We just came back from Punta Cana.
We stayed in Barcelo Bavaro Beach Dec. 27 - Jan 3, 2014
Adults only was a smart choice.
We enjoyed quiet and decent accommodations and were able to use all facilities in adjacent Palace Deluxe (which was rather noisy and crowded, yet fun).
The accommodations were clean and basic, big rooms, nice beds and selection of pillows.
Plenty beverages in mini fridge, snacks and a variety of toilettes (dental set, shaving kit etc.) replenished daily. Top floor is preferred for lightslippers, as soundproofing in the rooms is little to none.
There are six buildings:
1 is closest to a pool & lobby, 3 is also nearby pool/lobby – the noisiest buildings.
4 is the remotest one from the lobby, pool and restaurants.
6 & 2 are closest to a beach.
5 was quiet and close to everything (we stayed in this building and liked the quiet a lot)
Beach was OK, cleaned daily, lots of chairs, yet sea grass was everywhere except for several clean areas in the water for swimming. However the site was good for snorkeling (sea stars, sting rays, sea-urchins , sea snakes, even turtles). Water was warm and calm most of the time, long white sand beach. Also, palm trees make good shade on the beach. No mosquitos, occasional flies. Fare away from quiet beach, as there are lots of watersports activities, yachts, powerboats … they give away strong diesel scent, could be bothersome if not the wind.
The food was average.
Definitely go to the restaurants (we liked Italian, Stackhouse was good, Seafood was OK, French was rather disappointing).
Shows were OK/average. Staff was great and helpful. Strikes sport bar in Deluxe and lobby bar in adults side were the best for drinks. Carlos, the lobby bar bartender in adults side was the best, he makes wonderful cocktails and fun to talk (when not too busy), deserves $ or couple in gratitude.
New Year celebration was very fun and well prepared and organized.
Presents were also good, included 750 ml bottle of premium aged Don Barcelo rum.
Lots of Europeans (mostly Russians, some Switzerlanders, Austrian, French and Spanish).
Also lots of Canadians!
We only went for one excursion – Caribbean Festival ($90/person); was best for kids, started rather slow (long wait), shark pool was a joke as well as riff snorkeling; sting rays petting was fun (yet short) and only good for people who like touching fishes and kids. Elvis from the crew was awesome taking underwater pictures with our camera making excellent pictures of us with marine life. The best part was dancing on the way back (crew put up really good show) and plenty of drinks and fruit snacks. Don from the crew who danced on stilts was the friendliest guy and so much fun.
In general was very fun vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the sands of one of the world’s top 10 beaches, the hotel Barceló Bávaro Beach has been reinvented following extensive renovation work to become an exclusive 5-star hotel for adults. Offering access to all facilities at the Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort complex of which it is part, it has numerous bars and restaurants serving lovingly prepared and varied dishes 24 hours a day in a perfect setting, on Punta Cana’s original Bávaro Beach, at the eastern end of the Dominican Republic.During the day, guests can practise any number of sports, ranging from football, tennis, water sports and golf on our 18-hole course. At night, we offer a wealth of entertainment with the various evening shows, discos, casino, and more... Highlights:- Hotel for adults only - Perfect for romantic getaways. - Located on one of the world’s top 10 beaches - Just 15 km from Punta Cana International Airport - 80% of its rooms are right on the beachfront - Rooms with the highest quality finish and cutting-edge technology - Very varied cuisine - Golf course at the Resort- Spa at the Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Barcelo, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana