“Honeymoon stay/Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #19 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Torrance, California
“Honeymoon stay/Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic and we decided to use this resort as a friend had stayed there on their honeymoon and loved it. We were very happy that we did. My friend used the Royal Service option, so we did the same. Our butler, Jeffry, was very friendly and nice. We don't speak spanish but there was no issue as he was very easy to talk to. We were given a personal cell phone that we could use to get in touch with him, which was very helpful. If for some reason he was not able to answer, he was very good about calling us back quickly. The check in process was easy, the staff when we arrived was very nice.

Room: The room was very nice with a huuuge bed. They combined two beds but you couldn't even tell when sleeping on it. It was air conditioned and we had no issue sleeping. If we were in the room around four or five in the afternoon, housekeeping would knock and make sure that we had enough waters and towels in the room which was nice.

Beach: The beach is here absolutely beautiful. The water is clean and the sand is perfect. There are lots chairs and beds you can use. Every twenty minutes or so someone would come by and get a drink order. He was very nice and helpful. He would usually return with the drink within ten to fifteen minutes, no big deal because he was taking lots of orders.

Food: The food was good, not great in our opinion. There are lots of options, however they do tend to fill up quickly. We were told this when we arrived to book a few days in advance. We were able to try all of the restaurants and we liked them all. The menu's are not large, but the food we did order was very good. A quick tip, the meat is a little undercooked. If you like your meat cooked medium, order medium well and you will be good to go. The buffet food is pretty good, they can just get a little crowded depending on what time you go.

Bars: We stayed near by the Gabi Beach bar so that is where we were at most nights. The bar staff there was awesome. Julio and Yael were there every night, and they made sure that we had a good time. They were very quick and made great drinks. They were also very funny and great to talk to. They were the main reason we didn't try the other bars in the resort and made us feel right at home!

Overall we had a great trip and we had a great honeymoon. One more thing, my wife is Colombian and I am Mexican, however we are both third generation but we both look like we speak Spanish. Everyone at this resort is Dominican and many don't speak good English. They all thought we spoke it. We simply told them we didn't speak it, and we were fine. They all gave a great effort to communicate and we very much appreciated it. The staff is extremely friendly, all you have to do is smile. Lastly, it is an all inclusive resort, but a little tip here and there goes a long way.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Drake,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, is has been a pleasure for us to have you on vacation at our hotel.

Your words are definitely our best gift and the best feeling to know that we exceeded your expectations with our services and accommodation.

Our team put their biggest effort to get to serve our guests as they deserve, smile at the moment of serving, providing the warmest treatment, truly feeling passion for what they do.

I will personally congratulate all of them for being capable of create the great honeymoon you had at our property, specially your butler Jeffry.

I can assure you that we will make of your next stay an unforgettable one.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,201)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We have just returned from a week long stay at The Paradisus Punta Cana. My family was so excited to go as this was our first international family trip. I am so sorry we chose this resort. This was the worst resort I have ever visited and the customer service is horrible and non existent.

CHECK IN: Check in was easy and quick at first. Until they took us to the lobby and advised us that only one of the rooms was ready at the time. We got to the resort around 2pm. Two weeks before arriving we requested one room with a king bed and the second room with two double beds and on the second floor not on the ground floor. This is where our NIGHTMARE begins. We were told we could take a shuttle to our rooms but only one was ready and we could stay there and they would bring the key to the second room to us shortly. Once taken by shuttle we realized they gave us a room on the ground floor. We figured maybe would could grab a bite to eat but of course all restaurants were fully booked. We ordered room service which was horrible and cold and they did not provide us with enough silverware although we ordered five meals. Around 6pm we still hadn't received our room key to the second room. After numerous calls to the front desk and the operator (no one ever picks up the phones) and one asking us if we wanted to file a report when I asked to speak to a manager we decided to make the 20 minute walk to the lobby (we never encountered a shuttle on our walk to the lobby). Once there we were brushed off and had to wait 30 minutes before they could locate a manager to speak with us. At 8pm we were finally given a room key to a room that wasn't what we booked. We had to make the trek back to the lobby were they appeared to think nothing was wrong and it was normal for people to have to wait 5 hours to check in to their room. I finally meet with a manager who tried to calm me down and claim I was overreacting. By 10 pm we still hadn't eaten and still had no room. What a wonderful first impression and first day. As we were trying to get moved to another resort, the manager offered to upgrade our rooms, we decided to view the rooms and at least stay the night because we were so exhausted and didn't want to move to another resort so late at night. The manager assured us the stay would get better what a lie!!!! He gave us lots of false promises because even with the new rooms we encountered numerous problems. There was cockroaches and ants in our room.

ROOM SERVICE: Room service was hit or miss. Even if you order the same thing twice in one day-it never comes the same. The food always arrived cold and the minimum wait was always an hour or more. The menu is limited and never changes. There is was not a kids menu.

Also make sure you make your restaurant reservations as soon as you arrive as ever restaurant was fully booked during our stay. They told me on Sunday to call back on Monday when the books open I called at 10am that Monday and everything was booked. We were forced to eat at the horrible buffets most nights. This resort has the smallest buffet I have ever see at any resort I have stayed at.

FOOD: The food was horrible ands disgusting at most places and a lot of the meats were undercooked.We are not picky eaters, but the food was terrible. The Gabi buffet is very small compared to other buffets. The buffets and restaurants are not child friendly and they have no kids menus anywhere. Most of the restaurants are outdoors and have no air conditioning they are hot and the mosquitos have a feast while you are sitting there.

POOL: Get there early if you want a chair or even towels many days they rain out of towels before noon. You could sit there or even by the pool for hours without someone coming by and taking your drink order I usually just walked over to the bar and got my own drink and potato chips which were scare and its was like they didn't want to give them to you. It was often hard to get a drink at the swim-up bar or even a Spanish speaking person came up the bartenders would help them first they return to me and ask me to repeat my order. They often acted they didn't see you and were slow to wait on you even when they weren't busy. The waitstaff often would be preoccupied chatting up and flirting girls-while ignoring me as I sat and waited for my drink or for my order to be taken.

KIDSZONE- Lacking and disappointing not much for the children to do.The staff were less than friendly and they had difficulty communicating with non-Spanish speaking children my daughter could not understand the game instructions which when given in English was very confusing.
We would not feel comfortable leaving our child here. they often weren't attentive with children in the water and placed items for the kids to find which sank to the floor of the pool meaning kids would have to dive under the water for the treasure hunt game. Very UNSAFE for young children. Also they was no lifeguard at the Kidzone pool or any of the pools and beaches for that matter and when my husband asked the manager about the he never gave a response as to why they don't have lifeguards at Kidzone or any of the pools.

BEACH-The water is beautiful but there are many seaweeds.

TRAM/Shuttle Service: the shuttle is very unreliable and doesn't run frequently enough most of the night time activity takes place in the lobby but when you are ready to return to your room you are waiting a minimum of 30 minutes for shuttle service back to your room and when it is full you are forced to wait another 20-30 minutes for the next tram. They will actually drive right by you if you flag them down or tell you they are going to pick up passengers or going in the opposite direction of where you want to go and leave you to wait. You can spend a lot of time at the bus stops waiting to be picked up. My room key didn't work one night and I saw a tram coming stopped him (as I stood there with my 5 year old) asked him if he could take me to the lobby to get my key fixed and he told me no he couldn't take me as he was going to the restaurants I was shocked and flabbergasted. I waited and finally spotted a security guard on his bike who stopped to help me.

WAITSTAFF was inconsistent at Gabi beach they would pour you a glass of water and never return I would have to get up and find my own ketchup, napkins and utensils.

Wi-Fi was not dependable and non existent except in Gabi beach and Noas.
No free calls to US/Canada.

Overall, we hated this resort and was very disappointed. We stayed at Majestic Elegance 4 years ago and had a much better time. I realize that different people have different expectations and standards but this place is horrible and they should train there staff on better customer service skills all guests should be treated equally. Spanish speakers should not be given preference and the staff should give you attitude when they are unable to understand you.

I would not recommend anyone to stay at this resort. I wish I could get my money back and have actually called expedia and my great card company to pursue my options to do so.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic. My husband and I planned to renew our vows there on our 10th anniversary and we did! This wad paradise. We had 16 guest who joined us and we all agreed. It was heavenly. The food was fantastic, and the staff was great. Beatriz coordinated our ceremony and it was BEAUTIFUL. We booked a Royal Service Room which cones with a butler. Our butter 's name was Candida, Candi for short. She was great, she made our stay even more wonderful by suggesting things, naming reservations and surprising my husband bad I with candlelight , rose petals, champagne and flowers in our room when we returned from our ceremony. We also had a wonderful experience with Jackson and Judy... We ran into them a lot. The service and friendliness of all the staff was amazing and second to none. Our trip dates were 7/30/2014 to 8/6/2014. We are all already planning a return trip for 2015.

Room Tip: We loved the beach view but a few of our family chose the garden view rooms. It just depends on you...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear Lakesha,

Sunny Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for selecting us as you holiday destination.

Thank you for trusting us to host such an especial occasion as it is your anniversary, it was a complete honor for us to serve you and provide you an absolutely amazing stay.

We will congratulate our team for making your vacation a top notch experience, especially to Beatriz and Candida for their professionalism and always showing the passion and commitment for what we do.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to celebrate your upcoming anniversaries.

Best Regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The hotel and pool were great! The service offered by the buffet staff at Gaby Beach was awesome. Martires one of the most familiar faces there was always great with our family especially offering to go out of his way to find something appetizing for my daughter when she didn't feel well.
Room service was great as well! Seneida paid attention to every detail and always greeted us with a smile! She had three of the seven rooms our family had booked during our stay and each room stayed impeccable thanks to her (even with 4 kids using them).
The bar staff was very pleasant especially Rafael and Juan at the pool bar. They took care of so many of us with a smile every time.

The two downsides were the reception both checking in and out, and the wifi in the rooms.The process of checking in and out was tedious and staff was not as courteous as you'd expect for the money spent! The wifi in the rooms went down and when I called to ask they told me to reset the modem but that didn't work. Overall these two things prevent me from giving this resort 5 stars.

Martires y Seneida gracias por hacer que nuestra estadia valiera la pena aun con los incovenientes en el check in! Los felicito a ambos por que personifican lo que es en realidad tener excelente servicio al cliente! Un millon de gracias!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Receive warm Greetings Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for taking from your time to share your comments with us.

Let us begging be telling you how much we lament the fact that we couldn’t exceed your expectations with some of our facilities, you can be sure that your comments and concerns are already in the hands of our head departments, in order to improve ourselves and have the certainty that this situation does not repeat again to any other of our guests.

In the other hand, we are fully glad to know that you were able to enjoy of our accommodations and great treatment. We will extend your gratitude to Seneida, Rafael, Juan, Martires & Seneida and congratulate them for the great service provided and for always show the commitment and passion for what we do.

Thanks for have chosen us.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Loved this place so much!!!!!. Customer service was outstanding. I just can speak for my experience and I can not thank enough all the hard working people of the resort that made my experience one of a kind!!! I need to special Thank Lupe Cabrera at the Restaurant Grill For her great job!!! ***** 5 estrellas para ti Lupe!!

Room Tip: please bring mosquito spray!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Warmest greeting Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination.

We really much appreciate your kind words, it is great to learn that Lupe Cabrera was able to exceed your expectations, we are proud of her committed and passionate labor and it give us a great joy to know that your vacation was nothing less than a Very Relaxing experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to hear from you.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Me and my family went to Paradisus for a week at the end of July to celebrate my father's 50th birthday. After our travel agent highly recommending the hotel we decided to trust her words and book it. Me and my family are beyond glad that we did as we had an amazing and unforgettable trip. The service all over the resort was great, and the staff was beyond nice. Rafael Diaz, Rubben Castillo, Anna, and Maykol Reyes made my stay at the Paradisus so much more special for me. They were all so friendly and warm with me. They made sure that I was constantly having a good time and did everything possible to make my stay at the Paradisus perfect. My whole family enjoyed their great personalities and admired their hard work ethics. They all went that extra mile to make sure that me and my family were happy and enjoying ourselves. I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to meet these people who have truly positively impacted my life in such a nice way. Big thank you to them and all of the staff for making my week unforgettable for me and my family.

Stayed July 2014
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Receive the sunniest greeting from Paradisus Punta Cana; it is definitely a great honor for us to receive your kind words.

I would like to deeply thank you for sharing with the rest of the world your experience on this unforgettable trip that you just had to our hotel.

When we receive comments as yours, we empower ourselves to keep providing our guests the highest services and the custom warm treatment we offer to all our visitors. I am truly proud of our team; I will congratulate them all for such a great job done. Especially to Rafael Diaz, Ruben Castillo, Anna, and Maykol Reyes for pampered you and make you feel like family.

We will be waiting for your return with our arms wide open.

Kind regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Paradisus was an amazing resort. I am 100% satisfied. I would definitely come back here. The employees were extremely nice. Patricia Gonzalez the host of Gabi Beach made our experience even better she went out her way to make sure we took advantage of each restaurant. She walked us to the restaurant since we did not know where it was at, and she did reservations for us at Mole since we were not able to make it ourselves. She made sure we did make it. She was very friendly and kind. That is what you call 100% customer service. I loved this place so much and I highly recommend it. Every memory I have here is completely positive. All the restaurants were delicious and there is so much entertainment. Not only is it a beautiful resort but great customer service as well which makes your vacation experience even better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Brisi,

Thank you for sharing your comment with us; it has been a privilege to have been chosen by you as your vacation destination.

It is always a pleasure to host our guest and have the opportunity of recreating a memorable experience for them; this is why we are so happy knowing that we were able to exceed your expectations and that during your family vacation you had a perfect experience.

Thank you for showing your gratitude to our team, especially to Patricia Gonzalez. We feel truly fortunate having associate with such commitment and professionalism. We will gladly congratulate her!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future; please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit.

General Manager.

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!