When we booked at the Reserve and payed good money for the upgrade in a supposedly quiet and upscale environnement inside the Paradisius, we weren't ready for what was awaiting us. On the first day of our stay (Saturday morning), 1500 Dominicans flooded the hotel in one single afternoon. The hotel went from 30% to 90 % full. From that point on, no rules applied to these folks. Any reserved area on the beach for the Reserve was ignored. By 8am, all the chairs were taken by regular guess and management didn't really cared when it was reported. They told us to get there earlier! The pool area for the Reserve was also assaulted by swarms of Dominicans that found that pool more enjoyable than the regular one. I'm writting this review from my balcony and I'm looking at a extremely noisy noodle soup in the pool...
To make sure I'm making a proper review, I have to say that the hotel rooms at the Reserve are nice and spacious. Service is left to be desired. Couldn't get anybody to turn down the bed for my daugther sleeping on the sofa even after three requests answered positively. Food is OK...nothing special.
In conclusion, I feel cheated. We wanted a quiet vacation away from the crowds and we believe their advertisement. Instead this hotel put me right inside the hornet's nest....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury Suites and an exclusive Garden Villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own Casino, an incredible Spa For Kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The Resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 Royal Service Suites and 4 Ambassador Oceanview Suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront Garden Villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort