At Paradisus Punta Cana, my wife and I spent one of our most memorable vacations relaxing at a 5-star resort. By rented car we had some trouble finding the place but Reception at their newer sister resort, Paradisus Palma Real, had a handy strip map. Upon check-in, we opted not to participate in their all-inclusive program since we had a rental car. We were assigned a well-furnished room with elegant dark wood at The Reserve. This might have obligated us to spend time with the pleasant Club Melia sales team of Marsela and Alicia. (Our session lasted almost three hours, which passed quickly because of our genuine interest in their proposals.) However, by all accounts, these two Paradisus resorts in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, are arguably the best in their system, and it showed. Every member of the staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful: Anuvi, Miquel, Patricio, Felip, Maria and, especially, Jonathan Bonillo, who headed up the amazingly comprehensive water and land activities. We did everything we could manage: jogging, gym, yoga, wall climbing, EuroBungy, archery, and batting. In addition, we attended workshops on magic, cocktails, sushi, casino, and cigar making, plus dance instruction for cha cha, meringue, and salsa. Paradisus Punta Cana, unlike its sister resort which is close to the beach, is so expansive that one has to walk 20 minutes to the beach or take one of the trams that run every 5-10 minutes. There were 14 restaurants in the complex, but the only one not covered by the optional all-inclusive plan was Fuego, where we were treated to a fabulous 9-course tasting dinner for $40 plus a glass of wine. However, our favorite fine restaurant at Punta Cana was heart-decorated Passion (perfect for Valentine’s Day) at Paradisus Palma Real. We found the a la carte menu and wine list to be reasonably priced, but it was the attentiveness and fine presentations by the general manager and his wait staff: Miguel, Franklin, and Linda that made for a most enjoyable and memorable evening. On the negative side, the temperature dial for our showers didn’t work such that the water was often too hot. Further, the housekeeping staff could use some additional training: our maid threw out a stack of personal papers placed on the dining table (and not put in a waste basket). We do not know if the maid was ever identified, but the papers were not retrieved .... a definite black stain on an otherwise great vacation. We recommend highly Paradisus Punta Cana and Paradisus Palma Real, including their fine-dining restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury Suites and an exclusive Garden Villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own Casino, an incredible Spa For Kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The Resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 Royal Service Suites and 4 Ambassador Oceanview Suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront Garden Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Melia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort