“AMAZING PLACE TO RELAX” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only

You added Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro Km. 1 | PO Box 3177, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% discount
Ranked #20 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boca Raton, Florida
“AMAZING PLACE TO RELAX”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just came back from Bavaro in Domenica and we cant wait to go back, we had the best vacation ever at the Barcelo Bavaro Adults only all inclusive, food, service and the staff was perfect, very nice and relaxing pool with a friendly bar, I strongly recommend this Resort for couples who wants to rest and have a romantic trip. JohnAline, Boca Raton Florida

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Polish first
Porto Alegre, RS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Incredible resort in Punta Cana. Excellent food and drinks at any time, a dozen restaurants to choose to dine. Great staff as well, our special thanks to Orlando Mendez, who made our stay by the beach even better. The swimming pool was always clean and with perfect temperature. The hotel is big and looks brand new. Our room was bigger than we expected, we even were greeted in the first day in the room with chocolate and a bottle of rum. Can't think of a bad thing to say here about the resort, congratulations!

Mont Tremblant, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Excellent get-away from winters cold. The Hotel was very good, everything with the room functioned as expected. The service personnel throughout the complex were the best I have experienced. They were very responsive and ALWAYS greeted you with a warm smile and friendly comment. Everyone we encountered was multilingual which was appreciated. The beach could be viewed from our room and was cleaned daily. The water was clean, the beach a white sand; no rocks. The activities available at or through the Hotel were above expectations. The SCUBA tour was great, large variety of colourful aquatic life and one of the best dive boats and crew that I have seen. The golf was a special experience, a very challenging, excellently groomed course. Lots of water and sand traps, extra balls a handy thing. The tennis courts and instructor close to the hotel and excellent as a morning activity. Food and available restaurants more than met our expectations. I would not hesitate to recommend this destination to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Try for second floor
Green Features: Bins available for recyclables, all areas kept very clean any refuse picked up at all times, lights turned off when exiting the room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Director Sandy P, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear guest,

We thank you for trusting in Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.

Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay. For us is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. We are glad to know that every time you have stayed with us, you have been able to enjoy of many unique and memorable experiences due to the amazing staff, the high quality food and drinks and resort facilities.

We would like to express you how glad we are to read that your positive valuation about the beauty of our premises, the variety of our gastronomy and the excellent service of our staff.

We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Woodland Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Pros

The food was great
The bar service in the lobby was great
The pool was very nice
The breakfast buffet had all kinds of food which was very good
La breezes restaurant food was excellent

We also enjoyed all the restaurants at the palace deluxe which were included with the exception of the sports bar.

The air conditioner worked great in the room

Cons

The room we were in had a terrible stink coming from the tub drain. We complained about it twice but the smell kept coming back. Otherwise nothing special about the room. It's an old room with old furniture and need some serious updates. There was also mold in the bathroom

We had a room on the ground floor. At first we thought it was great, but there are so many mosquitoes we couldn't use the patio. I took a nap out there one afternoon and counted 18 bites on my back alone.

There was a tremendous amount of seaweed in the water, making it difficult to find a place to swim. This is not the resorts fault, but not a beach I would go back to either.

There were no bars or service on the beach at all.

Transportation between this part and the other part was on a train. The train is actually a diesel truck that pulls around some trolly carts. It was very convenient but the exhaust smell coming from the truck was making us queasy.

We had a good time, but would not stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.

Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. I really appreciate your nice comments about our services in all departments. Your feedback will encourage us to continue providing the high level of service we believe our guests deserve.

Barceló and its team are working very hard to improve our service on the daily basis.

Warm regards,

Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Spent 5 wonderful days in Beautiful Punta Cana at the Barceló Bavaro Beach Adults Only All Inclusive resort. I definitely would recommend this resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were very nice, clean and I liked my view of the pool. I would definitely recommend staying on the second or third floor so you can have a nice view of the ocean. I liked that it was adults only but that you had the option to walk over to the Palace Deluxe and use all the facilities there as well. There were many activities and lots of entertainment in the evening plus many restaurants to chose from. The beach was beautiful and the pool was very relaxing. The food was delicious at the restaurants that I tried except one. My two favorite a la carte restaurants for dinner were Chez Gourmet and La Fuente. Everything was delicious! I returned to Chez Gourmet on my last night because it was my favorite...the salmon was delicious! The only restaurant I did not like for dinner was La Brisa but the service and staff were wonderful. The buffets that I had for breakfast and lunch were outstanding with so many healthy options to chose from. Remember to make your dinner reservations early unless you want to eat very late. I prefer not to eat dinner after 9:00pm but it might work for others. I was disappointed that Wifi was not included and that it didn't always connect especially when you walked over to the Palace Deluxe. The beach staff was very entertaining and friendly. I need to give a special shout out to Orlando Mendez, Gerald Jimenez, Eluin Santana, and Miguel Felix they were so much fun and such nice people. They definitely made everyone's time on the beach fun...between trivia games, the music, dance lessons, and yoga I had a blast. Morning yoga on the beach was such a wonderful way to start the day...thank you!! The fitness center was located on the Palace Deluxe side near the spa. It was very clean, had new equipment but needed more free weights. The only problem I had during my stay was that the shower head holder broke and I asked a few times to have it fixed but unfortunately it was never fixed. The staff was very attentive and actually came to check to see what the problem was but no one ever returned to actually fix it. So it was a minor inconvenience but should have been addressed. I did not leave the hotel property but heard some of the excursions were a lot of fun. The property had so much to offer whether you just wanted to just lay by the pool or on the beach, go shopping, play golf, tennis, go to the fitness center, spa, dance club, casino, evening shows & entertainment, and many restaurants to chose from. It is definitely a great place for couples and groups of friends! I didn't notice as many solo travelers. I would definitely recommend this resort and look forward to returning in the future. Thank you to all the staff that made my vacation so fun and relaxing!

Room Tip: Best view from 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort.

Thank you for your feedback about our employees, it makes us feel very proud to do this job for you. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.

Kind Regards,

Gatineau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We were on vacation from April 18 to 25. We want to thank so many people who made our stay fantastic.

Let's start by thanking the activity team Orlando, Gerald, the two new ladies that I forgot the names, as well as Michael and Maria for making our days and evenings so entertaining.

Let's continue with the restaurants. First the Buffet Caribe by thanking Yeimi, Iris, Mercedes, the smiling ladies that greet us at the entrance and a special thank you to senor Fermin for his attention, courtesy and to take good care of us.

Of the restaurant La Brisa, thank you to Anyolina, Martha, Luis and Freddy. Many thanks also to the people working at the other restaurants à la carte i.e. La Dolce Vita (Italian), Fuente (Spanish), Santa Fe (Steak House) and the Gourmet (French) for the great food and service.

Lastly, we also want to thank la señora Evelyn Ramirez and her staff for listening to us and making sure that everything was perfect.

Finally, a special thank you to senor José Maria Garcia-Barrios and to all his staff for making us feel welcomed, important and at home.

Francine and Rachel habitacione 1074.

Room Tip: All Buildings are very well situated and close to eveyrthing.
Green Features: As far as we saw their practices are environmentally-friendly.

Best Regards,

Tatamagouche, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great resort, our room was almost perfect,only complaint was the shower/tub which had a fixed glass panel which you had to reach around to turn on the shower. Tub had about a 20 inch sidewall to step over to get in &out. But that was my only beef,not a deal breaker. Perfect sized resort, everything was only a few minutes away.shopping , More a la cartes, large buffet, only a 5 minute walk over to the palace .nice change of pace,but a little too busy for us. Golf course was in great shape, but you need to keep your ball on the fairway, ample room. Sand on the greens but they rolled very well.some challenging holes but a fair course. I really enjoyed playing there. Cart rentals were a little high but with the coupon, bearable. I would rate this resort very high on my list of ones that I have been to in the last 20 yes.

Room Tip: Building 2 ocean front excellent
Green Features: The Barcelo chain is an enviromentally conscious company as I witnessed at the bavarro beach.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Director Sandy P, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear guest,

Is a pleasure for me and the all team of Barceló Bavaro Beach that you chose us, hoping to have you here. We are grateful for all your comments and hope to see you at our hotel and make them feel a true paradise.

Best Regards,

Director

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only? Share your experiences!