“Deffinitley coming back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro | Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to $1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #26 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Verona, Ontario, Canada
“Deffinitley coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This resort was by far the nicest I've been to and I've been to a few. The place is very well manicured and gorgeous. The service was great and everyone was very hospitable and nice. The food was great and there were lots of activities. The rooms were modern and updated and included all the amenities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Christina,

Thank you for having chosen our Resort as the place to spend your holidays and for the time you have taken to share your experience.

I am proud and grateful to hear about your satisfaction with the food, the property and the entertainment staff. I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal through your total satisfaction.
Please consider Paradisus Punta Cana as your second home and we will be waiting your next visit.

4,659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (878)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very nice vacation. Good resort, beach was excellent , rooms was really nice and clean and the food was good not great but good.. Would not hesitate to recommend it. Like any resorts a few minor things could be improved. For example I thought the shuttles on the resort were too few and too long they need an extra train or two. They seem to move the visitors only for their sales pitch of vacations time shares. Had a great week.

Room Tip: we were in room 2287 inbetween the lobby and restaurants and not too far from the beach. Was great
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your experience, for your recommendation and observations. Please let those few things not be motive to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Warmest Regards from Paradise!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Royal Service section of the resort and everything has been first class.. The wait staff here are always happy to help you.. Order room service for breakfast each day and Pedro Reyes greeted us each morning with a smile... First time to DR and we will be back

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, we are known as happy, passionate and energetic people! I’m so happy you enjoyed all that in our staff and service.
We look forward to welcome you back for second time in Paradise! Please delight us with your presence soon.

Warmest Regards,
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at the Paradisus Punta Cana from Jan 6 Jan 13 of this year and thankfully I finally had a chance to give a review.

Before I start all I can say is Nathaniel ! Nathaniel ! Nathaniel ! Is just amazing ... Let me connect the dots now.

This was my first time to Paradisus Punta Cana, but since this was a family trip my sisters family and my parents it was there 3rd time.

We booked the Royal Service Package for my parents including my wife and I however my sister stayed at the reserve as she has a toddler.

From pulling into the lobby the resort looked beautiful lobby was welcoming . After a little bit of confusion when we repeatedly mentioned we booked Royal Service finally someone took us to the Royal Service lobby / check in. It was exciting to see our names printed outside before the glass doors welcoming us made us feel special however this wasn't the case. We were greeted by Enrique who could barely shake our hands or crack a smile but rather asked us to sit down at the round table and he would come back. We drank our champagne and waited he showed up and explained the resort in the most monotone way imaginable. It was like he was addressing us as beneath him or peasants. My father who is in his late 60's was so offended given that we paid a premium to stay here to be treated like non humans. We ignored this and took the room keys to building 1 2nd floor and checked in to our rooms. Rooms were nice and clean and our Butler Rudy was funny And polite. The butler aspect is overrated since your hardly see them and apart from bringing scented pillows for you at night don't know what else they really do ... Not
Much.

I want so impressed initially with the service especially in the Royal service lobby all the staff seems uptight and privileged they treated us like below them. However the pool staff at RS was amazing!
Now here comes Nathaniel our saviour from ranking this place as a 1 star to a 5 star because of the professional and sincere person he is . My sister stayed her before and met Nathaniel previously thankfully he was working the week we were there and decided to call him at Guest Services and explain our disappointment.
He listened to us but didn't respond instead he took action ! Within moments of hanging up the phone with him he showed up at our room picked the entire family up in a golf cart and have us a tour of the resort with detailed explanation of the facities. He was such a warm guy smiling happy and what you would expect from a Manager of a big resort! He made dinner reservations for us and when we told him its my dads 65th birthday he got us a private table for dinner with the perfect desert. Despite the fact the resort had thousand plus guests Nathaniel always checked in on multiple times daily ! We nick named
Him " The flash " because he would show up so quick to make us smile and was genuinely concerned about our well being and enjoyment. Out of
All the A la carte restaurants the Mexican was best followed by the Italian ... Overall food was below par for a 5 star ... I have stayed on business at some of the best resorts / hotels in North America including a more recent stay in Bora Bora however its the people that make the difference and Nathaniel from guest services made this the best trip my wife and I have had.

I realize the resort may be on a downward path but to all future guests please please please reach out to people like Nathaniel if
You are there because they will make sure you are beyond 100% satisfied. They don't know unless you tell
Them so feel free to speak up.

Thank you Nathaniel Perez ! For redeeming Paradisus Punta Cana.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us at Paradisus Punta Cana.
I am quite concerned to learn about your dissatisfaction with the attention in Royal Service and on behalf of the staff; I would like to apologize for that first impression. I already shared your observations with the management team in order to prevent this kind of situations in the future.
In the other hand I’m very happy that you have the opportunity of meeting Mr. Nathanael and to read that he was able to get up to your expectations and help you enjoy the real Paradisus experience. I agree with you, he is a real asset and we are very proud o having people like him in our Staff.
Please honor us with your presence; we will lobe to welcome you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

stayed here for a week, Jan 19 - 26, part of the time share vacation club. this is our home resort purchased in 2001 so we've been coming over the years, this our 5th visit, although it's been a couple years since the last time. first off, we take a taxi from the airport, it's easier, faster and more comfortable, yes it costs a little more but I'll pay a little extra for those things. The road is much improved and almost completed the whole way so that too was a big plus, cutting down on travel time though still about 30 minutes. once at the resort as club members we had a separate check in not at the counter but in a lounge area off to the side and were treated very well.we did not stay in the reserve but in building 2 near the beach and very close to the pool and all the restaurants. it appears these are the rooms set aside for the club members under the old plan no longer being sold. they still have a time share program but it's much different and we've sat thru the presentation this year and the last time too, but it's not what we want. we have used our week and have saved money over the years but frankly wish we could sell it at this point.
the entire place has been upgraded and the rooms at least painted, there are still problems with tile in bathrooms, and around tubs and showers and I wasn't happy with the patio doorwall locking, but the workers, maids, and staff all over the entire facility are all trustworthy and I quickly stopped worrying about any theft or break-in, besides we don't travel with the family jewels, some cash kept in the safe. the air conditioning worked well enough, but we had to deal with a musty smell on our clothes when we got home, still can't figure out from where or how.
we stay around the pool and walk the beach each way to the beachfront shops, the shops when you walk to the left from the resort will be moving back away from the water they lost almost all the beachfront probably some storm. the shops walking to the right are ok. we walk up to the plaza and found that mall to be somewhat run down and have lost a few stores. we found a good store down the street behind the shops when you walk the beach to the right, it's not one of the make shift outfits but a nice store run by Russians I think, there are a lot of Russian tourists in Punta Cana believe it or not, also many French speaking Canadians.
they have built a new dining facility right near the beach and although it may become an exclusive restaurant for the reserve and royal service people it was open to all and we ate there a couple times and at least once for dinner. to me the food everywhere has improved very much and the beef tenderloin at the Pallazzo was excellent, also the house red wine served everywhere was quite good and had a glass or two every meal (except breakfast of course). choices at the buffet were many and also very good. we drink bottled water and even use it brushing our teeth, and let me repeat the food has vastly improved and if one is careful you should not have any intestinal problems. at the main buffet you will come across probably the nicest man in all of the DR, he is not very tall and looks a little older but has the biggest smile and the most pleasant demeanor and his name is HECTOR, a waiter been there 15 years, you can't miss him, please tip him generously he deserves it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear guest,

I have to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I´m glad to see that you found some changes in our resort that made you experience pleasantly surprise; I sincerely appreciate your observations on our improvement areas which will be shared with my managing team in order to fine-tune with the operation.
We believe that it is only by listening carefully the comments and observations of our customers that we will achieve the constant improvement and guest’s satisfaction that we strive for.

We hope to welcome you back in tour 6th visit we look forward to surprise you again!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I only had 5 days and just wanted to relax on the beach. When we arrived after travelling most of the day, we were informed that the resort was overbooked and we were being sent to another resort for the first night. We were not happy as this would waste part of a day coming back over but went along and returned the next day. We actually were back by 9:30 and although our room wasn't ready until 3, they took care of our luggage and we spent the entire day on the beach. We were very impressed with the way they took care of us. They upgraded us to their VIP section, called "The Reserve", and believe me it was worth wasting a day away to get. The Resident Director Pablo personally met with us and explained there had been a huge screw up and they were overbooked by about 30 rooms. He said there was no excuse and apoligised profusely. Along with upgrading us to The Reserve he comped us a dinner in the only restaurant on site that you have to pay for, Fuego Gasto Bar and offered us free massages. He also booked us right there for al a carte dinner the other nights. Our room was large, with a double Jacuzzi tub, 2 sink bathroom with a large "rain" shower, a very comfy king size bed, a living room with a large flat creen TV, a sink and bar fridge, a great balcony with very comfy chairs. Our building had it's own concierge, and all the buildings in The Reserve shared a private pool that was fantastic and very large with double lounges with awnings, and large beds with thatched roofs. There was also a private check in area and a private restaurant that served a great buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We spent four days very relaxed around the pool and totally enjoyed our stay. We are glass half full people and just go with whatever comes along. It payed off in the long run and we would go back in a minute. The old saying says that S&$t happens, but if the staff goes above and beyond to make it right then all's good. We met dozens of people that experienced the same thing, and everyone was very impressed with the way it was handled. I've read some of the reviews about unfriendly staff, but I believe the problem is a language one. We have been to many all inclusive resorts and this one had far more employees that didn't speak english than any others. In some cases they didn't handle it well when you tried to speak to them. The ones that did speak english were very helpful.
The food was generally exceptional, with our meal in The Grill restaurant the only one we didn't enjoy. Our steaks were very overcooked and hard to eat. I would give every other meal a 4 1/2 to 5 star.

Room Tip: pay the extra for The Reserve.
Dear Bill,

Thank you so much for your sharing with us your Paradisus experience and for your understanding, we deeply appreciate it.
Exceeding the expectation of our guests is our goal and we know that in order to achieve this, it is necessary to provide quality services and good attitude from the employees! Im glad we had the opportunity to do so for you.
We hope to welcome you back soon in Paradise, we look forward to host you again.

Warmest Regards,

river valley,on
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the resort for a week in february. We had the best time ever. After reading all the bad reviews didnt know what to except from the resort but i have to say we where pleasantly surprised. The rooms where clean the food was really good the buffet and the restaurants to. The service is unbelievable . I like to thank you especially for the beach stuff at royal service pool they made are stay very comfortable one .Thank you Matiel Reyes,Jose Reyes,Jeremio Matos and of course Benita Mercedes at the bar.You guys where there every day working hard to make our stay as good as possible.Thank you guys and we will see you guys soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Doug,

We feel content to know that after your Paradisus experience you are willing to come back to our resort.
Your recognition to the service received by Matiel, José, Jeremias and Benita, has been sent to their supervisors in order to motivate them to continue indulging all our guests, the way they deserve. As you said they work hard and with Passion!
Thank you so much for your review! Please remember you have a home away from home at Paradisus Punta Cana.

Best Regards
Eduardo Perera

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!