“Sun, sand and smiles!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro | Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to $1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #26 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Singapore, Singapore
“Sun, sand and smiles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Although I gotta wake up early to catch the flight from the chilly New York, I was well compensated by everything I experienced in Paradisus. Loved the villa with big in-room jacuzzi.

Enjoyed the free-flow drinks served by genuinely friendly staffs and the delicious cuisine. There is no need to worry about gratuity calculation as this is all-inclusive. Love the private beach where you can do surfing, parasailing or just taking a stroll on this paradise.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Pablo C, Resident Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear guest,

I have to say I love the title of your review! That´s what sums up Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for the shout out and I’m glad to read that it was worth it getting up early! Come back soon!

Best Wishes,

4,647 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (877)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was our second vacation visit to Paradisus Punta Cana, and we are planning to go back next year. This fact speaks for itself. From the moment we arrived, the staff was attentive, helpful and friendly. The grounds are beautiful; the rooms clean and comfortable and the restaurants offer a delicious variety of menus. There is a convenient and frequent shuttle service on the premises, but walking is always enjoyable in the luscious greenery of the resort. The biggest attraction for us is the beach. It is well maintained - lounge chairs and palm umbrellas for everyone, and one does not feel crowded. The spa is highly recommended - the massage was unbelievable! This resort is THE place to relax, be pampered and enjoy time with friends.

Room Tip: We prefer rooms on the second floor because of the beautiful garden view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pablo C, Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Olena,
Thank you for embracing us as your destiny for your precious vacation each year! It's people like you that help keep the Paradisus Punta Cana spirit alive!

See you next year!

Kind regards

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just returned home from a wonderful vacation at Paradisus Punta Cana. Our family of four had a great time. It was both fun and relaxing. There was something for everyone. The place is beautiful and the shows/entertainment at night were great and really brought everyone together! But most importantly, the staff was amazing. They were all really friendly and professional. They really made sure you had a good time! We really connected on the beach with Julio Nice and Edrey! They made sure we had fun and the kids were entertained. At night they took special attention to make sure the kids were having fun and engaged. My daughter misses them both. They really had a positive impact on our vacation. We also must give a shout out to one of the best bartenders....Jorge Vilorio in the lobby bar. Whether he was making a martini for my husband, a Cosmo for me (best I ever had by the way), a Roy Rogers for my son or a banana mudslide for my daughter he was so nice and welcoming. Even when the bar was crowded, he made you feel like you were the only ones there. The biggest criticism we had was the push to get you to attend a sales pitch by your concierge. We respectfully declined.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

It filled my mood with happiness to hear you enthusiastic about your experience!
Those martinis and cosmos are waiting to be enjoyed by you in your anticipated return! And of course bring the kids! We will amuse them in our Kid´s zone.

Thank you for your words, our associates does not get tired of reading them and taking joy in what they do! As well for your criticism, we will definitely check on that.

Greetings,

Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I were at this amazing resort Nov. 11-18 and I have to say that it is truely Paradise on earth. We have been to other resorts in Punta Cana, but nothing like this amazing property. The service is excellent. The staff is the friendliest and always willing to help if you need anything. We had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Ivan Galarza, room Div. Manager. A true gentleman and the hardest working manager that I have ever met. He was everywhere in the resort at all hours, morning to late evening, overlooking the opening of the New Gabi restaurant on the Beach. A true Gem. A beautiful multi function restaurant. Great food. Congratulations for a job well done. We would like to thank Ivan for his true hospitality. The grounds and the main lobby of this Beautiful resort are absolutely Impeccable. The only way to describe it is "Paradise" Many restaurants to choose from and they are all very good. We recommend the ROYAL SERVICE. We can not wait to come back to our favourite resort.
Thank you from Emily and Peter Sigalas, Thornhill Ont. Canada

Room Tip: Royal Service, rooms near the beach and all the restaurants. Great service.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Emily and Peter,

Thanks for sharing your lovely comments about your recent stay with us in Paradisus Punta Cana. We do try and pride ourselves on proactive and caring service and Ivan of course does it awesome!

Thank you for recommending us; we appreciate your loyalty and of course good taste...Come back and visit us again soon!!

Greetings,
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this gorgeous resort for 1 week this November. Our vacation was so outstanding that it inspired me to join tripadvisor just to write this review. It was our first time in the DR and second all inclusive vacation. The second day we were there someone said that the island's catch phrase should be "manana, manana," which simply put means "tomorrow, tomorrow." It helped me relaxed into the casual life in the DR and realize that hustle bustle and rushing is not the island way. Life at this resort is casual, easy and total relaxation! If you are looking for a place to party and go hard then this may not be your best choice...

First of all the resort and grounds are outstanding. The landscaping is breathtaking and manicured daily. The entire resort is very large and shuttle buses drive around frequently and you can hop on and off. If waiting is not your thing then I would suggested royal service because you get a private golf cart to drive you around. The diamond in the crown of this resort is beach. I can only describe it as if someone plucked it out of my dreams and made it reality. My boyfriend and I walked up and down the beach and passed by other resorts. The Paradisus section of the beach was by far the best maintained (seaweed was cleaned off the beach every morning).

Second, the food was excellent! Lots of care is taken to make sure you are happy and well fed at each restaurant. The japanese and steakhouse were exceptional even by Canadian standards and we also really enjoyed the chinese restaurant. One of the sweetest women, Elena, seemed to work at every restaurant and treated us with 5 star service. We also paid $40 and went to FUEGO and had an amazing 7 course tasting menu. I would recommend this everyone and well worth every penny. The maitre'd is a Spanish women who is very proud of this restaurant and treated us as if we were in her home. Anyone who says anything bad about the food on this resort is either talking about the wrong resort or having withdrawls from McDonalds!

The entertainment and service at this resort is really what made the trip for me. Everynight is a show in the theatre followed by dancing in the lobby. It is high energy and really becomes a meeting ground for everyone on the resort at night. The entertainment staff are highly entertaining and really interact with all the guests and make sure everyone is having fun! Romeo was my favorite of the entertainment crew! He is so sweet and he represents this resort with the highest standards. Julio is also a great additon to the entertainers as well! So much energy! The lobby bar at night turns into the place to be! The bartending crew who work here are a dynamic team of guys! From Lorenzo dancing with a bottle his head to Danny making the best Bahama Mama, to Felipe and Kelvin working their butts off. These guys should be given a raise! They work so hard and always wear a big smile. Not to be left out is Juan and Rodolfo at the main pool bar. Great guys and outstanding service!

The ONE and ONLY con I have about this resort is small but incredibly annoying. There are guys who wear all white who claim to be "concierge." My best advice to you would be to avoid these people and not make eye contact! They are there by the resort to get you to "tour" the property and sign up for some club with Melia. They are pushy and end up wasting precious time which could be spent at the beach! They also seem totally shocked when you say you aren't intrested in the club/tour. I'm surprised that at such an outstanding resort the management allow this low level sales tactics to continue. In saying that, their annoyance is so small when compared to overall Paradisus experience.

My final message is...STAY HERE! We had one of the most memorable and relaxing vacations and we will return here someday soon!

Room Tip: We staying in section 20 and thought it was ideal. Close to all the restaurants and the beach.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lesley,

Wow!! What can I say?!! Reading a comment like yours pleasantly leaves me speechless!
THANK YOU SOO MUCH!
I hope this is the first of many visits to our paradise!

Best Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is absolutely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. It's amazing how it shines in almost every aspect, the staff is superb, the rooms are beautiful and comfortable, I can't describe how delicious the food is, you simply got to try everything at least once!, be sure to try the Terra restaurant first!. The hotel also offers lots of different shows, for me the best was the Boggie night one, it was so amusing I keep remembering it at random times during the day, I really can't wait to go back and lay on the gorgeous beach again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pablo C, Resident Director at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Willy,

Ensure that our customers remember us from home is the best complement and satisfaction we can achieve!!

Thank you! Our sunset awaits you!

Best Wishes,
Resident Director
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I had an excellent stay at Paradisus Punta Cana. The grounds were well taken care of and beautiful. The rooms covered every amenity one could need. The food was ok. We visited during a slow month so not all of the restaurants were open. We had a great time relaxing on the beach and at the pool but the best part was the people we met. The staff truly made our trip enjoyable and kept us smiling the entire time. I must thank Roberto Espinal, Danny Romero, Juan Castillo, and William for taking such good care of us and making us laugh. It's impossible not to have fun around these guys!

My only criticism is that we were pressured into a 90 minute sales pitch by our concierge. Although, our sales rep, Raphael, managed to make it fun, I recommend avoiding and spending your time on better activities.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Pablo C, Resident Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Malinda,

You immediately pick up on our strongest asset; the Paradisus family, as we call it. Whether it is Roberto Espinal, Danny Romero, Juan Castillo, and William, they all have one thing in common; a sincere and inherent desire to look after and make our guests experience memorable!

Thank you so much!

We are hoping to see you back very soon!

Best Regards,

Pablo Cogolludo.
Resident Manager

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!