This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic and we decided to use this resort as a friend had stayed there on their honeymoon and loved it. We were very happy that we did. My friend used the Royal Service option, so we did the same. Our butler, Jeffry, was very friendly and nice. We don't speak spanish but there was no issue as he was very easy to talk to. We were given a personal cell phone that we could use to get in touch with him, which was very helpful. If for some reason he was not able to answer, he was very good about calling us back quickly. The check in process was easy, the staff when we arrived was very nice.
Room: The room was very nice with a huuuge bed. They combined two beds but you couldn't even tell when sleeping on it. It was air conditioned and we had no issue sleeping. If we were in the room around four or five in the afternoon, housekeeping would knock and make sure that we had enough waters and towels in the room which was nice.
Beach: The beach is here absolutely beautiful. The water is clean and the sand is perfect. There are lots chairs and beds you can use. Every twenty minutes or so someone would come by and get a drink order. He was very nice and helpful. He would usually return with the drink within ten to fifteen minutes, no big deal because he was taking lots of orders.
Food: The food was good, not great in our opinion. There are lots of options, however they do tend to fill up quickly. We were told this when we arrived to book a few days in advance. We were able to try all of the restaurants and we liked them all. The menu's are not large, but the food we did order was very good. A quick tip, the meat is a little undercooked. If you like your meat cooked medium, order medium well and you will be good to go. The buffet food is pretty good, they can just get a little crowded depending on what time you go.
Bars: We stayed near by the Gabi Beach bar so that is where we were at most nights. The bar staff there was awesome. Julio and Yael were there every night, and they made sure that we had a good time. They were very quick and made great drinks. They were also very funny and great to talk to. They were the main reason we didn't try the other bars in the resort and made us feel right at home!
Overall we had a great trip and we had a great honeymoon. One more thing, my wife is Colombian and I am Mexican, however we are both third generation but we both look like we speak Spanish. Everyone at this resort is Dominican and many don't speak good English. They all thought we spoke it. We simply told them we didn't speak it, and we were fine. They all gave a great effort to communicate and we very much appreciated it. The staff is extremely friendly, all you have to do is smile. Lastly, it is an all inclusive resort, but a little tip here and there goes a long way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury Suites and an exclusive Garden Villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own Casino, an incredible Spa For Kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The Resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 Royal Service Suites and 4 Ambassador Oceanview Suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront Garden Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Amex, Melia, Priceline, Splendia, Orbitz, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort