I had the most enjoyably relaxing week at this resort. Went the 2nd week in July so it was not that busy which I'm sure made the service all the better. You can do all inclusive but would recommend not if you don't want to be regimentive to eating times to get all your meals. The food by the way was out of this world good and their pizza is extremely good.
Staff was extremely friendly despite any language barriers. (google translate works wonders). Starting at check-in to concierge to the wait staff.
As a former professional golfer I was extremely anxious to play the two golf courses on site. They are beautiful and worth every penny to play if you love golf like I do. The holes along the ocean are gorgeous and you have to stop and take pictures it's so nice.
The 6 sense spa was great as well. The daily massage was the perfect end of day experience before heading out for cocktails and dinner. First class all the way!
The room I had was a full two story suite. Downstairs there is a couch and and chairs and a beautiful view of the bluest ocean you will ever see. Upstairs is the master bedroom and full bath. Down stairs has a full bath as well. The only oversight that I noticed and felt was the lack of a ceiling fan up stairs. The suites are on the third floor so upstairs will naturally be hotter as heat rises. A ceiling fan would work wonders. You can also request a mini fridge for downstairs. They are on availability basis so make sure to get one upon making your reservation.
Also I would highly recommend renting a golf cart for your length of stay. The resort is spread out so You would need it in my opinion. It saves alot of walking and you can also use it as your cart to play golf.
Tips are automatically included but they are shared by entire staff. Tip rate is 10% so if you want to,leave a little extra some cash to your server go right ahead.
All in all it was a wonderful week long vacation in Punta Cana at the resort and spa and if you are looking for a place to stay in the Dominican, this be the place!
Also when you are departing, it is in your best interest to go to the concierge and ask for airport VIP service. When you arrive at the airport they took us to the front of the checki in line and also to a private security screening with NO waiting in line. They take you right to the gate and you can tip her there because the hassle she saves you on departure is well worth the tip. Service is actually free for resort guests because as I found out the family who owns the resort also owns the airport, which is located five minutes from the resort
Great place!! You will enjoy all they have to offer which is alot!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puntacana Resort & Club is home to the Caribbean’s ultimate beach and golfing experience, with 3 miles of magnificent white sand beaches and 45 holes of championship golf. Accommodation types are diverse and contemplated for all preferences. The AAA Five Diamond Award winning boutique hotel Tortuga Bay, Four Points by Sheraton at Puntacana Village. Private residences with views of our pristine beaches and golf courses designed by Tom Fazio and P.B. Dye are also available for rental. Westin Puntacana Resort & Club will open on December 2013. Our International Airport is the most used in the Dominican Republic. The Punta Cana International Airport, (PUJ) is one of the first and largest privately owned and operated international airports in the world. Built in 1983 by Grupo Puntacana, the holding company of Puntacana Resort & Club, the Airport makes Puntacana one of the most accessible destinations in the Caribbean. Conveniently located within the Puntacana Resort & Club property, the airport offers direct flights from over 36 countries and 98 cities around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Punta Cana Resort & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Resort & Club Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Resort And Club
- Punta Cana Hotel
- Punta Cana Resort All Inclusive