The good: the rooms were large and beautiful. We loved the personal cabanas outside each room, and the resort had a great beach with lots of huts and chairs.
The bad: the service was terrible. It was impossible to get a cup of coffee in the mornings - we had to spend about 10 minutes each morning flagging the coffee guy down, and it almost seemed like he purposely avoided us. The food was only okay, ranging to bad: the buffet restaurant openly served last night's leftovers for breakfast and lunch, nothing was seasoned properly, and the only restaurant that was genuinely "good" was the steakhouse.
The worst: the constant harassment by people trying to sell you outings and vacation packages. When we got to the resort, we were not allowed to check into the room without first talking to a "personal concierge" who was really just a salesman trying to sell us some sort of vacation package. We rejected his offer of a "free breakfast and tour of the resort" (um, the resort is all-inclusive, why do we need your "free" breakfast at the buffet when its already free?), but then had to avoid him every day from then on because he was always in the buffet restaurant trying to talk to us. There are also salesmen stationed outside the main beach building trying to sell you day trips - every time we had to use the bathroom, get a drink, or have breakfast or lunch we were accosted. It made for a very stressful time, and totally negated the beauty and overall luxury of the resort.
Bottom line: don't allow solicitation on the resort premises and improve the service and this hotel would go a long way towards getting 5 stars. As is, not worth it.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury Suites and an exclusive Garden Villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own Casino, an incredible Spa For Kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The Resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 Royal Service Suites and 4 Ambassador Oceanview Suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront Garden Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts US, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Amex, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.