“Wonderful Vacation in Paradius Punta Cana” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #19 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Vacation in Paradius Punta Cana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Just would like to start by saying that we (3 People) stayed at the Paradisus Punta Cana resort from February 2 to the 9th, 2014. We were skeptical about this place from what we had read from previous reviews.
Our trip was booked Online through Sunwing Vacation Packages, it was Fast, Easy and Hassle free. We decided to Upgrade to the Royal Service option and we believe that this was well worth it.

We had two rooms one was located in Building 20 and the other in Building 30, which is at the opposite end from the Royal Service area of the resort. It was a very short walk to the Royal Service Area.
The rooms were nice, clean, and stocked with Vodka, Scotch, and Rum, the mini fridge was stocked with pop, OJ, soda water, milk and bottled water. The rooms also came with a nice covered small outdoor patio area. The rooms were like the pictures shown on the website. The bathrooms were ok, the shower was equipped with a double head.

A big HUG goes out to Surry our Personalized Butler she did such a wonderful job during our stay. She was a pleasure to be around. Everything we asked of her was fulfilled and made our vacation relaxing and enjoyable.

The Royal Service area on the beach was really nice. We were able to find chairs everyday. The service on the beach was great as well. The servers for the week did a great job. I’m sorry that I didn’t get their names. They were hard workers who made our stay enjoyable.
The beach itself was always clean and the water was a little rough but we were able to wade out against the waves which made it fun. If you didn’t like to stay at the beach the Royal Service pool was available. It felt much warmer. The lady bartender working the pool bar always had a big smile.

We really enjoyed the restaurants we ate at during our stay. Our Butler took care of our reservations.
We ate at La Palapa our first night and for breakfast everyday. This is the private restaurant for the Royal Service members on the beach. The food was good and our servers Quintina, Mariela, Mayra, Teurys and Minos Ka provided great service and made it very enjoyable to eat there. Hope to see you again soon. We also ate at various a la Carte restaurants Vento, The Grill, Fuego, Aqua (Twice) and the food and service was also good.
We sat outside the Gabi Beach bar the first night and watched the Super Bowl game under the stars. The trees and chairs are illuminated at night and it was a great place to get a drink and relax.

This resort is so relaxing. The grounds for this resort are well maintained. There was always someone doing something. ( gardening, cleaning, and fixing up something ). There is also a lot of security which made it feel safe at this resort.

The main lobby is very nice, at night its lit up with candles.

There is also a small Casino in the lobby. It has one Roulette table, 2 Blackjack tables, and a handful of slot machines. Mateo provided us with great service.

We would have to say that we now have a new favorite resort. This resort was such a nice surprise. The staff is very friendly and made our stay enjoyable and very relaxing..

Well Done Paradisus Punta Cana

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Cesare,

Receive sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

Let us start by thanking you for taking of your time to share with the rest of the world your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are glad to know that we have exceeded your expectations with all our services and facilities; it is proof that what we are doing is the right thing. Know that your satisfaction is our top priority reason why we always put our biggest effort to always impress you and make the best of all our guests’ vacations.

Our collaborators are the ones in charge to make memorable experiences in all our visitors’ minds. We will definitely congratulate all our associates mentioned on this review, such as Surilenny your exceptional butler, Quintina, Mariela, Mayra and Teurys for a well done job.

You will always be welcome at Paradisus Punta Cana. Be back soon!

We love your comment!!

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,196)
Venezia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Just this:a dream. Thanks to Cristy at the VIP lounge,you are the best concierge ever,and thanks to Oscar of the animation team for teaching us the Cupid Shuffle We loved that!And most of All thanks to Gabriel the best bartender ever,so nice and professional and fun. Great honeymoon We could ever dream about!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Rita,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

We are glad to know that we have exceeded your expectations with our services and accommodations, we would like to thank you for have chosen our heaven on earth Paradisus Punta Cana.

Our collaborators are always in the best disposition to comply all our guests and needs to be able to make the best of their vacation.

We will definitely wait for your prompt return to our Heaven… Paradisus Punta Cana.

North Royalton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I would like to start by saying that I read reviews about Paradisus before our arrival and was a bit cautious of booking this resort because of what I read. Here is my honest review after staying at the Paradisus from January 26th- Feb 2nd 2014. Also note that this was our 4th trip to Punta Cana. We have stayed at Occidental Grand and the Hard Rock Hotel twice. We did not care for the Occidental Grand and up until this vacation the Hard Rock was my favorite resort we have stayed at.

Here it goes......

It was very frustrating trying to pre-pay the All Inclusive fee prior to our arrival ( to get the discount) My husband was disconnected at least 15 times when calling. He emailed someone who had him fill out credit card/personal information and didn't hear back from him until the day we were arriving and the email said he would process the info and send receipt the following day ( after we checked in) I had even posted something on the Paradisus Facebook page asking how to pay the fees because of our frustration.

We stayed at the Paradisus with our Timeshare (RCI) and had an extremely easy check-in. However we were told we didn't pre-pay the All Inclusive Fee and they wanted to charge us the full rate. My husband had printed out the emails showing he sent our credit card info/personal info and the person behind the desk made notes and allowed us to check in. We were asked if we wanted to upgrade to the Royal Service ( I had read about it on the reviews) and we said yes.

Our room was located in Building 30 which is at the opposite end from the Royal Service area of the resort. We enjoy walking and didn't mind being further away. At check in we asked for a 2nd floor room but were told they didn't have any. I generally am not comfortable with first floor rooms but loved our room. We had a nice little patio area and a covered sitting area off of our room. Our room was nice, clean, and was stocked with Vodka, Scotch, and Rum. Along with soda and bottled water in the fridge. We did not have hot water our 2nd night and had to take a cold shower but maintenance came immediately and fixed the problem.We liked the shower (double head) My only complaint about our room (1307) was that the service closet was outside our door so we were awakened early every morning with the staff talking loudly to each other.

We would order coffee, orange juice and fruit plate from room service in the mornings. The orange juice was most likely squeezed minutes before delivery.

On our 2nd day we were wondering why our Butler hadn't contacted us and went into the Royal Service lounge to inquire. Apparently we had not upgraded fully to have one. Once it was explained to us we did upgrade to get a Butler. We met him soon after and he was very quick to make our dinner reservations and put ice/beer in our room like we requested. We called our Butler the next morning and another gentleman answered and said our Butler no longer worked for the resort and he was our new Butler. He came out to us on the beach and introduced himself and was quick to find out our requests for the rest of the week and restaurant choices so he could make our reservations. I told our Butler that my husband's birthday was Saturday and I wanted something special in our room when we returned from our snorkeling trip. My husband was so surprised to find rose petals, champagne, a birthday cake, and a hand written note from our Butler on his birthday. It made his day extra special. So HUGE shout out to Bladimar Vargas for such a great job during our stay. Always had a smile on his face and was a pleasure to be around. Everything we asked of him was fulfilled.

The Royal Service area on the beach was really nice. This is a reserved area with no children allowed. We were able to find chairs everyday and even got lucky a few days and got a "beach bed". However the majority of chairs did have towels on them by 9:30 a.m. We had great service on the beach. Special shout out to our servers for the week.....Jose Reyes, Jeremia Matos, and Matiel Reyes. Hardworking men who made our stay enjoyable. My favorite part of the day was when our servers would walk around with fruit kabobs, yogurt, and served shrimp a few days to us on the beach. The beach itself is wide and very nice. The water was fairly rough when we were there but we were able to swim out to the edge of the roped off area and back with no problem. We also enjoyed taking a 20 minute walk to the shops located West of the resort. They had paintings, jewelry, shirts, just about any souvenir you're looking for. But be prepared to bargain for the price you want to pay. The beach is extremely windy. If you don't like wind, take a short walk to the pool where it's calm and feels much warmer without the wind.

We really enjoyed the restaurants we ate at during our stay. Our Butler took care of our reservations and we had no problem getting the times we wanted to eat. We ate at La Palapa our first night after a long day of travel. This is the private restaurant for the Royal Service members right on the beach. We had lobster risotto and lobster tail and it was very good. You do not need reservations for this restaurant. On our second night we ate at Bana which is located up near the front lobby (teppanyaki) and the food was very good. Our chef put on a good show and the experience was fun. The next night we ate at Mole ( Mexican) When we arrived we asked to sit at one of the outdoor tables but there weren't any available. About 15 minutes after we sat down a table opened up and my husband asked to move tables and the staff was more than willing to move our table. The night was perfect under the stars next to the pool and our food was good too. Our next restaurant was Fuego which is located up in the Main Lobby. Food was very good and atmosphere was nice but it's a completely indoor restaurant. After eating there I realized that we prefer eating at the restaurants with outdoor seating. We met some friends on the beach so on our 5th night we had our Butler arrange a dinner for 6 at Aqua. We requested the table at the end of the bridge and he was able to make it happen. It was so nice eating next to the water while the Flamingo were walking around. What a special dinner and we enjoyed our food. We were exhausted on our 6th night and after a long day at the beach, we ordered pizza for room service. Our last night ( my husbands birthday) was at The Grille. We ate dinner with new friends that were on their Honeymoon. Our servers were wonderful and surprised us with something special for my husband's birthday as well as a plate of chocolate covered strawberries for the Honeymooners. A handful of servers came over and sang to him. Again, VERY nice touch. I would have to say out of all the restaurants, the Grille was probably my least favorite. We loved the ambiance of sitting outside under the stars but I didn't care for my steak.

The ambiance of the resort is so relaxing and just amazing. On our walk up to the main lobby one night there were performers/dancers in the trees along the pathway. What a unique experience and added touch. We sat outside the Gabi Beach bar one night under the stars and had such a relaxing night after dinner in the sand. The trees and chairs are illuminated and it's truly something you won't forget. Something I quickly noticed about this resort is how well maintained the grounds are. There was always someone painting, trimming, cleaning, and straightening up something. There is also a lot of security which made me feel extremely safe at this resort. We also ran into outbursts of rain at night so jumping on the shuttle was a must to get back to our rooms sometimes. But most of the nights we enjoyed walking.

Another positive at the Paradisus is the activity hut. My husband Scuba dives and the staff was more than helpful in setting up a dive for him. They also offer a free dive just beyond the reef area off the hotel. They also set up our snorkeling trip as well as reserved the Hobie (included) for us during the day. Juan Barsy was super helpful and just a nice guy to have a conversation with. When my husband walked up to him on his birthday he remembered, and made it a point to sing to him. Again just the added little touch to make the trip special.

We walked up to the Reserve pool (way up front) one day and was very impressed with the whole area. They have these cool chairs that are in the water and a swim up bar. We ate at the pool bar and were very pleased. My husband had the fish/chips and I had the chicken caesar salad. We also ate lunch at the pool bar/grill located near the Royal Service area a few days too. The burgers were good as well as the pizzas. The staff is very attentive and quick to serve food.

The main lobby at night is very nice. It is lit with candles and has such ambiance. We went to the Casino in the lobby 2 nights during our stay. It has one Roulette table, 2 Blackjack tables, and a handful of slot machines. They serve drinks but not really my type of Casino. Bright white walls, bright lights, and very small. But it did get our Blackjack fix.

Besides the private adult area on the beach, pool, and private restaurant on the beach, the Royal Service members also have access to the Spa amenities. After our day at the beach we would visit the spa and relax in the outdoor (covered) jacuzzi and cold water pool. It was very peaceful and quiet and a great way to end the day.

The Wifi in our room worked. We were booted off occasionally but would quickly reconnect. I wouldn't say it was a major problem.

Out of all our trips to Punta Cana, this is the first time I didn't get sick. The only thing I changed this time ( besides the usual drinking bottled water and using it to brush teeth) is that I didn't eat cheese because someone told me it's not Pasteurized in Punta Cana. I also didn't eat at a Buffet.

As I said in the beginning of my review, the Hard Rock Hotel has always been my favorite in Punta Cana. I now have a new favorite. The Paradisus was such a nice surprise. It has such an intimate setting and we felt at home the entire time. This will now be our choice of resorts in Punta Cana. We are already planning on returning next year. You can make this resort a quiet little relaxing vacation or can have as much fun and party as you want. They have areas for whatever you're looking for. The staff is very friendly and made our stay just about perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Jenn,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

It has been a pleasure for us to have had you here at our property, since we are committed to quality and great guest service. Know that your satisfaction is our priority and we always put our biggest effort to make the best of your vacations.

We will congratulate all our collaborators mention on this review as recognition for a well done job.

We will wait for your next return to our Paradisus Punta Cana, thank you for has chosen us as your vacation destination. It is a privilege to count with your loyalty and preference.

Best regard.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. We got married at the Paradisus this January. My husband and I were blown away by the way everything turned out. Beatriz and The romance team did a wonderful job and were easy to work with. They defiantly exceeded our expectations. The resort was beautiful and our friends and family had a wonderful time. We also loved our photographer Lala. She captured some beautiful pictures that we will cherish forever. We enjoyed everything about our vacation and definitely plan on coming back. Service and staff made us feel like royalty.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Danielle,

Receive sunny and warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

We feel more than honored to have been chosen by your for such a big event as your wedding. On behalf of the Paradisus Punta Cana´s family, we would like to congratulate you for this new step in life; we wish you nothing but the best.

We will congratulate our Romance’s Team for a well done job, especially to Beatriz and Lala for being so helpful and accommodating during your whole stay especially on your wedding event.

You will always be welcome at Paradisus Punta Cana.

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Came here on our honeymoon, and we had a fantastic time!

The resort: Amazing! Very well maintained. Beautiful property, wonderful staff, excellent accommodations. I was weary after reading some of the reviews but was very pleased to find that our stay was practically flawless. Our room (deluxe garden view junior suite) was great. We were asked about an upgrade and glad we didn't. For us, it would've been totally unncessary, not spending that much time in the room and having everything we needed (stocked mini-bar, great balcony with 2 chairs and a lay-down chair). The wifi is awesome throughout the entire resort, not just your room.

The pool is great. Really large and varying depths for all types of swimmers. As with any resort pool, the swim-up bar was awesome. They have a great snack menu all day long, good music, and awesome bartenders.

The beach is phenomenal! I ran a good distance along the coast and passed by most of the hotels. Our beach front setup was definitely the best I saw. Plenty of lounge chairs, beds and personal cabanas for you to choose from. All included!

Decent gym facility with spin and pilates classes daily. That was a nice plus.

Food: Beyone pleasantly surprised. Granted, it's not 5-star NYC cuisine, so you need to set your expectations accordingly. We were very happy with everything we had. The resort has a ton of restaurants to choose from and 2 open buffets. We tried just about everything and it was all great. Our favorite restaurant (and this is by NYC standards) was Vento. I would gladly pay to go to that place if it was here in NYC. The buffet food was great for what it is. After getting sick in Mexico last year I was hesitant to eat freely, but after day 2 I was trying everything. Happy to report that I was totally fine (did not drink the water, though).

Booze: For you drinkers, I am happy to report that they had a really nice selection of booze, and they even had legit top-shelf for a small additional cost. We didn't feel the need to upgrade since we were happy with the standard. Hubby was drinking Johnny Walker Black and I had a choice of some good vodkas but kept with Stoli most of the week. As with any resort, they had the full selection of fruity cocktails.

Some of the negatives (in our opinion):

The resort is BIG. While its really pretty and nice to stroll through, it made for some quiet, out of the way conditions. The lobby area, with the shops and a few of the restaurants was a 10 minute walk from our room. So if we wanted to "run" and grab something we had to consider it. Rest assured, there is a great trolly system that runs every 7-10 minutes in both directions. It just felt roundabout at times, and also pretty quiet.

While this was our honeymoon and we were there for ourselves, we do enjoy some partying and socializing. This resort fell a little flat in that regard. We met some really nice people and had some nice conversations, but it was definitely not a PARTY resort by any means. We werent sure if it had to do with the size of the resort, but it always seemed that whatever bar/lounge area we chose to go to, was always really quiet. Regardless, it was fun and we had a good time. But if that's what you're looking for, I would look elsewhere. This resort catered to a slightly older crowd (45 and up). That does not take away from the resort at all and is merely my personal opinion.

Overall, it was a wonderful week and I highly recommend the Paradisus Punta Cana

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alexis,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your great experience with the rest of the world about your recent stay at our hotel. We would like you to know that it has been an honor for us to being chosen by you for such an amazing moment as your honeymoon, to know that we have exceed your expectations fills us of joy and pride since it is proof that what we are doing is the right thing… achieving our main goal which is to make the best of all our guests stays.

Your complete satisfaction is our priority, remember that you will always be welcome at our Paradisus Punta Cana; we consider you part of our family already.

Come back soon. We love your comments.

Los Gatos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

While this resort is beautiful. the customer service by management is terrible! Arrived after a very long trip, awaiting a wonderful, relaxing week. Should have paid attention to the line of disgruntled travelers in the lobby area. Not until after taking our money for the All Inclusive Fees did they tell us that they overbooked, and, in spite of our reservation, no rooms were available. We were told we would be put up at another hotel for the first 3 days of our vacay, and THEN we could return. We were shuttled to Memories--apparently a hotel they also own---which is NOT a 5 star resort, as we had paid for! We sat in the lobby of Memories for 4 and a half hours, while they claimed they were waiting for authorization from the Paradisus to give us rooms! Got to our room well after dark! When we returned to the Paradisus after 3 days, we were told that it is standard procedure to overbook! We were also NOT given the 1 bedroom suites that RCI had reserved for us, and were told that, even though the Paradisus SHOWS those rooms on their website, they are in fact only available to MEMBERS of the Club Melia! In addition, in spite of being "All Inclusive," we were told we could not order wine in the room without paying additional! If not for the room concierge, Christopher, (who was terrific!) we would have had to pay $10 a bottle for wine. Needless to say, we will not be returning!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I would like to add to the last post. The EXACT same thing happened to us. We arrive at 12 am, only to be told that the hotel is overbooked. We were sent in a taxi to another resort at 1 am and told to come back in two days. For one thing, my fiancé and I didn't feel safe driving over a half hour in a cab across the highway at this hour. Second, we paid a lot of money months prior to secure our room. I was very upset needless to say.
They did upgrade us to a room in the reserve section, but it still put a huge damper on our vacation..... Because by the time we arrived back to paradisus we only had 5 days left. The time share concept really bothered me. We were hounded.....we said no several times......the first time he made us feel guilty by saying no because he would lose 200 points. I found this very tacky. The food was very so-so. The actual resort is beautiful. That was one of the only pluses. The service at the reserve beach was phenomenal. Mikey-Mikey was amazing.... Lots of energy and very friendly. He was the man that put a smile on our faces for the 5 days we were at the resort. Please paradisus do not overbook the rooms.....it really does make an impact on the vacation.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!