Two couples travelling to celebrate anniversaries.Neither couple had been to an all inclusive,so our expectations were kinda low. We went with the Royal Service. We were more than pleasantly surprised at how nice this resort really is in person!.
The grounds are beautiful, well kept, clean. The seating all over the resort, lobbies, common areas, even trolley stops are thoughtful and inviting! The photos almost don't do it justice. The beach is spectacular. Clean, plenty of comfortable seating - and thoughtfully laid out - shaded, sunny, large loungers, smaller lounges, chairs & even hammocks! there were planned activities throughout the day, and entertainment at night. We found you could do as little or as much as you wanted on any given day!
The rooms were as advertised/pictured, we were in nice rooms on the ground floor with a patio and our own Bali Bed. They were clean, comfortable and well stocked with all the amenities - including an umbrella! The housekeeping staff did a great job keeping us stocked up and rooms were made up daily while we were out enjoying the beach.
The food was great. We had reservations made for us at a different restaurant every night..which was great because four people then did not have to decide "what do you feel like tonight"..we just went. One restaurant was as good if not better than the next. Yes, we had our favorites (Aqua, Vento, Mole) - but they were all good!
Our absolute favorite meal of the day was breakfast at Lapalapa! The food was good...but the service was OUTSTANDING. Everyday cheerful, smiling and happy to help us in anyway was Maira, Cheila, Minoska and Quintino. We already miss their smiling faces and great sense of humor! This staff is EXCELLENTE! and the orange juice was awesome too! :)
Royal Service - from what I am told, the rooms are nicer when you elect this service. I don't have anything to compare it to - so I am not sure this is accurate or not. As two couples travelling, we loved having access to the Royal Service beach, pool, lounge and La Palapa restaurant. We also had a butler, but other than making dinner reservations for the week - we did not see a great deal of value here. We asked him for a few small things that took days to accomplish - like keeping the rooms stocked with ice, and then we stopped asking for things and figured it out on our own. Room service and Housekeeping were able to fulfill all our needs.
On the Royal Service Beach - this resort has one of their greatest assets, Matiel Reyes is a pleasant, smart and helpful young man. He was a bright spot everyday!
Tipping - yes, I know - tipping is included. I am aware that the service people are paid a salary and each get a small piece of that included gratuity. My husband and I generally tip to either insure prompt service, or show gratitude. We did both...we left a dollar or two per person for each meal @ breakfast & lunch, and usually 5 or so per person at dinner. Housekeeping we tipped on the first day, once in the middle and again at the end. At the bars and beach service - it was as needed...Call me crazy but 100-150 in tips is not allot considering the service.
All that said - a great time was had by all...and if/when we return to Punta Cana - there is no hesitation - we will only consider this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury Suites and an exclusive Garden Villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own Casino, an incredible Spa For Kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The Resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 Royal Service Suites and 4 Ambassador Oceanview Suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront Garden Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Venere, Melia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort