Food: better than most resorts I've been to. Usually I end up leaving half the food on my plate but here I nearly always emptied my plate since the flavors were so good. Theme nights very well done. Although the buffets are quite small there is a lot of variety and the quality is good. Presentation was particularly impressive, something I would have only expected on special occasions. My main complaint is that the buffets were very small with poor traffic flow - getting food was an exercise in patience at busy hours. The buffets also seemed to have difficulty keeping the cold foods cold enough since only the buffet area was air-conditioned and the door was constantly being opened to the hot seating area.
Look: Beautiful large resort. Yes, there is lots of walking to be done but there are shuttles if you want to be lazy. The landscaping is incredible and well-maintained. The beach is clean with lots of lounge chairs. The pool was very large so never seemed crowded, however it felt quite dirty since people would leave their empty cups and plates on the pool edges, and things would sometimes fall in the pool. We were very impressed with our room, which was large, quiet and always kept very clean. We were on the first floor and we had our own personal garden and outdoor bed - no need for any upgrades!
Staff/activities: All of the staff were very friendly and attentive. I liked that they attempted to teach us Spanish. The bar service was a little slow at times, it seems that we would get ignored unless we had money in our hands. I would have liked to see more daytime activities, especially zumba. I tried to attend a pilates class but no one showed up. The yoga and beach aerobics instructors seemed bored. Luckily I kept busy body surfing in the ocean! The nightly shows were OK. I was disappointed by the "beach party" as the music was really not conducive to dancing. Luckily the 4th of July beach bash was a blast and probably the highlight of my trip.
Overall a very nice-looking resort with good food, probably more conducive to someone looking for a relaxing vacation than an active one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury Suites and an exclusive Garden Villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own Casino, an incredible Spa For Kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The Resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 Royal Service Suites and 4 Ambassador Oceanview Suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront Garden Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Amex, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort