“Great hotel and very relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Punta Cana

You added Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #25 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Clay, New York
“Great hotel and very relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just returned from a 6 night stay at this fantastic resort. The grounds, beach and our junior garden room were beautiful. Most of the food at the restaurants was just ok. We did think that the food at Vita was good. We walked the beach each day and the beach at this resort is by far the best in the area. The bartenders at the Lobby Bar, Roberto, Kalvin and Filipe were so much fun and entertaining. They have you laughing as soon as you walk in. Live entertainment at Nova was good and the entertainers come out to the Lobby Bar after the show and get everyone dancing. All of the staff work very hard to make your stay enjoyable. We can't wait to visit again. Thanks for the great memories!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pablo C, Resident Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Laurie,

When I read such a comment I just thought: mission accomplished! We really work hard to create great memories in our guest’s vacation! But our mission haven’t end as we are already working to make your next stay with us more pleasant than the last one!
Thank you for your comment.

Regards,
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,010)
Levittown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a wonderful time on our honeymoon at the paradisus! The main lobby bar was FANTASTIC!!! Kelvin was funny, pleasant, and overall just a great bartendar!!! There was also another bartendar at this bar, his name slips my mind. He would be known as the one who dances with a bottle on his head!!! He was just as fabulous :) We stayed at the reserve, and at the Gabi reastaurant/bar Lorenzo was on point, when he saw us coming, he always knew what our beverage of choice was! Along with Felipe & Oneida! The only downfalls we had to our trip was that the variety of food was not very good. We are not picky eaters, but we couldn't really find anything that we enjoyed. It was a lot of seafood, and we do not eat any seafood, and for us there was times when we couldn't find much for dinner. I think there definitely could have been more of a variety, and less gourmet food. Second downfall was the alcohol. The few drinks i did have were good, but they don't offer any flavored vodka! I love my raspberrry vodka & cranberry juice!! Also the language barrier was more difficult than I thought it would have been. I understand we're in a different country, but I thought since this is a resort where a lot of Americans come that we wouldn't have too much of a problem! Other than those few things, we had a wonderful time! The staff was friendly & accomidating! The property was BEAUTIFULLL!!!!! A true definition of paradise!

Dear Jessica,

It is as wonderful to read your comment concerning the good times you spent in our resort as it is to read your observations about it because it will help us to improve our areas of opportunity.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Best Regards,
X
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have just returned from our 10 days vacation at Paradisus Punta Cana. Its our 4th time in Dom. Republic and 1st time in this hotel. The property is located in an ecological beautifully maintained garden on the one side and the most BEAUTIFUL BEACH on the other side. The security and safety were both very good.

The standard rooms are specious and nicely furnished. We stayed at the royal service room, which are very luxurious, you have everything you need in there including a very spacious and beautiful bathroom, flat tv, included full minibar fridge, beautiful seating area, very comfortable bed and internet.

There is a wide range of restaurants for every taste, which have a very good quality. Our favorites were Vita (Italian), Vento (Meditirian), Sakura (Japanese) and Qi (Chinese). The included wines were surprisingly very good quality too (we have high standards for wine). The Breakfast offers just a fabulous buffet. The room service has a great offer of food too and everything tastes so delicious! The food and beverage manager Mr. Valdez who greatly assisted us with the menus in the restaurants & romantic dinner is an expert.

As mentioned above the beach area is the most beautiful one (people from other hotels would stop to take pictures of this beach). There are very comfortable chairs and beds on the beach (not those cheap ones and uncomfortable like in other hotels besides).
The pool is huge and has enough chairs. You get those big towels on the beach and on the pool and you can always exchange them for new ones If yours gets wet.
The beachside grill is located directly on the beach and you can step in in your swimsuit order something from grill (meat/fish), or a salad, fruits, desserts etc. and eat there or just take it with you! The bars are located almost everywhere: on the beach, on the pools, in the main lobby or by the restaurants.

The staff is very warm and welcoming and they will do their best to meet your needs! During our stay we got to know Mr. Juan Nathanael Perez, the Guest Service Manager, who is very dedicated to the hotel, he has always an ear for his guests and does EVERYTHING to make the guests happy and coming back to this hotel! He is a very helpful and caring manager and HE made our vacation to something very special!!! As a frequent traveller we do not experience something like this a lot.

The royal service staff, were all very nice (special thanks to Enrique)! As we understood this hotel is managed by the very experienced and well respected manager Rafael Torres, like the other paradisus hotel “palma real“ too.

We talked to some other guests and they ALL were very glad with their choice of this hotel! We would highly recommend this hotel!!

Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with a trip to this resort. It was fantastic. I surprised him with upgrading to the Royal Service. I'm so glad I did. I really think it made a difference, and he really loved it as well.

Highlights:
The Royal Service was wonderful. Ruben made our welcome wonderful, and throughout the week was very helpful and a lot of fun. Benita, the bartender at the royal service pool was funny and had a great sense of fun. We made sure that we found time every day to go visit her.One (Onessimo sp?) was attentive as well. If we had any questions or needed help for anything, the ladies in the Royal Service office were always extremely helpful, and patient. We might have been a little high maintenance. But they always responded with a smile.

Main lobby bar - Kelvin was hilarious, and really made our evenings enjoyable and the start of our days with a grin.

Unfortunately I don't remember the names of everyone that gave us great service. Because it was pretty much EVERYONE. Even the grounds keepers were always friendly with a smile and a hello. One day, while my husband and I were feeding the turtles from the bridge, a grounds keeper offered to cut up a coconut for us. It was a really unexpected, nice gesture that left an impression.

We've been to several all inclusive resorts, this one, by far, had the best, friendliest services.
We will definitely come back, and we would recommend it to everyone.

Thank you for a wonderful vacation. The relaxed, easy, fun mood we acquired there still remains here with us at home!

the Franks

Dear Guest,

Congratulations for your anniversary and thank you so much for making us part of such an important celebration.
It was a real pleasure serving you here.
Paradisus Punta Cana´s team is hoping to see you next year if not before!

Best Regards,

Pablo Cogolludo,
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My fiancé and I got back from our site visit in Punta Cana, DR. We are planning a wedding there next year, so we went to check out some resorts that we are considering for us and our guests. And while everything is still fresh in my memory, I wanted to share my thoughts with you…

Paradisus Punta Cana

PROs – the nicest looking resort of all the ones that we saw. Very modern, very sleek. Rooms were amazing, especially the upgraded and renovated ones (about 60% of rooms at the resort have been renovated in the past year). The grounds were very nicely kept, interior of restaurants was tastefully executed. The beach and the pools were beautiful.

CONs – the resort offers rooms at 3 different price points (standard, the reserve, and royal service). Depending on which room you get, there are amenities you can and can’t use such as restaurants, bars, and pools. We really hated that segregation. We were afraid that our guests that didn’t pay top dollar for their rooms would feel left out or would feel bad because they would not be able to dine at the same restaurants or use the same pool areas. Similarly, people that will pay for more expensive rooms may have to “downgrade” in order to hang out with other guests at the areas where everyone can be together.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pablo C, Resident Director at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Anya,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.
Anya, since a few years, we are immersed in a renovation of our products, services and experiences to surprise our regular and new guests.
I hope you allow us to be part of such an important celebration as it is your weeding! We work really hard to try to provide our customers good memories as they expect.
I will be more than happy to personally explain you in more detail about all this improvement and thrill you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I just came back from a 5 day stay. I had an amazing time. The resort is just beautiful with beautiful gardens, beautiful beach.
My husband and I went to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and from the moment we entered the resort we were greeted by our concierge Manuel, he was very helpful. Check in was very fast and with no hassle. The food was good, one place I truly recommend trying out is Fuego, it isn't part of the all inclusive but we were lucky enough to get an invitation from the staff as a gift on our anniversary night. And wow the food tasted amazing and the staff was so polite and helpful.
I truly enjoyed the nightly entertainment and the live music. The club was beautiful and they play good music.
The pool is very nice and big with enough place to sit and the people at the pool bar are very friendly.
Overall, I have no complaints I truly recommend this resort to everyone and I will definitely be going back.

Dear guess,

Thank you so much for choosing Paradisus Punta Cana as a destiny to celebrate your first year anniversary it was our pleasure to serve you!
I didn’t have the pleasure to meet you while you were here so allow me to extend you and your husband my sincerest congratulations on your anniversary.
I love to hear that you enjoy so many aspects of our little paradise it is a shame that you could not stay longer with us!
Our associates and i are so ready to welcome you back on your second anniversary if not before!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We was there for 10 days, the resort is very beautiful, the staff is so friendly. At the beginning we had some problems with our room and getting in restaurant, we meet with Nathanael, he really help us, after that in every place we find Nathaniel, waiting for us, he made sure that every meals was great experience. Thanks!!! We'll be back soon!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, Resident Director at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Clark,

It is an honor for me to know that you are part of the Paradisus Punta Cana family
This is your home, and of course we want to see you back soon!
Clark, as I’m new here I would look forward to meeting you personally in your next visit,

Greetings,
Pablo.Cogolludo@paradisuspc.com

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!