“Good Value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only

You added Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro Km. 1 | PO Box 3177, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% discount
Ranked #20 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Very pleased with our 10 night stay! Staff very helpful, cleanliness excellent, superior rooms a good size.(rec block two) The restaurants that you can use with a superior tarriff are amazing. You get to use the sister hotel( Bavaro palace) for all the eateries, apart from two, as there is an extra charge for these!We ate at different restaurants each night, The best being chez gourmet and the Spanish restaurant. The worst was the coral and la brisa.
The golf course looks amazing, and you cannot believe you are five minutes from the beach. A great relaxing holiday........

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Director Sandy P, Director General at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Barceló Bavaro Beach for your holidays. On behalf of our entire staff, we want to thank you for taking time to share your review with other travelers.

We are very glad of knowing that you had a great time in our property and you could enjoy our beautiful beaches and excellent customer service provide for a very professional staff.

Thanks again and will be a pleasure to have you back.

Warms regards,

Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Polish first
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I will start by pointing out that the only positive things about this entire experience was the post card like sand, water and weather!!! Our travel dates were 11/3/13-11/10/13. The weather channel said 70% chance of rain every day before we left, however to our suprise we had 85-90 degree weather everyday with no rain.

The issues you need to be aware:
1. Food is unedible. By this I mean even my dog wouldn't eat the food. Our diet consisted of bread, french fries and ice cream for the week. The only restraunt that had decent food was the Japenese one. Otherwise, plan to starve or bring alot of snacks.
2. Guest of the resort are RUDE! Majority of folks on the resort were Russian and very rude. We are American and did find a handful of other people who experienced the same thing. I've never had so much smoke blown in my face, cut off in so many lines or talked over when trying to have a regular conversation.
3. Employees of the resort are not accomidating. They act like they don't speak english, but they do. They just don't want to help. It's nothing like Mexico or other countries where tourism is a business.
4. Room--walls in the room are paper thin. We had a neighbor who decided to leave the TV on all night which was horribly loud and annoying. We also could hear every move they made in the room. Not really relaxing....
5. Towels--never could get the same thing each day. Apparently washclothes are in high demand b/c getting one was nearly impossible.
6. Ecoli--thank you so much for the Ecoli that you sent me home with....that was a real pleasure to get to miss 3 days of work after a vacation and have stomach pains worse than child labor all because someone choose to not wash their hands.....i never ate anything washed in the water, I brushed my teeth with bottled water and still.....got it. Doctor said likely was from someone who was infected touching a fork/spoon or glass that i ate or drank off of.
7. FRAUD CHARGES--and the real icing on the cake is the FRAUD charges I just got on my credit card which is why i finally decided to write a review. UNREAL! The only place I used my credit card was ON THE RESORT to settle up charges at the end of the trip.

In summary---We would NEVER recommend anyone going to this place. If you do...plan to take extra time off to get over a nasty illness and spend your valuable time resetting up all your auto pays on your credit card.

I thought Jamiaca was bad.....boy, was i wrong. This was worse.

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for visit Barceló Bavaro Beach as your vacation destination and giving us your feedback.

We want you to know, that your opinion is very important and valuable to us. For this reason, your comments are taken with special consideration as they help us identifying our improvement areas, giving us the opportunity to correct them, and thus achieve to offer our guests a service of the highest quality.

We would like to express our apologies for all the inconveniences you had during your stay, we deeply regret we had not exceed your expectations overall.

Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

First of all, my wife and I weren't greeted by a welcome drink upon arrival, although this is included in the all-inclusive program of the hotel. We were escorted to a room, which was not up-to date and not 5-star, to put it mildly. The hair dryer broke 3 times and had to be fixed by the service man, the toilet's flush was not operating properly. The air conditioning was directed directly to the bed, which is uncomfortable. Overall the room looks outdated, the walls painted in a way, which is far from cozy. The bathroom is too small.

Our tourist voucher stated that we were a honeymoon couple, but noting special was arranged for us, not even a congradulatory note.

The fitness centre is far away - in the neigboring hotel, the Bavaro Deluxe. The machines in the fitness centre are old, the dumbells are too small.

The food was not varied enough, so we had to go to the larger restaurants in the neighboring Deluxe hotel.

The hotel gives you two beach towels, but you cannot change them to towel cards, so you have to carry the towels back to your room in the end of the day. You can only change them to fresh towels. This is very uncomfortable. By the way, the neigboring Deluxe hotel has towel cards.

The service is not great. In one of the a-la-carte restaurants I ordered wine, so they poured me half a glass and didn't refill it even once during a 1,5 hour dinner. When we were checking out, we asked for a bell boy to carry our luggage, calling twice to the Reception, but no one came, so we had to carry our luggage by ourselves.

The water flow througout the hotel is too weak. The beach showers turn off automatically 5 secons after you turn them on, so you have to constantly push the button for the watter to start flowing again. Very uncomfortable.

The beach and pool bars are also sub-par, they seemed to always have a shortage of mint and tonic water. The plastice glasses are too small, so if you get a drink with ice - there is barely any room left fot the coctail itself. Some waitresses in the inside bars don't ven know what a cafe latte is.

Room cleaning was OK, but we kept having a shortage of bath and\ or face and hand towels, the hotel clearly doesn't have enough of them.

On the positive side - The territory and the beach are well-kept. The hotel is close to the Punta-Cana airport.

The management of the hotel clearly doesn't do it's job effectively. We filled out their 'Sugestions" card in the middle of our 14-day stay in the hotel, but nothing was done by the management in the next 7 days to make us at leat a bit happier, not even a bottle of house Champaigne to the room (despite the fact that Champaigne is included in the All-inclusive deal).

So, I wouldn't advise a trip to this particular hotel, although the climate in Punta-Cana is good, so other hotels may be a better choice.

This was our second trip to Dominicana, we also visited Mexico, Dubai, Bulgaria, The Maldives, Tunisia, etc. so we knew waht to expect from a 5-star hotel and this was the trip with the most "cons" and least "pros".

Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.

I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. For us it is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. I accept your feedback for continuous improvement in a future stay.

Barceló and its team are working very hard to improve our service on the daily basis.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Upon arrival to this property via the Punta Cana Airport and about 20 minute commute, the check-in process was easy and comforting understanding that you want to start enjoying the minute you walk in.

We were given a quick overview of the property as far as the amenities within, and clearly advised of the options for lunch left available at that time (great). We headed to the main buffet restaurant Caribe, we found a good selection (large) of foods here being that the hotel "adults section" was significantly small (that's a huge plus).

There we were not well treated by some staff , until later on we found an amazing waitress (Mercedes), who made sure we were treated as loyalty, making sure we were promptly seated/served going above and beyond to please customers.

The tables here need to be properly set up well in advanced, noted that unless you asked for some silverware they would not be setting the tables fully stacked, and I found myself and others many times, waiting for the waitresses to go back to the kitchen and run back to fulfill your needs (waiting at least 2-3 minutes, before you continue enjoying your food), I would suggest management consider training how to approach refilling glasses, setting tables, and picking up dirty dishes.

The rooms are cleaned in a timely manner, unless the arrival of other guest and or groups. I had my room cleaned maybe twice during my stay between 6-7pm, this is crunch time as it is when people generally return to their rooms in need to freshen up and take a break prior to heading to dinner and/or any other activities during the night, that to me was unacceptable.

At the Guess relations I must give a shout out to the amazing service (Ross/Maritzabel/Evelyn) are providing your guess, there were others that were extremely rude to clients myself included. This area needs to have personnel like the ones mentioned above willing and able to provide satisfaction and high professionalism, this is where clients need to have confident and know that you are valued, regardless of their origin…making customer their #1 priority.

The pool was very well kept/clean, there is the majority of exposure of their service during the day, and would appreciate the waitress (women) value everyone equally and not just single men. The were extremely attentive to male population and at times found that if I wanted to be served, I would either step aside and ask my (husband) to order in our behalf. The drinks were very watered and inconsistent.
I liked that there was no rush to find space to enjoy, the towels were always available and clean.

The beach always had a place to lounge available, although be aware there the only shade you'll find would be under trees, no service provided during the day at all, if you are a drinker make sure you bring your cups and/or stack well in advance prior to going to the beach. I enjoyed to see their efforts to keep the beach clean thru out the day.

If you are an adult who likes a quiet atmosphere this is a place to consider as it also offers the ability to visit their next door property that is family oriented, yet has more to do and you have exchange privileges.

Dear guest,

I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. We thank you for your nice comments towards Maritzabel, Ross and Evelyn, not only for them is for everyone in our property the guest is our first priority.

We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit. Remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.

As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Edmundston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We love this resort...the food is good; not great but they certainly make every effort. What we really enjoyed was the room location right on the beach and the total site is absolutely extremely clean..that alone is worth the price. We have been 4 times to more expensive resorts in Punta Cana and have found this resort to be near top level service, especially Club Premium which is well worth the extras. We also enjoyed the adults only environment and access to the Palace Deluxe part (family friendly) which is huge.We will be back !
We have friend who also went at a different time and they really enjoyed it also.
Some have sais the house wine is not very good; they are right so buy a bottle once in a while in their large selection of a la carte restaurants....

