We visited The Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel from June 20 - June 27, 2013. This resort is fabulous and truly provides an outstanding vacation experience. Being a former Airline employee, I have traveled extensively and I clearly feel this resort is an excellent choice for a beach vacation. The first impression when you enter the lobby upon arrival is breathtaking. It has an open air lobby with truly unique decor. We were greated warmly by Mabel in the Club Preminum who efficiently checked us in. Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean and was always kept immaculate, as were all the grounds. I have visited this resort many, many times and never has a single item of ours gone missing.There is a good safe in the room to protect your valuables. The bed was super comfy and the A/C and ceiling fan worked perfectly.
The beach is gorgeous. It has fine white sand, swaying palm trees and plentiful lounge chairs. The water is blue, clear and calm.
This is an adults only hotel and it also includes use of the beach, restaurants and facilites of the Palace Deluxe Hotel which is a short distance down. You can walk there or take the train shuttle back and forth.
Our favorite restaurants for dinner were Chez Gourmet, The Italian, The Japonese. All of the restaurants are really very good with many choices. We enjoyed lunch at La Brisa where the view and freshly cooked food were very nice. Maria Mercedez made us feel welcome every day and attended to us very well. The buffet is quite good here as well.
Another outstanding feature of this resort is the staff. If you have visited other Carribean resorts you might have noticed the poor attitudes of the people working there. I found the staff here at The Beach Hotel to be pleasant and warm. Give a smile and some respect and your experience will be wonderful. Don't worry about the language barrier either. Many speak English and you can make yourself understood if you try.
All in all, I highly recommend this resort! I am already checking rates for a return visit...it is that wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the sands of one of the world’s top 10 beaches, the hotel Barceló Bávaro Beach has been reinvented following extensive renovation work to become an exclusive 5-star hotel for adults. Offering access to all facilities at the Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort complex of which it is part, it has numerous bars and restaurants serving lovingly prepared and varied dishes 24 hours a day in a perfect setting, on Punta Cana’s original Bávaro Beach, at the eastern end of the Dominican Republic.During the day, guests can practise any number of sports, ranging from football, tennis, water sports and golf on our 18-hole course. At night, we offer a wealth of entertainment with the various evening shows, discos, casino, and more... Highlights:- Hotel for adults only - Perfect for romantic getaways. - Located on one of the world’s top 10 beaches - Just 15 km from Punta Cana International Airport - 80% of its rooms are right on the beachfront - Rooms with the highest quality finish and cutting-edge technology - Very varied cuisine - Golf course at the Resort- Spa at the Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Barcelo, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana