“Nice vacation spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro | Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to $1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #26 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
“Nice vacation spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just got back from DR. I really enjoy my vacation, the staff at paradisus punta cana were very friendly and ready to assist you. I stayed in the vip section it was right nice close to the beach and everything else. I would like to give a special thanks to the staff of GABI Restaurant. Specially the hostess ( Maileni Dias), Raismery Wondo and the manager Martirez Acosta. ..the food was excellent. ..I will come back anytime to that hotel ...You guys rock! !

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

4,655 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (879)
Rutherford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I went to Paradisus Punta Cana July 19-26 and we were welcomed with smiling faces and a complimentary drink. The resort and the staff was amazing! Claribel made all of our reservations (which I recommend you do early because the restaurants gets packed quick). The Mexican restaurant Mole was my absolute favorite but overall the food was good for an all inclusive! Every employee would smile and say hello and willing to help at any time. The resort had something for everyone if you want a more quiet vacation Royal Service is the way to go. They had a private pool and a beach section that is quiet and no children allowed. If you want to party and have a good time then the main pool and beach is where to be. The main pool had some amazing bartenders and the bar gets packed Juan Bautista and Wendy were amazing and EXTREMELY attentive they served everyone with a smile on their face. However, Juan Cruz was very dismissive and VERY RUDE to a lot of us. Almost EVERYONE was complaining about him at the pool. I asked him to put more rum in my drink and he looked at me and walked away. I would ask for a drink and he would walk away and not serve me at times. So, from that point on I would wait for Juan Bautista or Wendy to be available. If management reads this you should consider moving Juan Cruz to a position where he does not need to associate with the costumers.

Ramon and Louis at the Reserve beach were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! They were very attentive and served us with a smile on their face and were always joking around making us laugh. They reserved our day beds every morning and knew exactly how I liked my drinks. The beach at Paradisus was definitely the cleanest. My husband and I went running on the beach and we saw plenty of resort fronts and Paradisus has a machine to try to pick up a lot of the seaweed where other resorts did not pick it up or had people doing it manually so there was not much seaweed in the ocean.

The bartender Danny at Gabi Beach and the lobby was hysterical! He was so fun and really got the party started. You must see him!

The shows were great and they had a band in the lobby where the employees got everyone watching on the dance floor and the workers were dance with you. The club was very good (all age groups went) again where the entertainment employees were dancing and mingling with us.

My husband and I are already planning to go back! Thank you to all the employees there (except Juan Cruz) because they were all so helpful and were the ones that made our trip so enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ponce, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great family hotel. The staff really tries to make sure your stay is a wonderful experience. The rooms are clean and the food top notch. My thanks to Gregorio Guillen, who treated us like family, his sense of humor and patiences in taking our 8 family members was commendable. Everyday making sure we had a table to sit together and that we were satisfy with the food and service, even if he was not our waiter. At night, the shows nice and involved the guest. My only complaint is, I wished I had book for a week!! Next time I'm sure I will do so.

Punta Cana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We are a family of 4 with teen agers. Everyone was so impressed by this resort. Food was excellent. Rooms were superior. Beds extremely comfortable. Grounds were beautiful. Staff is extremely friendly and attentive. It was not crowded while we were there. We stayed in The Reserve section, but the entire hotel was not too crowded. We never had to wait for dinner. The resort is large, but not too large, very manageable. Highly recommend !

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Our entire family traveled this year, and we stayed at the Reserve section of the hotel this time in a beautiful 2 bedroom Master Suite. This part of the hotel was more family oriented and truly more reserved and peaceful.

We were very happy to see and recognize many staff members from our previous visit. None stood out more than the manager at the Gabi Beach Club, Matires Acosta, who treated us better than family. Matires went above and beyond to set up 2 very special and memorable family dinners with the help of chef Daniel Diaz and his staff. Similarly, the manager at El Fuego, Ramon Santana, went out of his way to give our daughter an amazing sweet 16 birthday dinner with balloon decorations. Another outstanding individual worth mentioning at El Fuego is the lovely Elida Santos, whose hard work, diligence, and incredible organizational skills as the hostess always kept things running very smoothly and greatly contributed to our overall enjoyment of the trip. Rafael Rodriguez became our personal trainer at the YHI Gym, which became a central reason for us continuing to exercise there almost everyday throughout our stay - all because of the attention that he committed to giving our family. Juan Gomez was the funniest bartender at the Gabi Club and his personality and kindness led to us actively searching for and following him to any bar on the property he was assigned to. I have and will continue to recommend this hotel to friends and family. You will not be disappointed if you stay at Paradisus Punta Cana.

I must also tell you about the excellent service provided by: Fuego servers: Ofina & Geronimo; Gabi Club bartenders: Porfico Casado, Rodolfo De Pena; Gabi Club Reserve manager: Teurys Feliz Rubio; Gabi Club server: Arronis, and our maid: Diana Carolina Ramirez. I know I missed a few others that made our stay more than exceptional and I offer them my deepest apologies.
We have already begun to save every last dollar for our next trip to this incredible resort. The outstanding, genuine, and attentive staff is one of the main reasons that we will continue to enjoy and rate this hotel higher than all of the others. Thank you all for the wonderful memories and we can't wait to return!!!

Until next time,

The Sotomayor Family

Room Tip: The reserve is a much quieter and more tranquil alternative to the regular Paradisus rooms. We staye...
Clifton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The resort is beautiful and the food was really good-loved the coffee too. Make your dinner reservations early as the restaurants book quickly if you have a party of 5
We were not happy with our rooms, we booked 2 standard junior suites, had ants in both rooms, AC in one room didn't work well and the patio door did not lock, after asking several times we were eventually transferred to luxury junior suites and everything was fine.
We traveled with three boys ages 11,13,and 19-they were treated like royalty by the staff. Caeser (called himself Dwayne Lebron!) played basketball with my son almost everyday on the beach, something my son looked forward to each day. Pedro at the adventure park was really great with the kids too. Ronny at the excursion desk was helpful, and always had something nice to say. Eduardo Caminaeoro at North Avenue bar hooked us up with drinks each night, the kids loved going there just to talk to him. The gardeners always smiled at us walking by, and brought the kids fresh coconuts from the trees. I really can't say enough nice things about the staff here! Danny Romero and Wendy Diaz always had a smile and high fives ready for our kids when we came down to the Gabi Beach bar each afternoon. My son lost a necklace in the sand and Gabriel Uribe helped him look for it, and checked back each day to see if he found it-he found it three days later! I took down names on the last day of our stay because I really felt they deserved some recognition-it is the staff that makes this place so great. I know they say tipping is optional-but please tip, they deserve it-a few dollars is always appreciated.
We went on the Caribbean festival excursion-swam with nurse sharks and played with stingrays, it was a great excursion.
We would highly recommend this resort, beach was clean, plenty of places to relax, the landscaping here is amazing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Michele,

Receive a sunny greeting from Paradisus Punta Cana, it is definitely a pleasure for us to receive our guests comments!

Let me first of all extend our official apologies for any inconvenience you had at the room assigned to you at the beginning as it does not show up our high service standards, however it makes us feel proud to know that our team did everything possible to accommodate you and make the best of your stay treating you as you deserve.

We appreciate you valuable words toward our services and enthusiasm, it empower us to keep providing our guests the kind service our visitors request and deserve.

To count on your preference makes us feel special, thanks for have chosen us.

Best regards,

Eduardo Perera
General Manager.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

we went there for 10 days with my family there were 9 of us., rooms area great food excellent service was great too specially Paula she took great care of us she was very nice and helpful. our room was always clean.,she made our stay feel great we hope to see her again when we comeback

Dear Nicil,

Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for having chosen us as your holiday destination.

We are so glad to know that you had a wonderful vacation! It makes us feel extremely happy that our team was able to exceed your expectations and make you live the Pure Freedom experience to Just Be. We will congratulate our heads departments, for always encourage their teams into working with passion and commitment; it is because of them that we are able to deliver an unforgettable and memorable experience to our guests. Specially Paula.

Nicil, once again thank you for your warm word and gratitude, we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in a near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Eduardo Perera
General Manager.

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!