“Great trip thanks to LivingSocial!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Punta Cana Resort & Club

You added Punta Cana Resort & Club to your Saves list
Punta Cana Resort & Club
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Provincia La Altagracia, Higuey, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #72 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Great trip thanks to LivingSocial!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This resort has some great food and good drinks.

The rooms aren't the greatest as the beds are hard, the pillows suck, and the showers are pretty awful.

However since you won't be staying in the room, the resort itself is beautiful with great white sand beaches, palm trees everywhere, and awesome restaurants.

We were here on a LivingSocial deal which gave us an all inclusive stay for four nights for only $400. Without this deal this hotel would be way too expensive as it's $96/night plus $95 per person per night for the all inclusive. Making it somewhere around $375 per night with the taxes figured in.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed at the PUNTACANA Hotel 4 years ago, and, when presented with a chance to return, did so without hesitation. When we arrived, we were warmly welcomed by the staff and driven to our room in a golf cart. The room had air conditioning and a nice bed, it was clean and refreshing. Our only room complaint was that the safe needed a big, clunky key, and a hefty deposit.

We had the continental breakfast plan. The dining room for breakfast is right on the beach, with a gorgeous view. The breakfast is very good, with many choices. For the other meals, we ate at a couple of their restaurants and found them to be way too pricey for the food quality and quantity. in other words, the food was perfectly good, but very, very expensive.

We appreciated the free Wi-Fi in the lobby area, as well as the overhead fans to keep the air movie. We love walking through the resort, from the beach to the ecological area, to the nature preserve across the way. The staff was awesome and accommodating.

We would definitely recommend the PUNTACANA Hotel to friends, and have, in fact, done so!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with queen or king sized bed, as there are rooms with twin beds.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Guthrie, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary here at this resort. On the last and final morning, hours before our departure, after packing up our belongings, we decided to take a last minute dip in the pool. An hour later we returned to our room only to find my diamond wedding ring had been stolen! This was so devestating to my husband and I. Management was uncooperative! They had us fill out a report but nothing was ever done! I was never contacted nor was there ever an invesitgation into what key was used to enter the room. My wedding ring was so sentimental to me! This ring was slightly bent on the inside where my daughter hit her first softball and I caught it bare handed, leaving an indention. I had told her I would never get it fixed so she could have that ring when something happened to me and she would always remember that moment! I have also learned theft is a common occurance at this property. DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU! THEY DO NOT CARE!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The service was great and the food was amazing. The beaches are crystal clear and they have beautiful natural reserves within the property. They resort promotes local children education and ecological perservation which i thought was very influential. There is one restaurant on the water, with crystal floor, which allows you to see the ocean at your feet while you enjoy a beautiful sunset or dinner. The resort is very spacious which allows for a lot of alone time... they have a lot of family and children activities as well. This resort is very much similar to Hacienda Pinilla in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Colonia, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We just returned from a honeymoon with our infant son. I will start with the good.........the reason we booked this trip was due to the reviews regarding the Baby Care Club - we have a 7 month old and this was very important. The staff at the Baby Care was exceptional.............and the remaining staff was also wonderful, especially the housekeeping and restaurant staff..............the manner in which the food is served (all open area) had a lot of flies and birds in and out.......and the food sits out for hours each day......(12-3) and 6:30 to 9:30)...........as a result, I suffered a severe bout with traveler's diarrhea..........as did our baby son and this was tough.........they do have onsite doctors who told me this is quite common..........but I think with safer food practices, this could be avoided. Other resorts that have restaurants I have not had issues with in the Caribbean, including St. Lucia and Jamaica...........

Also, all inclusive is not really the case....on the bars they are pushing moet chandon...but this is an "extra" fee, as are many of the liquors on display behind the bar.............

The bathroom in our room was a little beat up and the walls in bad shape.............

There are activities all day long....that was nice also...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Panama City Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The resort is nice but nothing spectacular. The food was set up as a buffet line. The only problem I saw is that the food was left unattended before they actually started lunch and I witnessed birds flying on to some of the dishes and picking out food. Service is extremely slow. The food is way over priced. I have been to other countries and this is the most expensive place by far. The beaches are nice but the crew seems to get in the way a lot and take naps in the bushes. All of their vehicles i.e. work trucks, vans, golf carts, tractors, use the sidewalks and go fast so be careful when using it for walking. When we went to check out it took over 30 minutes. Everyone checking out had issues. They overcharged some people and it took forever to remove the charges. Also they gave us difficulty about leaving. They argued with some of our memebers that they had not paid and checked out of their rooms even though they had the recipts to prove it. They even made one guy get out of our taxi so he could prove that he paid. I will never go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I traveled in March 2011. I met a few of my best girlfriends here for my 30th and we really enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were clean and a decent size with nice welcome with rose petals in the bathroom. The breakfast buffet and restaurants weren't all that great. The staff was nice...even nicer after tips, but definitely moved on Caribbean time. We signed up to go on a tour that didn't happen, but after we inquired they found someone to take us so that was nice. The beaches were decent and their were random hammocks everywhere which was nice. The spa was phenomenal! Overall, it was a great celebration with friends, we found a great deal and it was just what I needed for a bday and break from grad school. However, at time it did feel a little too "mega-resort-ish" for me and if I went back to the DR, I'd probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Punta Cana Resort & Club? Share your experiences!