“Great Staff and Beautiful Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro | Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to $1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #26 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
River Edge, New Jersey
“Great Staff and Beautiful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This resort is very beautiful and the staff very friendly. There is a large hotel staff around to assist, direct and make you feel more comfortable and all are very courteous and pleasant. Every member of the staff greets you during your stay. I would especially like to mention Edrey, Julio and Cesar who went out of their way to make us feel comfortable, welcome and make our beach time fun! The pool near the beach is beautiful with a great swim up bar and the rooms are very nicely designed and appointed. My husband and I attended with a group of people for a destination wedding. The wedding at the beach gazebo was made very special and beautiful - again with workers going out of their way to help. I was impressed that the resort is still building and improving.

Room Tip: Try to get a room within walking distance to the beach.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pablo C, Resident Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear guest,

I’m glad you enjoyed the wedding and our services, as you said we keep improving ourselves in order to gratify our customers as they expect.

Best wishes,

Pablo Cogolludo,

4,653 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (877)
georgetown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a great time at this resort. 7 nights and 8 days were just right. Service was good, drinks serviced on the beach, a la carte restaurants were very nice. Steak house Terra was the best, Japanese was very good, the cook put on a great show and the food was good! Golf was great, very nice course for us not so great golfers. It did rain so we had to cat path only so lots of walking but that's ok. Nathanael organized everything for us thank you and great job!! Petey at the beach was great! Up grade to royal service is really worth it! They had a lot of construction on the go so that caused some of the a la carte restaurants were closed this was disappointing as I would have loved to try the seafood. The beach is beautiful with the large beach beds and very nice lounge chairs. . We got it for a very good deal last minute, so we would return to this resort. Andy Ontario

Room Tip: Get a second floor room view is better and sunshine into room is nicer.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pablo C, Resident Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Andy,

It is nice to know that you enjoyed the services we had available while your stay, we are working hard to improve our products and services to provide our guests a better experience and fulfill their expectations.
It is my pleasure to inform you that we just opened our new Gabi Beach and we are renewing the restaurants to add more variety so hopefully for your next stay you will also enjoy the restaurants Aqua, Mole, Vento, La Palapa, Gabi Club, Palazzo and be able to scort us with a 5.
Andy, we hope to welcome you back soon!.
Thank you for being so comprehensive!

Best Regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had our destination wedding at Paradisus Punta Cana in September 2012, to say it was amazing is an understatement! We were considering many resorts to have our wedding, and it was difficult choosing one without having visited any; needless to say we made the right choice. I wanted to make sure to pick a family-friendly resort because we had about forty guests coming to our wedding, almost ten of which were children.

Review on resort itself:

When we got to the resort, we are all VERY impressed. Our transfer through the travel agency from the airport was in a big bus with people who were staying at all different resorts in the Punta Cana area, and ours was the last stop so we got to see a lot of the different resorts near by and I have to say Paradisus was definitely one of the nicest. Some of our guests had been staying at another resort for one week prior to our wedding (they came early on their own to celebrate their anniversary), and when they checked into the Paradisus for the weekend of our wedding, and they were blown away by the quality of service, the resort itself, the rooms, and especially they FOOD! They had been staying at another nearby all inclusive and they said even with the 9 restaurants there, they barely ate anything because the food was not good. I was scared initially for all my guests hearing this, but we were really impressed by all the restaurants. The wait time, the service, the food was great and best of all, there was lots of variety. My family having a lot of the diet restrictions that we have, (no pork, a lot of them don't eat meat, etc...) there was always great options for everyone at every restaurant. Overall, the resort itself was nice, beautiful, they really keep it well-maintained. The rooms were also wonderful. spacious, and nice decor, which is a nice touch :) Again, the family who had come for the other resort commented on how much nicer the rooms were here. The staff was extremely friendly everywhere we went. Always cheerful, a smile on their face, and greeting guests which was refreshing!

Because I was there for my wedding, I did not get to enjoy all of the amenities at the resort as much as my guests did, but from what I know, they had a fabulous time. Because it was all inclusive, they were able to go para sailing and bungee-jumping for absolutely FREE which was awesome! Some of them wanted to do other excursions and it was very convenient that the resort has a desk set up with people to help you easily sign up of them. My family members went on a dune buggy tour of the island where they took you inside a natural cave with a spring and to a private beach; my husband and I later went on a helicopter tour which was also easily set up by the helpful, friendly guest services staff.

They have a great set-up for kids and they post a schedule up for guests to see if you drop your kids off to the kids club which is great. It's very organized, and again our guests who had stayed at the other resort loved this because at the other resort they didn't really know what their kids were doing at what time.

The resort has shows almost every night of the week, and although I did not get to see them because I was occupied with my wedding, some of my guests went ant enjoyed it, so the entertainment is a plus.

Destination Wedding Review:

Planning a wedding from hundreds of miles away can be very stressful; to add to that, we planned ours in a little over one month. One great thing about Paradisus Punta Cana is that they have a wedding team office in Miami to work with brides in the U.S. planning their destination weddings there! This is great because we do not have to deal with international calls or language barriers, Initially when speaking to a couple of other resorts in the Punta Cana area, it was very difficult to communicate because of the language barriers. However, the coordinator that assisted us from their office in Miami was not as helpful as we expected. The wait time for a response was extremely long (sometimes we went one week without hearing from her), and until my destination wedding coordinator from home stepped in and emailed them when our wedding date was approaching and we still had nothing finalized, we had no luck getting anywhere with our planning process. I realize part of the reason was that we had such a short amount of time, and this was not their fault. Also, I do realize that we had some extenuating circumstances with our wedding because it was culturally different, that may have prevented the planning process from going as smoothly as someone who did not have these situations. And of course, this is not their fault.

The wedding staff I dealt with at the actual resort was a world of a difference from what I experienced through the phone with the ones in Miami. I worked with Elizabeth, the wedding coordinator at the resort and she was amazing! She was VERY sweet, and she genuinely cared to make sure all of our needs were met. The day after I got there we had an appointment and she went over each and every detail of the wedding to make sure we were on the same page about everything. If any last minute changes needed to be made, she easily made them and was very helpful. She brought to my attention how I didn't have music picked out, and even helped me pick it out right then. She then took us to show us the exact places our wedding ceremony, reception, and day-after dinner event would be. The locations were all more beautiful than the pictures. We had our ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour next to the gazebo (very beautiful), reception on the beach, and next day dinner event in the garden. They had other locations which I thought were gorgeous too, (I think lobby balcony looked very unique and I wanted it but our number of guests were too large to fit), but they were better suited for a couple with a smaller wedding. For wedding decor, we wanted to keep it as simple as possible ( I wanted the natural beauty to stand out since it was on the beach), so it was very simple but exactly how we wanted it. The day of the actual events, everything went smoothly. The wedding staff were all very accommodating to the fact that this was not a traditional American wedding, so although they were not familiar with all of our customs, they were very polite, respectful, and helpful. The ceremony went well, but we had one mishap (a huge mishap) that happened. Our little ring bearer dropped the rings off of the pillow ( I guess they were not tied as securely as they should have been) We didn't realize until after we said our I do's, the ceremony was performed and we were ready to exchange rings... all of our guests started crawling on the sand like ants to look for our rings! It was quite the scene. All of the wedding staff was very helpful. They even brought out metal detectors and started looking for the rings in the sand...after a good while of looking, we determined the rings were long gone and almost gave up, when one of the staff members found one!! It was VERY noble and genuine of him to return it :) later the other one was found. (thank God!!) after the ceremony, everyone moved over to cocktail hour which was great. Our family does not drink alcohol, and they were able to replace alcohol with a few more appetizers for us and they had a nice non-alcoholic bar with juices which was awesome. Again, the appetizers were great and even afterward at the reception, the guests raved about the food. The next day, we had our reception in the garden and it was gorgeous. The resort's garden area is very lush and beautiful. The coordinator had worked with us to come up with a custom menu for this day, and once again, the food and everything was great. The only downfall I can think of for each of the events was the heat, which is inevitable when you are having an outdoor event in the Caribbean. Besides the sweat and the mosquitos, everything was perfect!

Also, during the ceremony, because it was on the beach, every bride should keep in mind this is still the public beach for the resort so you will have MANY onlookers, a huge audience, and random strangers taking pictures of your wedding... I didn't mind mostly, but it got annoying when I had a lot of random strangers in their swimsuits in the background of my pictures and just passing by or standing very close to the guests. It would have been nice if the coordinators could politely emphasize this is a private event and have them leave....

A few other things worth mentioning- the resort photographer, Jouaqui ( I'm not sure if I spelled it right) is amazing!!! Initially, I was scared about this, because the resort requires you to use their photographer...but he is awesome! He was very friendly, fun to work with, and best of all he worked FAST! He got all of our pictures from both days (the wedding and the next day event) done and edited by the time we left the resort. His work was beautiful, shots were amazing, and he meets with you before to ask you what you want, if you would like any special shots, etc. Then again, before you leave the resort, he meets with you to show you all of the pictures in his studio (which is on the resort conveniently) and ask you which ones you want. I was extremely pleased with our pictures. I constantly get compliments from friends and family about my pictures and I owe it all to him!

-I got my hair done at the Spa at the resort and it was fabulous!! She did a great job.

Overall, our wedding experience at the Paradisus Punta Cana was great! I am SO glad we went with this resort, it was definitely the best decision, and I have no regrets at all whatsoever. I HIGHLY recommend this resort for any couple planning to have a destination wedding. I cannot wait to go back with my husband for our anniversary and enjoy more of the resort while on vacation!!

Room Tip: Before the wedding I was staying in the regular rooms to be with all my family and the guests, but a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Let me say a big THANK YOU on behalf of Paradisus Punta Cana´s associates!!!

Best Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

First, I'd like to start saying that the service is sooo slow! Starting with check in and ending with check out! We stayed 1,30 hour for checkin in and another 1,30 hour to get us in the room.
If you are a SolMelia club person, then you can upgrade your room due to availability. We got a royal service room(much better then the reserve). The reserve dosen't worth the money! Believe me!

The food is awful. It dosen't have taste and although they have lots of restaurants, none made us want to eat 2 days in the same place.
I'd say Sakura has a good show and the food is a bit tasty but you really need to reserve it (first at the person from restaurant and then next morning at romantico with another person for confirmation).

The beach is very nice(be aware of the persons that sell cigaretts and all kind of stuff). They ask a big price but you'd be surprises to see you can buy that thing at the 10 price they ask :)) Don't give them big money because they don't have money to change and they will dissapear with your cash.
The same thing is available also for the trips or excursions you want to make in Punta Cana. All prices are bigger.
Go fishing. It's a great experience.

I need to remind about Julio, mini Mike Tyson and Miker. Great people. Play games on the beach and drink strawberry mango :)))

The personal is very nice but very slow.
It's a big resort with hundreds of people working there but still slow...

If I'd need to return to Punta Cana, I'd never go back to Paradisus Punta Cana.
I met some people in Bavaro and all said that Hard Rock is the best hotel there...

• Stayed November 2012
Pablo C, Resident Manager. at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are committed to provide our guests a pleasant vacation, it is disappointed to read that we did not make your stay as exceptional as you expected. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

I really appreciate your review, it is only through our guest feedback that we can improve our areas of opportunity and work hard on them.
I hope you can give us an occasion to serve you again,

Resident Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My six night seven day stay was absolutely amazing. The hotel, the food, the drinks and the people are all around awesome. This is the first time I've been on a vacation where I have zero complaints. The beach is beautiful, as are the pools. Room service is on point, and always readily available regardless of the time in which you may need them. I have to give kudos to Felipe, a bartender in the main lobby where my husband and I spend the night, he made a feel welcomed and very comfortable, he has a great personality and doubles as a comedian, he kept the drinks flowing for us as well as the entertainment, and staff member like Felipe are who can make your hotel stay memorable!

Krystal and Joey - New York!

• Stayed November 2012
Pablo C, Resident Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Krystal and Joey,

To offer our guests a holiday without complaints is why we work hard every day at Paradisus Punta Cana. Welcome to the family,
We hope to see you back soon.
P.S. I will print your comment and give it to Felipe, we are very proud of him!!

Warm regards,
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had 10 great days here-- love this resort! It was our first all-inclusive vacation, and it was awesome! The food was surprisingly good-- excellent quality breakfast. Lunch at the beach grill was always fresh. Dinner restaurants were mostly good-- the steakhouse was our favorite, and we also liked the italian. I did not enjoy Romantico. Sakura is very fun, but it is a real hassle to get reservations-- we stood in line for 45 min in the morning and even if you start at the front of the line, we were turned away because they were already full. After trying for 3 days, we finally got a reservation.

The evening shows are lots of fun and so is the dancing in the lobby after the shows. Loved the afternoon water aerobics/cocktails at the pool and dance lessons with Romeo and the other guys. They do such a good job making sure that everyone has a good time.

The standard room was spacious and comfortable. Our first room was on ground floor and very musty, so after a few days we asked to have our room changed and the second room was much better. We had the standard rooms, but if I were to go again, I would definately pay for the upgrade of the family/royal concierge service. It is much nicer.

At the resort, we went snorkeling twice and had catamaran lessons. We were so pleasantly surprised that this was all part of the all-inclusive! We also did the bungee jumping and that is a wild experience.

We enjoyed massages at the spa. Also had a pedicure, but that was average.

We went on some excursions:
1. Zipline/canopy tour- loved it-- awesome and amazing adventure!!
2. SAfari/Cultural tour-- loved it, and it was a great way to see life outside of the resort.

All in all it was a wonderful vacation to go with families with teens-- we all had a great time.

Room Tip: Our ground level room in the older section was damp and musty; much better when we moved upstairs. R...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Knowing that you and your family had a good time is a big satisfaction for me. Thank you for sharing it with us.
There is more to enjoy in our Paradisus, is a challenge for us to try to make your next visit even more gratifying! We hope to see you in your next vacation!

Best greetings,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Great service and accommodations. Royal Service is a must! Catered to us from beginning to end. Any request was just a phone call away and handled expeditiously. Many food options. Eleven restaurants on site. Salsa lessons on the beach. Entertainment nightly. Spa service and atmosphere did not disappoint- and I love "to spa". Great, relaxing, " girlfriends' getaway!" Kudos to Juan Cruz at the pool bar! Great way to end our vacation! Would definitely do it again.

Dear guest,

With our Royal Service we try to create a very special environment for the adults where we offer a unique and exclusive service. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed of the benefits and services during your stay.
Please come back soon! We are more than happy to serve you.

Greetings,
Resident Manager

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!