Room Tip: Go Club premium with ocean front room.
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Barceló Bavaro Beach for your vacation and sharing your experience with the online community.

Exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We appreciate your opinion because allows us to improve the cons and change our negatives points.

We await you pretty soon for another great vacation.

Cordially

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at the Barceló Bavaro Beach 3rd Nov - 14th. I had all the reviews prior to going so I had a good idea of how things worked. We arrived early evening so we had no problem checking in as the desk was empty. The man who checked us in spoke perfect English and was very helpful in explaining everything to us. The bell boy who took us to room also spoke excellent English and he explained lots of things to us again and showed us how everything worked in our room.
Our room was on the middle floor of block one (1037). This was the block nearest to the pool and bars so we were very pleased with it. I just wished we had a top floor room as I've no idea what the people were doing above us as they seemed to clatter from one end of the room to the other every morning at around 3 to 4am! They woke us up every night. I can't believe how anyone can be so noisy walking around. We made no sound whatsoever walking around. That was the only complaint I have.
The room was very nice and the bed very comfortable. The toilet and shower area could do with upgrading but it was very clean and did the job. I've seen complaints about towels not been delivered, but we found that if you returned to your room in the afternoon and there were no towels they would always appear later on so this was no problem as we never had to ask for any.

The food was one thing I was slightly concerned about after reading reviews. We booked the restaurants the morning after we arrived. There were only times available around 6.30 or then around 9-10pm. We believe maybe the times inbetween are reserved for Club Premium? Anyway we don't mind eating late so we managed to book around 9.30 ish. We booked Chez Gourmet in the adults side and then the Italian, Spanish, Mexican, Fish & Steak House. Chez Gourmet was the best, the Chateaubriand was gorgeous and cooked to perfection. All the others were very good except the Mexican. I had chicken fajitas. The chicken was way to salty and the actual fajitas were strange, very thick and doughy and seemed to expand whilst chewing them! The service in the fish restaurant was very good. We tried the wine that you can have on the AI. My husband prefers red and he said this was much better than the white. I didn't mind the odd glass of white, it was drinkable. We did buy a bottle of wine though some nights and this was very good. The beer was very good and the gin & tonics very strong. The Rum Punches were very nice indeed.

The best restaurant by far was the Hoya 19 at the Golf Course. We had 2 evening meals there and you don't have to book. We also ate lunch there just about every day as it was so much nicer than the buffet. It's table service and the food is fab. Gorgeous pizzas, amazing burgers, wraps and some more posher food if you want. I don't think many people seem to know about this place as I'm sure it would be more busy at lunch time. I never ate at the buffet except for breakfast. It wasn't the best breakfast I've had but you could always find something to eat.

We never really had any language problems. We found most staff spoke enough English to communicate with us. I had learned a bit of Spanish before we went so I could order drinks but we never had any problems.

The pool area was lovely, lots of sunbeds free and plenty of shade. The pool was extremely clean and quite warm so very pleasant to swim in.

The beach was gorgeous. It was very quiet if you stayed in the adults section with lots of free beds. We used to walk the full length everyday upto the Palace side. This was very busy and quite noisy so I'm glad we stayed at the adults side.

We did two excursions, the Bavaro Runners Safari trip and the speed boat/catamaran trip. Both were excellent and highly recommended.

Overall the hotel was spot on. Very clean, friendly staff and nice room. The Palace side was huge and we went over there for the restaurants, casino and disco all which were excellent. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay. For us is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. We are glad to know that you have been able to enjoy of many unique and memorable experiences due to the amazing staff, the high quality food and drinks and resort facilities.

We take all guest feedback very seriously because we want improve with you, and we're constantly changing all aspects of our service and facilities.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at Barceló Bavaro Beach and continue providing the most unforgettable experiences.

Best regards,

Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Amazing food, amazing beach. Highly recommend to take advantage of their tour to the local town and into a local's home, we watched them hot cocoa from the cocoa bean, bought some coffee from the locals, and had so much fun. Our tour guide was super funny and the Dominican rum that was provided in the tour was to die for, tasted like honey, we brought some back home with us. Customer service was not the best, and housekeeping below average, but doesn't really ruin anything because you are there to enjoy yourself and not get hang up on the small stuff.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool or beach front, avoid rooms with the so called "tropical view' they are o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We thank you for selecting Barceló Bavaro Beach as your vacation destination and giving us your feedback about your stay.

Regarding your comments about the staffs behavior we definitely be more attentive in all departments in order to avoid negative situation that might lead us away from our main goal, a very satisfied customer.

We truly hope to have the opportunity to provide you a high quality service you deserve at a future visit.

Sandy Pfeil

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only? Share your experiences!