“Meets expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro | Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to $1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #26 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Long Beach, California
“Meets expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Food: better than most resorts I've been to. Usually I end up leaving half the food on my plate but here I nearly always emptied my plate since the flavors were so good. Theme nights very well done. Although the buffets are quite small there is a lot of variety and the quality is good. Presentation was particularly impressive, something I would have only expected on special occasions. My main complaint is that the buffets were very small with poor traffic flow - getting food was an exercise in patience at busy hours. The buffets also seemed to have difficulty keeping the cold foods cold enough since only the buffet area was air-conditioned and the door was constantly being opened to the hot seating area.

Look: Beautiful large resort. Yes, there is lots of walking to be done but there are shuttles if you want to be lazy. The landscaping is incredible and well-maintained. The beach is clean with lots of lounge chairs. The pool was very large so never seemed crowded, however it felt quite dirty since people would leave their empty cups and plates on the pool edges, and things would sometimes fall in the pool. We were very impressed with our room, which was large, quiet and always kept very clean. We were on the first floor and we had our own personal garden and outdoor bed - no need for any upgrades!

Staff/activities: All of the staff were very friendly and attentive. I liked that they attempted to teach us Spanish. The bar service was a little slow at times, it seems that we would get ignored unless we had money in our hands. I would have liked to see more daytime activities, especially zumba. I tried to attend a pilates class but no one showed up. The yoga and beach aerobics instructors seemed bored. Luckily I kept busy body surfing in the ocean! The nightly shows were OK. I was disappointed by the "beach party" as the music was really not conducive to dancing. Luckily the 4th of July beach bash was a blast and probably the highlight of my trip.

Overall a very nice-looking resort with good food, probably more conducive to someone looking for a relaxing vacation than an active one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

4,571 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We decided to stay in this hotel for a week, we are a family of 4 with two girls (11-13). Since we arrived we were received by Leonardo who guided us to the reception where they explained all the included restaurants and the layout of the Hotel with all the amenities, the room was clean and big enough for all us us, the most remarkable area was the entertainment which we would like to make an special mention to Ana who really worked hard all the day everyday to ensure we were entertain "Thanks Ana", overall the entertainment team are really into their job..! well done. The food was good in general, On the management of Melia Club we would like to highlight the job made by Eduard de Leon who provided an excelent explanation of the Club Melia program.

Few lowlights for improvements:

- There should be frequency on the shuttles around the Hotel - the waiting could be long sometimes, specially after the activities.
- We suggest that the menu served at Naos and Gabi Beach should different one from another.
- An extra swimming pool could be a good plus for this Hotel.

To the Management, THANKS a LOT for the effort in making the that week a really enjoyable one..! we'll definitely come back.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room close to the Pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Family vacation was amazing. We travelled with kids ages 6, 11 and 13. Food delicious so many options. Resort pools are nice, very big you never feel crowded. Customer service is great,many fun activities, we enjoyed the spinning in water, beach pilates,beach aerobics, art classes. My kids loved the kids zone everyday they had great things for the children, games, crafts,and fun. Beach is beautiful and clean. We will come back! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my second stay in Paradisus Punta Cana,and it was as pleasant as the first one!
Without a doubt,it was worth it coming back to the same hotel.
I stayed from June 24 to July 3 in Villa 11.This is my first recommendation to readers.The location is great! Right next to the pool and most of restaurants as well as the beach.
There are many reasons why my family and i enjoyed our stay:Cleanliness,The variety of food and restaurants,the different activities at night,but most of all,how professional is the hotel staff in all the areas,specially Erinel De Padua and the Room Service Department.Hotel management shoud be so proud of having an employee so professional asa Erinel,my kids were delighted with his service.

Room Tip: Next to Villa 11
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a good Resort, but my only complaint is the food. There are two buffets Naos and Gabi Beach. Both of these buffets need more of a variety of foods and the area where the food is being served is too small. COMPARED to the Majestic Elegance I rate this Resort a 3. They have an excellent area outside the Gabi Beach restaurant that the guests may Enjoy their food on the beach at night, but I feel what would make it perfect would be if they served deserts and coffee most of the night after closing. Also there needs to be more entertainment during the day for guests.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Paradisus Punta Cana is a beautiful property! Beautiful gardens and a gorgeous beach. I stayed at the Majestic last year and as much as I liked the Majestic and my swim up room it does not compares to this property. The rooms were very large and cleaned, we had a private garden in ours with a lounge bed surrounded by beautiful plants and very close to the pool. The entertainment was fantastic (I was very disappointed with the entertainment at the Majestic). The dancers were all great, don’t miss the Beach Party, Bounce, Lion King or the Dominican Show! Although the property was huge we walked to the lobby instead of using the trolleys. It was such a beautiful walk that not even my 10 year old minded. Plenty of stuff for the kids to do! Rent your bikes early, there is usually a 3 day wait to get them but you keep them for 3 days too. Make your dinning reservations early too! The staff was great! The bartenders by the beach were awesome, a special thank you to Julio and Wendy! You want great service? Tip!!!! Don't be cheap and compensate these guys for their hard work....they truly deserve it! The activity guys were great too, very friendly and fun.... a big thanks to George Ambrose, Noel and Benjy Bourjolly!!! Look for the gardeners (green uniforms) and ask them for a yummy coconut, they will cut them for you- drink the water and continue using them for your bar drinks (tip those guys, getting a coconut from a tall palm tree is no joke!) My only suggestion is to provide more photographers to go around the resort to capture all those special moments. I saw one photographer and only1 day during my 8 days stay. You are losing money! I purchased lots of beautiful pictures last year! Overall… a wonderful vacation, very satisfied and didn't even pay for the Royal Service! We will return again!

Room Tip: Want to be close to the pool? Ask for villa 10 or 11
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana; we really appreciate you taking the time to share us your experience.

Thank you for letting us host you during your vacations, we love to learn that we were able to exceed our guest expectations by providing them the service and treatment they deserve. You can be sure that everything about your stay was carefully planned in order for you to have an unforgettable experience.

We will congratulate our team; especially those who made you live the Pure Freedom experience to Just Be, like Julio, Wendy, George Ambrose, Noel & Benjy!

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we will be waiting for you with our arms wide open.

Regards,

Eduardo Perera
General Manager.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had an absolutely amazing Trip to Paradisus Punta Cana. The location was perfect and the service was beautiful. Outstanding bartenders (Johanna, Deibe, Roberto, Eduard, and Jorge). I'm looking forward to spending my spring break here with all of these lovely people all over again. I anticipate another great stay and expect to see all of the same great people again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dasia,

Sunny Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for taking from your time to share us your experience.

It is more than great to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations, there is nothing more gratifying than a comment named “Paradise’’, your kind word made us feel proud and secure that our team is only working for our guests satisfaction.

We will congratulate Johanna, Deibe, Roberto, Eduard, and Jorge, for their unbelievable and caring service, you can be sure that she is thrilled to hear from you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we will be waiting for you.

Eduardo Perera

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!