It's our third time at a Melia resort (1 time at Paradisus Palma Real and 2 times at Paradisus Punta cana). This time we stayed at the "reserve" because it seemed nicer and had dedicated area for kids.
What we liked:
-Beautiful grounds and landscapes
-Great pools (clean) and kiddies pools
-Concierge service (for restaurant reservations)
-Gifts offered to our kids
-Accommodation at the reserve (big family concierge 1 bedroom suite, on the 3rd floor)
- Staff in general is very nice (you need to speak a bit of spanish)
-Casino on site and another one also 5 minutes away outside of the resorts (if you like Craps)
-Themed restaurant (Sakura and Terra did not disappoint)
- Public Bathrooms are everywhere really clean!!!
-Cellular phone was given for the duration of our stay
-Wifi in our room and on property for free (good quality and reception)
-Beach chairs (with cushions and umbrella) were reserved for us everyday first row in front of the ocean
what we did not like:
-Being tricked into signing for a Melia Club Card upon check in (we did not at the end)
-Food is really below average (buffet at Gabi by the reserve was ok, and Sakura and Terra were nice, but aside from that the rest was really poor) and we are not picky eaters!!
-Room service takes forever and always came cold (even coffee in the morning) to be fair, one time we asked for an item that was not on the menu for our kids (mash potatoes) and they did a fresh one just for us, so they are nice anyway.
-Concierge was nice and helpful but we would have liked to get the gifts on the first day since it included a set of kids bath supplies and few toys (our stay was 4 nights).
-Room on the 3rd floor without elevator (hard for stroller and 2 kids with a large beach bag) although in the end, we were glad we were on high floor as we like to sleep late and they was no noise coming from the pool.
At the end of the day it all comes down to the food. Back in 2004 there were lobsters and a lot of choice of buffet food of top quality, now no lobsters (maybe at royal service?). We did had a nice vacation and we would comeback, but they have to do something about the food. The reserve is really a great place to stay because it has everything for kids, it's also quieter even if it's not right on the beach (you can walk 10 mins or take a shuttlem the reserve has EXpress shuttle running all day long to the beach and restaurants without any stops). If you do stay at the reserve, consider to be by the kids pools because you will have less noise from the pool bar at night (if you put your kids early to bed).
A+++ to the Kids Zone team, they are caring, sweet and very nice.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury Suites and an exclusive Garden Villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own Casino, an incredible Spa For Kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The Resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 Royal Service Suites and 4 Ambassador Oceanview Suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront Garden Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Melia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.