It took me a little while to be able to write this review, but I think the resort deserves another great review. This was our first vacation there, but we would go back every year at least once.
What have most impressed us was the service and the willingness of the staff to help if you were not satisfied completely with something. Miguel the head director of the resort, showed us several times during our stay his amazing skills in customer care and willingness to help with any issue beyond our expectations. There are other names we can mention also who made a great impression with their service, like Ramon the main restaurant manager, Evelyn the Guests Services manager, (with all the girls there) and even Ramon Sosa the bell boy, who helped us out with more than luggage's.
The second impressive thing about the resort is the cleanliness everywhere. We're not talking about only the guests rooms and the restaurant, we mean everywhere you go or use, beach, grounds around, pool etc. It's truly amazing.
The beach is phenomenal with shade or Sun and plenty of free lounges to choose from.
Food is great and plenty. With all the variety of exotic fruits and different type of dishes sometimes it was difficult to make a decision. Deserts and presentation are out of this world.
There is a lot to do there if you wish or simply just savor the Sun and the 'All Inclusive, adults only' package what you've paid for.
There are two negative aspects of the place we had problems with. One is that the jet ski and speed boat rentals are very close by and make annoying noises with the rest of the party boaters passing by in the water pretty closely when you're trying to relax on the beach. The other thing what could be changed a little more easier is the daily yoga classes which are held in the center between the beach area and pool, with blasting music for the duration of the class. We are middle age couple, who would love a quiet spot to read and relax, (that's why we chose the 'Adults only section), but there is really no place to go to and escape any of this, unless you're more on the pool side or in your room especially for the yoga time.
We're sure there are ways to handle these issues if the management is willing to look into it more closely.
Over all, it's still great value for your money and their beach is the top of all we've seen so far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana