My wife and I spent two weeks with an other friends couple, at the Paradisus Punta Cana from Feb. 12 to Feb. 26, 2013. Both couples bought a NoliPlus package from Nolitours/Air Transat (All inclusive services and care). We feel that we paid too much for the overall value given by the Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel & Resort, in the Dominican Republic. We are experienced travelers in the Carribean, Central America and Mexico. We stayed at various Hôtels and Resorts (4 to 5 stars), but never experienced something like that. The personnel had given us excellent services and was courteous and polite. The Hotel grounds and vegetation are superb and are maintained in excellent conditions. The rooms we were given were not "Luxury Junior Suites", as stated on the Paradisus Punta Cana Web Site (Newly renovated Junior Luxury Suites?). They were "Very old and the matresses were adequate" (The 2 beds suites) and the washrooms were not "Completely Equiped" (Only a shower, no bath and stained mirrors (The 2 beds suites)?).
We had nothing to say about the cleanliness of the rooms, washrooms, Lobby, Lobby washrooms, the restaurants, the beach, the pool and all the ground surroundings. Exception, being the awfull smell that was floating around on the main walkway to the Main Lobby. This is not ecological? The beach was spaklingly clean and so was the main pool.
The food in the restaurants was of excellent quality, tasty and fresh, in the "Buffet Restaurants" (Naos & Gabi Beach), but the food variation was always the same, day after days. As for the "À la Carte Restaurants", the food was of excellent and very good quality and freshness (Palazzo, Bahna, Vento, Aqua, Mole and Gabi Club), but the menu did not change throughout our stay. The exception was the "Grill Restaurant", where the food was not fresh, not hot and not "cooked", as per what was written on the menu (The Pork Ribs had 80% of fat to 20% of meat).
The bars were serving good selection of liquor, wine and beer. The "Specialty drinks" had more water and juice than alcohol. When we switched to "Straight drinks", the barmen couldn't fool us anymore (We ordered specialty drinks and we mixed them with the straight drinks, afterwards)!
We were highly impressed by the "Day and night activities", the nightly shows (Superb spectacles). We played at the Cocotal Golf Course which is a superb golf course, well maitaned and the caddies were exceptionaly helpfull and polite. The only recommandation is that the Golf Course should increase the frequency of the shuttles between the hotel and the golf course. This way they might have more players, as many players abadonned after waiting for 50 to 60 minutes, between shuttles!
We produced a written letter to our Travel Agent and to Nolitours Travel and they will go back to the Paradisus Punta Cana, in order to correct the deficiencies that we experienced!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury Suites and an exclusive Garden Villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own Casino, an incredible Spa For Kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The Resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 Royal Service Suites and 4 Ambassador Oceanview Suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront Garden Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Melia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort