“My dream come true....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #18 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“My dream come true....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

For the first time ever I finally had the opportunity to visit another country. For 6 days, along with my husband, 3 children, and a few close friends, we were able to enjoy a journey of a lifetime. The Paradisus and their more than accommodating staff were amazing. I wanted to specifically name Miki D Leon, Ana Lenny Castillo, and Juan Gomez. They truly left a piece of their hearts with not only myself, but my family as well. The food, amazing. The night-life, shows, and lobby partying, unbelievable! Working hard each and everyday warrants time for R&R. This is the place to be. The Ambiance was genuinely something everyone must experience. We are definitely returning. Thanks Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, DR for making my dream come true, and to my husband Carlo and children Lenny, Carece and Nick for sharing it with me. XO

Room Tip: No need to upgrade your suite, the base grade is perfect!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Michelle,

Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination.

We really much appreciate your kind words, it is great to learn that Miki De Leon and Ana Lenny were able to exceed your expectations, we are proud of their committed and passionate labor and it give us a great joy to know that your stay with your family was nothing less than a Very Relaxing experience.

It has been a privilege for us to have served you.

Have a great rest of the week,

Eduardo Perera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,203)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Visited DR for the first time and could not have picked a better place. Ana and Miki as well as the rest of the staff treated us like royalty. The beach was incredible as was the pool area. Bana Restaurant is a must go! We did attend an excursion with Punta Cana Sailing. I would highly recommend asking specifically for them. Eddie was our Captain and truly was the icing on the cake of a great week. Only bad part of the trip was having to leave. Nighty entertainment was very good and the whole staff was so much fun even after the shows ended. Another shout out to Ana and Miki who were truly incredible hosts and really captured a piece of ours hearts.

We will return!!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

just got back from a 5 night stay vacation at Paradisus Punta Cana. It was wonderful. it was our first time at this resort and I can say we will return we usually visit D.R. every 2 years or so and previously stayed at the Barceló bavaro resorts and this is a definite improvement. the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly the restaurants are excellent, delicious food,although I could've eaten at buffets the whole time, Nestor was our server several times and he was extremely attentive. try an omelet made by Anjelis Gonzalez and you will be spoiled for life. my son and nephew 11 & 12 had a great time, there is a lot for the kids to do and the entertainment team is terrific, they got friendly with Maykal who was awesome as well with activities on the beach. the bar at Gabi beach was a lot of fun, the bartenders there, especially Yael and Julio were very friendly and fun. honestly didn't meet one person on the staff who wasn't welcoming, and ready with a smile and greeting. I would definitely recommend this resort to friends and family and as I said looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: villas 17 through 20 are far from check in lobby but close to beach and pool and restaurants and spa...
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your warm words with us. Receive a warm greeting from Paradisus Punta Cana.

We are so glad to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you had the most fantastic family vacation; thank you very much for sharing your appreciation to our team, especially to Nestor, Anjelis Gonzalez, Maykol, Yael and Julio. It makes us proud to know that they provided you the kindest and nicest services and as you said, we are hardworking people and we only wish for you to have the most memorable experience.

Once again thank you, we really cherish your warm words and we hope to welcome you back in a near future!

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit.

Furlong, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This is our second trip to Paradisus. This time we got the Royal Service with Butler service. The Royal Service junior suite is pretty much the same as the standard junior suite except you get a jacuzzi on the balcony. Also, the Royal Service room is laid out a little different. There is not much room to put your clothes away as there is no dresser. There is a place to hang your clothes, but the doors were not working very well. We did have a few problems with our room checking in. The closet doors did not slide, the mini fridge and coffee pot did not work as well as the jets on the jacuzzi. We called for maintenance and they fixed all of these issues right away.

We love the feel of this resort. The lobby areas, grounds, beach are absolutely beautiful. We think the service is exceptional. Both trips the people were very friendly and accommodating.

Since we were here before, we knew about the sales pitch for melia and declined the gifts and breakfast. We did not want to waste one minute of our vacation since we knew we were not interested in joining the club melia.

The food was good. With the Royal Service you have access to one more restaurant La Palapa. The food at this restaurant was excellent.

Our butler was Johan and he made all of our reservations. We had excellent seats! Also, he made reservations for us to take a catamaran out. He was great.

I also want to give a shout out to Noel. he was the instructor at the pool for water aerobics and also let us know what events were happening.

One thing I can say is that sometimes there are events happening that you are not aware of. I think they should publish what these events are to let everyone know. For instance one night there was a BBQ on the beach. We were not made aware of this and didn't notice until after we had already eaten dinner.

Overall I very much recommend this resort.

We took two excursions. I highly recommend Doctor Fish. It was very well organized and very relaxing.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We attended a wedding here in May, and I have to say it was an awesome experience. The hotel was beautiful and the staff could not have been more friendly. There was not one time that I saw a staff member that I didn't receive a friendly smile and greeting. The food was delicious...I could have just eaten at the buffets and still been extremely happy. Our server Emilio out by the pool was very attentive and entertaining.
I really enjoyed the beautiful shaded beds out on the beach. I can't have too much direct sun so this made my beach experience extremely pleasant.
For the wedding, I had my hair done up at the spa and have to say that although I was a little nervous, Juana talked me through the entire thing and made me feel very comfortable. She really listened to what I wanted, and I have to say, she can do magic! I loved it!
The one thing I would say is that the wifi is pretty spotty, so if you go with a group, know that you can't always count on reaching them immediately.
Also, make sure you have plenty of sunblock as it is very expensive at their store and plenty of $1 bills to tip the staff!
I would definitely recommend this resort and hope to come back and bring my kids someday.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Alyssa,

Receive a warm greeting from Paradisus Punta Cana resort, fills us of happiness to receive your recognition words. Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

I am very glad to know that our team ensured to make everything possible for you as you deserve, I have no doubt that they were extremely helpful with you and went out of their ways to make you enjoy of everything we offer.

I will personally congratulate Juana at our YHI Spa for her professionalism and charisma.
Regarding the Wi-Fi connection, I would like to apologize as it is not usual in our services. Let me inform you that we have been already working on that, we appreciate your recommendation.

¡We sincerely love our guest’s comments!

Regards,

Folcroft, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Nice resort, very beautiful scenery, and friendly staff, but being in a Royal Service room should automatically come with the Royal Service services. We got NONE of it. Very disappointing to find this out AFTER we checked in and got ready to jump in the pool.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Jamal,

Thank you very much for transmitting us your observations. There is nothing more important for us than our guest’s satisfaction.

Let me firstly apologize for the inconveniences that you might encounter during your stay with us. We truly lament the misunderstanding of your room assignment , as you were upgraded as a goodwill from our part to a Royal Service category room, however let me kindly inform you that for you to have access to the exclusive facilities of this area you would’ve have to pay an extra cost.

I completely understand the misunderstanding occurred, nonetheless this information was clearly explained to you at the moment of the check in process.

We hope this does not deter you from recommending us and to give us a second opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel and change your perception.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Best regards,

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My husband and I went for 6 days and loved it! We found it easiest to take a taxi to/from the airport. $35 each way (gave $40 to include tip). Upon arrival we were quickly taken care of and transported to our Royal Service check-in. I would definitely recommend doing Royal Service if you are not traveling with children. A few RS perks: adults only!; an amazing RS only pool with bali style beds...great music and pool bar; your own beach area; your own butler (Johan was AMAZING!!!) the butler makes all of your dining and resort reservations. You actually are given a cell phone so you can call your butler when you need to; the RS lounge...premium drinks are arranged and you can go in and pour yourself anything you want all day long! Plus they have lite fare that changes every 2 hours; lastly RS has their own restaurant La Palapa where you don't need reservations (although other hotel guests do). The breakfast was not impressive but the dinner was nice and it has a great ambiance in the evening. The risotto appetizer and lobster tail entrée was delicious.

The rooms were very nice and the bed was comfortable. Towels were scratchy and not soft like I would expect for a deluxe experience. We had a great double shower which made getting ready much quicker. Housekeeping did not service our room the last 2 days so if you are not out of your room by 9am you may not get a full service for your room. We would leave around 10:30 and they were gone.

The food was wonderful! The Gabi buffet was really good...had a great ceviche bar at night. We didn't try many of the ala carte restaurants since the buffets were so good and had so much variety!

The beach is wonderful!!! You can go right into the ocean and swim. Beautiful soft white sand and turquoise water. RS also has wait service coming around taking drink orders. They cannot bring you food but you can go to either Gabi or Nao and ask for to-go plates. You can bring that to the pool or beach if you choose.

If you are a fitness person, the gym is very nice. We went there everyday. Everything you need while you are away.

We didn't get spa services so I cannot comment on the spa.

Room Tip: Quieter if you are away from the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!