like some resorts, which made the experience more personal. The staff were also very attentive and friendly at both the buffets and the restaurants we went to.

Calls to the front desk often went unanswered, and then once connected it was often with a non-English speaking person. Perhaps many of the regular staff were away for Christmas holidays. Having said that, the staff were very friendly and always tried to help with any of our questions - genuinely nice people.

There was no problem getting chairs on the beach or by the pool, however for the highly desired locations, get there between 7:00-7:30 a.m. for best selection. The beach had a lot of seaweed, which is a seasonal issue this time of year throughout the area. It was piled up to a foot high and ten feet deep between the beach and the water. The other resorts along the beach seemed to remove the seaweed more promptly and efficiently. There were also no servers on the beach or in the pool area, other than for those guest upgrading to Royal Service.

There were activities but not as many as other resorts. We only went to a couple of evening shows and they were OK but not great.

The BEST part of the resort is the grounds,which are beautiful and very well maintained. The foliage is mature, and the setting was tranquil and private. Best we’ve seen. The complex is big but not huge like others we’ve been to. Our rooms were nice, clean, and quiet, however the wifi was unstable.

We've been to many, many resorts in the Caribean and Mexico over the years, and have come to accept that the issues we encounter are normal and generally to be expected. Overall they don't detract from our enjoyment of the setting, weather, water, and nice people. Based on our experience we would rate the Paradisus as a 4 star resort, though it is advertised as a 5 star, with 5 star pricing.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Recently spent a week in Paradisus, and in the beginning I was very impressed with the grounds and the welcome - lobby, but our room was pretty out of date, but not bad in any way! I visited rooms of friends I made while there and their rooms were very modern, and bright! Personally no need to stay in the Reserve section of this resort unless you have a family with small children as it is quiet, and the rooms are single level instead if a stair down living space.
Main pool is nice, and the beach is well maintained and groomed every morning!

As the headline of this email, the staff truly make this resort! If you have never traveled to DR or out of your home country, this resort is staffed by genuine, happy, kind and warm people. I have traveled to many different countries in the Caribbean, Mexico and South America and other Resorts in the Dominican Republic and this resort by FAR has a secret in their pockets... Amazing people who love their jobs and the guests who choose to stay there!

There were so many special people there but I have to mention the following people who made me and my mother feel like family while we were there!

Mole: Leidy Rodriguez - the best server we had regardless of the service - lunch or dinner she was always inviting and went over and above to make sure we were comfortable!

The Grill: Jeaquin Mella - amazing server as well! He was very conversational and made sure that we were enjoying ourselves, we re- booked 2 nights at this location. Food was amazing ( best Rib Eye although it was thin, it was cooked to perfection not only the first night, but the second time we went as well! Open kitchen - grill is nice so you can see the chefs in action and thank them for a great meal upon exiting!

Pool Bar - Juan Cruz & Rodofo Depena - best darn bartenders I have ever had on vacation!! They remember your drink, notice your presents and handle the busy pool bar very well. No waiting, and extremely kind! Clearly I spent a lot of time with these two!!

Activates Team: I do not have last names for everyone, but Victor, Renzo and Warlin were the life of the party! Always had fun things for us to do, and kept the music playing.. could change it up a bit, but regardless they are all wonderful! Oh and all the aqua- aerobics team kicked my butt all week! Wonderful... have you ever done a spin class in the pool! Try it, its so fun and challenging!

Julio Garcia- pool team! Great guy, and when he is not busy with his general duties he will grab a fresh coconut for you to enjoy pool side! Simply ask!

As you can tell, I made plenty of friends while I was there, all the food was amazing - in the restaurants for the most part.
The buffets were not bad, but could use more actual Dominican fair.

All in all, I would recommend this resort for ANYONE! Families, Kids ( great kids programs - babe disco nights) old or young, you will be pleased with the overall experience.

Only down falls are: Keys to the rooms are horrible! If your room is facing the little roads you will hear the golf trucks all night and the stock trucks, the rooms are not very sound proof. Also wifi is pretty hit and miss. We found our router in our room and re started it and would get service here and there but nothing consistent other than in the lobby and at the pool - but if you need to communicate you can.

Room Tip: See room comments above
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed there for 2 weeks and everything was just perfect. The beach, the rooms, the food were excellent! The most incradible and amazing thing in the resort were the еntertainment team - special thanks for making our vacation perfect to Jose, Noel, Javiera, Elica, David, Daniel ...and all the other from the team. Special thanks and for the staff in the Gabi bar and restaurant. Thank you so much! I hope I will come back here very soon!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Canora, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have always gone to Mexico and decided this year to try something new... We only booked a week as we have never been here before, regretful so now. We have had the most amazing week here! Met fantastic people from Jersey, luv them! But more so, we have been well taken care of in the past, but the staff and service that we have received this week is beyond words! Here we have our very own assigned butler (Hector)...... Absolutely amazing! He has met every need that we could ever ask for, from booking our dinners every nite, to leaving surprise after surprise in our room after a long day of sun and drinks. .Our service staff, now friends were also amazing..... Jose, Benita, matty and especially Pamela.... Fell in love with her! There are so many to mention.... Honestly not bad service from anyone in the resort. will be booking again for the next year because of the staff and services available.

Room Tip: We were in into 1.... Amazing right on the beach
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was the best vacation ever!!! The location was amazing. The beach was perfect with the service from our concierge as he was always there to make us smile and serve our drinks.
Staff was extremely friendly and the shows were absolutely amazing. There was always something to do If you wanted too or you had the option to relax.
The food was amazing.
For royal service customers only (I stayed in) a great place to eat is Lapalapa. Highly recommend it.
Now to save the best for last I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Hector as your butler for RS as he made sure all reservations were in place for the week from day one as well as my excursions. Hector was always checking on me to make sure I was happy and all my needs were met. He went over and beyond for leaving little treats in our rooms like dessert trays. I highly recommend Paradisus Punta Cana for your next vacation and everyone should at least try the Royal Service at least once because they make you feel like a queen.
I plan on coming back to this resort and will definitely be experiencing the RS again. I also will DEFINITELY request for HECTOR to be my butler!

• Stayed January 2015

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!