I stayed, alone, at the Barceló Beach hotel for a few days mid-August. The hotel is not without its faults and it appears universally acknowledged within Trip Advisor that the food and restaurant systems leave room for improvement. Nonetheless, I found this hotel to represent incredibly good value and it provided everything that I could have wished for in a holiday of pure relaxation.
I made one complaint concerning the failure of the Spanish restaurant, (in the Palace Deluxe) to provide tables for guests who had booked there. I will not dwell on this because I received a prompt response to my complaint and all efforts were made to compensate me for the inconvenience. The manager to whom I spoke - Carmen Caminero - appeared to feel genuinely sorry that one of the hotel's guests had experienced poor service and she seemed to appreciate the feedback. It addition to a phone call, (conducted in excellent English- thanks) and a couple of letters delivered to my room, she also had me sent a magnificent basket of fruit, which was delivered to my room by two extremely cheerful and friendly members of staff.
I experienced nothing but courteous and friendly service from staff, from the minute a taxi-driver dropped me at the wrong hotel and staff immediately summoned a golf-buggy to transport me swiftly. The only moments of awkwardness came when my lack of Spanish meant that it took a while to communicate my needs. Fortunately for me, most staff spoke considerably more English than I do Spanish, for which I am most grateful.
The pool was the nicest I have experienced, it was large enough for those wanting to swim, mooch (and smooch) around, relax in the spa or water jet areas or merely lie on the submerged loungers which offered welcome respite from the heat. The beach and sea were simply lovely with ample sun- loungers. A short walk along the beach (or a ride on the train) brings you to the larger, more vibrant area of the complex. This is not my idea of relaxation so I avoided the casino and theatre and merely used the gym, attending a relatively lack-lustre but, nonetheless, enjoyable spin class.
I loved my apartment, which was located in a low-rise, faux colonial style building with a tropical garden in its centre. It was incredibly spacious with an entrance hall, double-sink and bathroom and separate twin bedded room with a lounge area leading to a balcony with a sea and pool view. The toiletries, nibbles and drinks were replenished each day and the free mini-bar was a nice touch although it did not stock wine. Although there were parts of the room that were tired and a little shabby, particularly the bathroom, I enjoyed every minute I spent in this comfortable space. The air-con was perfect.
I know that this resort could have offered more in the way of quality and luxury but I would probably not be able to afford to stay there if it did. As it is, I was able to enjoy a taste of paradise and was allowed to relax in beautiful and clean surroundings where a hardworking team of staff catered for my every need. If I ever find the money to return, I will definitely book into the Barceló Beach. Much as I love children, it was heaven to escape from the noise they tend to make.
2 suggestions that would have slightly enhanced my experience: I would have welcomed an indication as to which buffet dishes were vegetarian and, in the ground floor public showers, it would have been good to have had a spin-dry machine and plastic bags so that I could have easily packed my costume before heading to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the sands of one of the world’s top 10 beaches, the hotel Barceló Bávaro Beach has been reinvented following extensive renovation work to become an exclusive 5-star hotel for adults. Offering access to all facilities at the Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort complex of which it is part, it has numerous bars and restaurants serving lovingly prepared and varied dishes 24 hours a day in a perfect setting, on Punta Cana’s original Bávaro Beach, at the eastern end of the Dominican Republic.During the day, guests can practise any number of sports, ranging from football, tennis, water sports and golf on our 18-hole course. At night, we offer a wealth of entertainment with the various evening shows, discos, casino, and more... Highlights:- Hotel for adults only - Perfect for romantic getaways. - Located on one of the world’s top 10 beaches - Just 15 km from Punta Cana International Airport - 80% of its rooms are right on the beachfront - Rooms with the highest quality finish and cutting-edge technology - Very varied cuisine - Golf course at the Resort- Spa at the Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana