“Distributor Appreciation & Meeting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #31 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Wales, Wisconsin
“Distributor Appreciation & Meeting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I planned an event at the Paradisus and in March for business people and their spouses and everyone loved the resort! The service was amazing and the staff are so friendly. Our group coordinator, Yohanna was so helpful to our group and easy to work with before and during our stay. Any request I had for our group, she was very willing to make happen! We stayed in the Royal Service. It is well worth the extra money. Our butler, Jose was very accommodating and so helpful to me with special requests for our group. The bartenders at the lobby bar, Roberto and Henry were great at serving and also entertaining us each night after our dinners.

Room Tip: Pay extra for Royal Service, it is worth the money!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Karen,

Thank you very much for the confidence placed in us to run your business meetings, for recommending us to property to other travelers and for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by Yohanna your group coordinator, Jose your butler, Roberto & Henry from the bar, our team is always at our guests disposition.

Thanks for have chosen our exclusive Royal Service.

Karen, we will be awaiting for you to experience another great stay.

Kind Regards.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,018)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had a recent trip to the Dominican Republic and stayed at the Paradisus Hotel Resort. The landscaping was beautiful and the beach was fabulous. There were comfortable places to lounge all throughout the resort especially on the beach where you could set yourself up either in the shade or in full sun. My room was very nice and had a little garden sitting area in the back.
Here are my complaints. If you decide to do the" Royal Service Plan" beware of a few things. There is a separate concierge and check in for this part of the hotel. It was set up so that when you entered it there were two desks with "concierges " working at them. directly facing you. They basically seemed to be either disinterested ,unavailable, or unable to help with any issue you might have. Every time I went in there there was a line of people waiting to get some attention and not getting it. The woman at the left hand side desk was not only unhelpful , but quite rude. I checked in at about 1:00 and my l did not get my luggage delivered to the room until 6:45 that night after repeated phone calls trying to track it down. There was a definite dis-communication between just about every department there. Whenever I called the concierge office they would say they were taking care of things but clearly they were not and one had to call several times to get any thing done.
They had computers in the "concierge " office but they never worked and if you wanted to say, print a boarding pass , or anything , forget it. A butler was assigned to you whom I never used and didn't really see the need for since there didn't seem to be much he could do for you either. He was very friendly and polite , but I think the system was working against him. When checking out, supposedly it was all arranged for our bags to be picked up from our rooms ahead of time , but again if I hadn't called several times to ask where they were, they may not have ever showed up. It was very tough getting a straight answer out of anyone. Communications with the staff were very frustrating, and it wasn't just because of a language barrier (their language is Spanish) . Nobody seemed to quite know how to successfully relay information to the different departments of the hotel. Food was average at the many restaurants on the property , but again there was a problem with a dinner reservation, because of miscommunication between departments. Our butler did come to the rescue on that occasion , but the restaurant itself had no interest in accommodation us. It was all very disconnected. However, for a beautiful beach and lovely looking resort I recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms with gardens in back on ground level were nice.
Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to express to you my gratitude as the general manager of this hotel for bringing your impressions to our attention.

To read your comment about our exclusive Royal Service area and facilities truly surprises me, since it is an exclusive part of our resort with a totally personalized service, special touches in everything that we do and a positive empowerment spirit on each of the collaborators working in there.

All the services offered at the Royal Service lounge represent our excellence in service, and are in perfect conditions for all our guests’ enjoyment.

Nevertheless, I have taken very good notes about all your observations in order to share it with the correspondent department and avoid similar impressions in a future.

Thank you for your observations about the language barrier, but we can assure you that our associates do their best in order to get to impress you and make everything possible for you, it is important to know that we have a majority of collaborators that can speak clear english.

Our biggest asset is the internal communication and following to every detail of all our guests stays.

I would like to apologize if we could not get to exceed your perceptions; we hope to have a second opportunity from you by receiving you and assure you a great stay.

Farmington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was a lovely place for a Spring Break. I typically do not like all-inclusive properties but this place is an exception. It never felt too crowded or overwhelmed by one particular age group. It had an international appeal and the staff was incredibly responsive and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Eileen,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us; it is truly appreciated by us, knowing that you have taken of your valuable time to tell us about your stay at our hotel.

I would love to receive you back at our hotel and make sure our team and I, as the general manager make you experience the best part of our pure freedom.

We are looking forward to hear from you.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was a guest at Paradisus Punta Cana from March 13 -17. I travelled with a group of friends. We all chose the Royal Service (RS) Option. I'm glad we did because it was awesome!

To start...I reached out to the Royal Service office prior to arrival to request certain accommodations for my travel group. Through this process, Enrique the Royal Service Assistant Manager assisted me with all my request and questions. He was beyond fabulous. He was super helpful and had a very warm demeanor.

Service - It was awesome across the board! Our Butler was great and accommodated all our request. We left dinner reservations up to him and we were very happy with his selections. Also the RS beach/pool staff (Matiel, Jeremion, Santo, Jose, and Benita) did an excellent job of keeping our cups filled with Pina Coladas and Champagne. They were always available and never too far away.

Entertainment - The Fire & Desire beach party was the best. We danced all night even after the formal festivities wrapped up. Mario and Rafael were great. They actually kept my group entertained the entire trip between dance class, beach party, and general entertainment. Kudos to them for making sure we had a great time. I can't stress how much fun they were!!! Also Carmen was a great hostess at the beach party and lots of fun! She kept our champagne bucket filled!

Food - The food was really good. I must say I was surprised because it's an all-inclusive. However, the a la carte restaurants can compete with any other. I found the mud us to have great selections and everything I tried I enjoyed. I was impressed! FYI - my travel group are all "foodies". Also...kudos to the wait staff at La Palapa who served us for breakfast each morning. They knew our routine by the 2nd day. Champagne all around and keep it coming!

The Grille was my favorite dinner restaurant. We were celebrating a friends birthday and they made it special for her with a yummy cake. Thanks to our butler who organized it along with balloons and sign on her room door.

Beach - Awesome! Plenty of beach chairs, Bali beds, hammocks, etc. I spent 85% of my time at the beach/pool.

Resort grounds - beautiful! Very large resort but beautifully kept. I rented a bike and biked each morning to the gym. The ride was peaceful and serene.

Overall I must say that this was one of my favorite vacations and I've travelled many places. The group I travelled with echo my feelings. It's also the best all-inclusive I've stayed at albeit I've only stayed at two.

My group enjoyed it so much we're bringing our friends back to celebrate in July. I'm looking forward to our return.

Room Tip: Go with Royal Service!
Dear Guest,

It makes me very proud to read so many names on your comment, recognizing our collaborators well done job; they are definitely a big asset to our hotel.

Knowing through your kind words that you had a great time at our resort, fills us with joy and happiness, it is proof that our efforts are definitely worth.

I will congratulate all the collaborators that made everything possible for you and your friends to have a great vacation.

Thanks for have chosen our Paradisus Punta Cana as your destination.

Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I visited the Paradisus a couple of weeks ago with a group of friends and had an amazing time! The grounds were beautiful, the food was great, and staff was wonderful!
We upgraded to the Royal Service which was well worth it! The Royal Service comes with a butler and a kid’s free zone.
The beach was beautiful - although the waves are a bit rough so probably not the best beach for kids.
The food was GREAT – who can beat all you get eat lobster!! Also, I liked that there were many restaurants to choose from – so many we didn’t have enough time to try them all.
I have to say, the staff made the trip memorable – I will never forgot Mario and Rafael from activities – they were hilarious and really made us feel special. I know my group of friends will reminisce about the good times we had with them for years to come! In fact, we has such a GREAT time we are planning to go back in July.
Added Pluses:
• The beach lounge was really cool and inviting / which I haven’t seen at other properties.
• The food and drinks were of quality – which was a HUGE bonus!
• Private Beach - There were very few people on the beach selling things.
• Activities: There is something for everyone.
Negatives:
• Mosquitos – I definitely went home with bits all over my legs. Be prepared if you are a mosquito magnet like me - and bring repellent (while there was repellent in the room it didn’t work for me).
• The only other thing that I didn’t like too much was that the drinks are severed in paper cups. I think the hotel should upgrade their drinkware – it really makes a difference aesthetically.

Room Tip: Royal Service/Upgrade
Dear Senna,

Thank you very much for all your nice comments and for sharing them with us on Trip advisor.

It really gives us lot of satisfaction to read that we were able to fulfill your holidays with nice moments to remember.

What I like the most from your comments is to read the names of our collaborators Rafael & Miki, our team is a very important part of our resort and the ones that make everything possible.

I already shared your kinds words with them and I am sure they will love to see you back soon at Paradisus Punta Cana!

Regarding the mosquitos, we can assure you that we have strict programs of fumigation, which are carried out continuously in order to avoid any kind of inconveniences with any insects.

We have taken very good notes about your observations of the paper cups, but I would like to inform you that as our purpose is to make our guests experience our pure freedom, we give them the liberty to take the cups anywhere they want.

It will be very nice to receive you back.

Warm regards.

Eduardo Perera
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

If you are looking for a beautiful beach location with amazing service but do not have significant means then this is the place for you! This is my third time at this resort and most certainly will not be my last. From the moment we checked in the service was outstanding. Both Ramirez and Alexandra who work in the VIP lounge were very professional and welcoming. They quickly checked us in and we enjoyed lunch at Gabi beach. The landscape of the resort is perfectly manicured and the staff is so pleasant!
Our trip included a romantic dinner on the beach. Wonder was our server and he was phenomenal. He was attentive and made the experience even that much more enjoyable.
Most days were spent by the Royal Service pool. If you have the chance to spend a little bit extra I highly recommend this upgrade. With access to a private pool it is simply worth it. Again, the staff at the pool were pleasant and attentive. Our drinks were always refreshed!
Bottom line- I recommend this place to singles, families or groups!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alyse,

Receive a warm greeting from the Paradisus Punta Cana.

Let me express to you how happy and proud I feel to read comments as yours, it is definitely the best recognition for a job well done by all our team.

Your words encourage us to keep putting our biggest efforts to become your favorites of all times.

Our spirit of joy and happiness invade us to perceive your satisfaction thru words.
I will congratulate our associates Ramirez and Alexandra who work in the VIP lounge for being very professional and welcoming. They are a big asset to our resort.

I am glad to know that you were able to enjoy of our exclusive Royal Service facilities and accommodations, we will all be waiting for your next visit.

My best wishes.

Punta Cana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Total relaxation at a beautiful resort. Outstanding accomodations with an attentive staff and delicious menus at the restaurants. Many thanks to Leidy and Annabelle for attending to our every wish in making it an incredible vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to capture your positive thoughts about your recent stay with us.
Leidy & Anabelle will be very happy to know that you felt great with their charm treatment; I already shared your comment with them.

Do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay; we will be ready to receive you with a great enthusiasm.

General Manager.

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!