“Paradisus Punta Cana” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 40% discount
Ranked #16 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
nyc
“Paradisus Punta Cana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've been here a few times with my family for Thanksgiving. This time we sprung for the suites... Amazing! I did not know you can get this type of luxury and detail in a Caribbean resort. I've been traveling to the Caribbean for 30+ years and I'm used to nice, clean hotels. I know never to expect Vegas style accommodations, but now, that has changed. These rooms we got were amazing. The pricing is very competitive too! The food as always is very good. The fruit selection at breakfast is great. The dinner offerings are very good. The staff, as with most of DR, is fantastic... genuinely nice people. Tipping people around the resort goes a long way. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our Paradisus Punta Cana as the place to spend thanksgiving with your family.

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that in our effort to bring you a memorable stay, we have filled your expectations with our service and accommodations.

We are hoping to welcome you again in a near future!

Eduardo Perera Castro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,349)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great hotel, A special thanks for Natanael who is the guy who can help you if you are a problem,
I recommend this hotel !
One week is too short so the best is to stay at least 2 weeks,
The manager of the Service Royal (Miledy) and his assistant (Enrique) make your stay as a dream,
And the last but not least, Juan (butler) is at your service !!!
GREEEEEEAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The good: the rooms were large and beautiful. We loved the personal cabanas outside each room, and the resort had a great beach with lots of huts and chairs.
The bad: the service was terrible. It was impossible to get a cup of coffee in the mornings - we had to spend about 10 minutes each morning flagging the coffee guy down, and it almost seemed like he purposely avoided us. The food was only okay, ranging to bad: the buffet restaurant openly served last night's leftovers for breakfast and lunch, nothing was seasoned properly, and the only restaurant that was genuinely "good" was the steakhouse.
The worst: the constant harassment by people trying to sell you outings and vacation packages. When we got to the resort, we were not allowed to check into the room without first talking to a "personal concierge" who was really just a salesman trying to sell us some sort of vacation package. We rejected his offer of a "free breakfast and tour of the resort" (um, the resort is all-inclusive, why do we need your "free" breakfast at the buffet when its already free?), but then had to avoid him every day from then on because he was always in the buffet restaurant trying to talk to us. There are also salesmen stationed outside the main beach building trying to sell you day trips - every time we had to use the bathroom, get a drink, or have breakfast or lunch we were accosted. It made for a very stressful time, and totally negated the beauty and overall luxury of the resort.
Bottom line: don't allow solicitation on the resort premises and improve the service and this hotel would go a long way towards getting 5 stars. As is, not worth it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Pablo C, Resident Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Katie,

Thank you for sharing your observations and compliments on our rooms and resort, I appreciate it. Your feedback will help us to continue working in our service quality.
As you probably noticed in your visit, we are in the process of a lot of changes in the resort and most of them are relied it to our gastronomy, we believe that all these changes are very positive, despite that I’m really concern about not fulfil your expectations and I would really love the opportunity to welcome you again to change that perspective and provide you an enjoyable experience.

Katie, concierge is to provide service to our guests, information about our Vacation Club and that we welcome any and all to visit and gain more knowledge about the Club Melia Vacation concept. This is an invitation which should not create any negative feelings of obligation on the part of our guests, I deeply apologize for the impression you may have received, as this is definitely not our intention.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

Best Regards,

Pablo Cogolludo
santiago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had a great time at you hotel! It was awesome. I went with my best friends and we absolutely loved Gabi Beach and had a good time with the guys from the bar. I enjoy every second from my arrival untill I left, I can't wait to come back. Beautiful beach, beautiful hotel, excellent service, everything was great! These were my best vacations ever! I'm thinking on coming back soon with my family so they can enjoy as well of this great place! You guys are the best in the area!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Mariana,

I feel proud and grateful to receive your comments about your stay in our hotel and it is a pleasure to know how we made your vacation a very special and memorable occasion.

I hope to have the pleasure to host you again in this your home away from home.

Sincerely

Eduardo Perera
Aurora, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This place was great -- we were put up here after being bumped from our flight and ended up having an amazing time. Compared to our first hotel, this one was much more European in style and clientele. We liked the food and the grounds were beautiful and expansive. There was a little construction going on, but it wasn't a big deal. One of the restaurants was out of steak, which was disappointing and overall, service was not as good. Our room was nice, but more modern than I like. The dance club was a blast!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pablo C, Resident Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Brooke,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the location, the food and the grounds and concerned to hear that we fell short with our attention service.
Brooke, hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you again.
Regarding to the construction I´m glad to inform you that is all set! Is our new Gabi Beach! Please come back soon! I believe you are going to like the new changes here.

Best Regards

Pablo Cogolludo,
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Terribly diappointed in this "5 star" resort after we had our safe broken into the first day! Management made us feel like the criminals and we were overall disgusted with their service. Thanks to the great group we were with we still had a fun time. Would NOT recommend this resort! Rooms leaked, door deadbolts didn't work, window locks were broken...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Elizabeth,

Forgive me for taking longer time to answer your message but it was important for me to look deeply into your situation. It is a shame that you had an experience of this kind while staying at the hotel.

Notwithstanding I understand your displeasure, we are very concerned about the security of our guests and therefore the possibilities of that a situations like this occur in our facilities are one in a thousands.

According to Paradisus Resorts procedures, we investigated the events occurred during your stay and we assure you that we attached a great importance to your comments and they are taken with our maximum interest.

Elizabeth please, accept my apologies and do not hesitate in contact me if you wish to talk about it in more detail in private. Pablo.cogolludo@paradisuspc.com

Regards,

Pablo Cogolludo
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I just returned on Nov. 30/12 from a week long stay at this large property. In determining which resort we would stay at a number of factors came into play in making the final decision. We firstly wanted a direct flight from Ottawa, second we didn't want a long trip from the airport, third we wanted to play golf and not travel a great distance each day for it. We also wanted a resort with a minimum four star rating and one that was sizable enough to have a good variety of restaurants.

Having been to Bavaro Beach previously we knew we were going to be on a beautiful beach where could walk miles of great sand, palm trees with a surf we could play in. The Paradisus Punta Cana through Nolitours met all the criteria and included free golf (cart extra) at Cocotal Golf Club, which was a big saving as we played 4 rounds. The best decision we made once choosing the Paradisus was going with the Royal Service upgrade. This option made us truly feel pampered by some exceptional staff who made sure every detail of our stay was accommodated. I must single out Inosca Reyes at concierge, Juan Jiminez and Ruddy Peguero at butler services, Johanna of maid services as well as Juan and Matiel who served us drinks at our private beach. Going with Royal Service gave us a building location very close to the beach ( building #1) which is a great upgrade from having to take a shuttle from the back of the property in the Reserve section. We had an as mentioned private beach with plenty large double thick mattress lounge chairs and drink service you don't get elsewhere.

Our room had a well maintained mini bar fridge with rum, wine, beer, pop and water plus snacks. The bed was very comfortable and the staff gave you a choice of five different pillow options to suit your needs. I tried a couple different ones just to kick tires! Our room also had a double shower stall with no lack of hot water or pressure.

At the concierge office, internet computers were available which made daily contact to home available if desired. Inosca made us daily reservations at our restaurant choice which was better than having to wait and see what we could get into if we weren't Royal. Golf tee times were made for us and shuttle service to the lobby was always booked and timely so we never had an issue with possible missing the free bus shuttle to the golf course.

The restaurants we enjoyed were the most were Sakura- Japanese, Vita- Italian, Terra- steakhouse. There is also an exclusive restaurant for Royal guests called La Palapa. The food portions are not large but there was never an issue if you wished to order more. All our dinner meals were fresh and tasty with the Japanese where cooked in front of you being a highlight. The breakfast buffet options were adequate with Gabi Beach having an omelet station. There is certainly a Dominican influence in the food selection with a variety of local specialties.

For us it was a week of relaxation together and not having to concern ourselves with details that Royal Service covered made the trip that much better. Others who rate the property negatively certainly couldn't have been in Royal Service as we had no issues that weren't addressed in a timely manner.

Thank you Royal Service Staff.

Room Tip: Royal Service with a request to be building #1