My husband and I just returned December 5th from a beautiful week at Paradisus Punta Cana. We traveled with my Mom to celebrate her 83rd birthday. I do not understand people who say the food or service was not up to par because we found it all to be exceptional!! I cannot say enough about the service we received from Nathanael Perez, the Guest Services Manager. He greeted us during our check in and became our best friend for the week! He made all of our dinner reservations, sent fruit plates and champagne to our rooms, arranged for a birthday celebration for my Mom at our first dinner and seemed to find us everyday to see how our trip was going. He is the best!!! We were also very impressed that Pablo Cogolludo, the Director, was visable every day and talking to guests. He sought us out in a restaurant one evening to welcome us! We've never experienced management being so involved with guests at other resorts.
Rooms - rooms are very modern and large. We had a corner unit with a jacuzzi on the balcony. Each room has a safe to keep valuables. TV - broad range of channels to choose from and good reception. Huge shower with shower heads at both ends. Large closet with slippers and robes. Quite a range of lighting options within each room.
Pool - fabulous, huge pool with lush greenery surrounding it. Chairs are not just lined up in rows - there are clusters so you're not on top of others. Families can have areas to themselves. There are many entrances - some have steps, a couple are sloped entrances...very nice. The swim up bar is fun - Juan made great drinks for us everyday! The music there is nice too!
Restaurants - we found all to be good. They are in the process of changing over some restaurants so some had new signs up but the paperwork we received showed both old/new names which was helpful. We were hungry upon arrival and went to Naos which had an afternoon snack menu of sandwiches, burgers and pizza. The pizzas were quite generous and tasty. We typically went to Gabi Beach for breakfast because we enjoyed the view of the beach. We found service (coffee) to be better if we sat on the first level. Most lunches we went to Naos where they not only had the regular buffet offerings but also hamburgers and pizza. We enjoyed every dinner, especially The Grill (steakhouse) , Qi (Chinese) and Palazzo (Italian). Gabriel de la Rosa provided outstanding service at Qi and we also saw him at Naos at lunch. The house wines were better than we've had at other resorts and the wine list included some very good wines at reasonable prices.
Entertainment - music in the lobby each evening was very good. Roberto at the North Avenue bar was fun. Francis from the entertainment group always made sure people were having fun and would dance with us. The evening shows are great. The entertainers are very talented - we saw the Michael Jackson show, the circus and Boogey Nights.
Service - we found the service to be outstanding. We had an A/C issue in my Mom's room one day. We called for service - they were there in less than 5 minutes and corrected the problem instantly. She immediately received a phone call to ensure that everything was fixed. Anytime I called for something (ice, washcloths) they arrived in just a couple of minutes. Employees always responded "my pleasure". I see complaints about the sales pitch - we didn't find it overly intrusive. The guys that try to get you to listen to the sales pitch are also guest services so they help in many other ways. Marino Mosquea was very helpful upon our arrival and greeted us every day and asked if he could help us with anything. He personally escorted me up front on our 2nd day and assisted me in taking care of business (return transfers to airport and resort vouchers) and then returned me to the beach. When he asked if we would be interested in the club membership, we said we'd think about it. Midway through out vacation, we did listen to the sales pitch which is a nice offer. Ultimately, we did not sign up and did not feel pressure and everyone continued to be very friendly and helpful.
In summary- the grounds, pool, beach, food & service are hard to beat. I would definitely recommend this resort. The only improvement I could see is if service traffic could be rerouted away from the path that people walk on and the tram travels on but I'm not sure that is possible. Also the walkway is like stone so I recommend flat shoes for easier walking on that surface. They are doing some renovations which will only make the resort a better place to enjoy paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury Suites and an exclusive Garden Villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own Casino, an incredible Spa For Kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The Resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 Royal Service Suites and 4 Ambassador Oceanview Suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront Garden Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Melia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort