“Fun in paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Save Saved
You added Barcelo Bavaro Beach to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro Km. 1, 23301 Bavaro-Punta Cana | PO Box 3177, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Early booking offer
Ranked #14 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
New Jersey
“Fun in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at this resort for 4 days and it was amazing.
I had stayed there about two years ago and it was good but now is outstanding.
The staff was very nice; the premises are well kept and clean.
I enjoyed a lot the a la carte restaurants specially the Japanese.
I visited the water park and even though small I enjoyed the waved pool.
The beach, what can I say about the beach! Breathe taking! It was a bit dirty with seaweeds because it was raining days prior to my visit but maintenance would clean it every morning.
I hope my review helps, and if you need any extra info feel free to contact me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for trusting in Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our kindness in providing our services.
For us is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. Is a pleasure for us to have met all your travel expectations. I hope you will visit us in the future in our resort. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.
Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Polish first
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just returned there this week - was there as part of a wedding. The wedding was gorgeous and organized pretty well. The place is HUGE. I have been to Sandal resorts and thought those were big but this should have its own zip code. Luckily there is a train that takes you anywhere you want to go which was nice but I still wish the resort was more quaint. We stayed on the adult only side which was smaller with a more quiet pool - unlike the family side which was crazy! We would go over there for the casino and because almost all of the restaurants were on that side. I just didn't understand why all the exciting things (Disco, casino, sports bar, restaurants, etc) were on the family side and the only thing to do on the Adult only side at night was hang by the lobby bar. All the pools closed by 8. So for a group of people in their late 20's early 30's there wasn't enough options for night life. There was a swim up bar on the family side and none on the adult only side - again wasn't sure the logic on that. Overall I feel like they could apeal to my generation if they would offer a swim up bar at the adult only pool, put a restaurant bar on that side that is open 24 hours (like the sports bar on the family side) and even take some of the activities happening on the beach and bring them to the pool area. Get a pool volleyball game going, pool dancing, etc. Just lacked "fun" on the adult side. The food was not good. Inititally you walk into the buffet and the options are endless however the flavor wasn't there. So when we booked reservations to restaurants hoping to try something different than the buffet - we weren't thrilled to see that a lot of the menu items were made of the same ingredients that were on the buffet but had a fancier name and paired with something different. The Spanish Restaurant was my favorite because it had Creme Brule which was the only dessert I got at a restaurant that was different than those on the buffet line. Room was very clean and staff were friendly on the upside!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
Thanks for your nice comments about our resort but I’m really sorry for you experience during your stay in our resort. As general information we do have a 10 day menu for the Buffet restaurants with 18 different salad choices and 4 fish and 4 meat options on the show cooking to be selected and cooked according to the guest’s satisfaction.
Iwe have 2 a la carte restaurants in our hotel Barceló Beach, but are 7 a la carte restaurants at the Palace Deluxe to which they have access. Besides this have one restaurant located at Deluxe too, named Hole 19th that don’t needs reserve and also is a la carte.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your observations to our attention since, it is through communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Don't let the other reviews fool you. This resort is very nice, clean, and offers a lot. Please understand that you are visiting a resort with thousands of other people...no home cooked meals!! Everyone has a need that they want met right then and there. Most importantly, most tourists speak English and Dominicans speak spanish.
I visited DR with a group of girlfriends. We stayed for five days and four nights. Make sure you visit the theatre nightly, the shows a pretty good and you can take pics with the cast afterwards. I loved the buffet omelet station, fried rice, and burger the best. The options are endless. You must keep in mind that the rotation will be the same for each meal. My suggestion is to stick to one option per meal to ensure you don't burn yourself out. The drinks are endless and the options are endless. I preferred El Presidente beer with lime. The accommodations are clean and spacious enough for you to have a comfortable stay. Make sure you take some time to relax on the beach. There are plenty of lounge chairs for everyone. Adjacent from the Adults Only section is the Market. Make sure you go and have cash on hand. Negotiate deals before you purchase. I enjoyed my trip and cannot wait to visit again.

Caledonia, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our family went for my daughters wedding, This was an all inclusive trip. Had a good time on and off the resort. Some language barrier because they all speak primarily Spanish. the Guest services were fluent in English. It would have been better if we could get carry out breakfast for early excursions. (Didn't want to pay for room service meals at all inclusive resort.) It was very warm the day of the wedding, The reception should have been in a air conditioned area as it was to hot to dance much.
Rick S

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

First of all I'd like to say our trip to Punta Cana was overall amazing. The group I was with was between 19 - 27 and we all agreed that it was easily one of the best time of our lives. Read the below problems as what to expect not so much a warning because the place itself is beautiful and allows you to have many great experiences. Below that you will find the best things we did - for any spring break or younger based crews traveling you should find it helpful.

These are the hiccups we had:

-Arriving at the airport: The expedia travel bus waits until fully booked to leave the airport once you land. This can often times take an hour + (with multiple flights entering) yet they will tell you "5 minutes" Taking a cab is strongly advised it cost only $30-$40 and will take you immediately.

-The Front Desk: The communication skills of the people working the front desk is atrocious. It took 45 minutes for them to figure out how to locate our 2nd room booking - starting with them saying we only booked 1 room at check in. Try and minimize time with them after you check in by keeping track of your room cards.

-The Food: I have no problem admitting I am more of a meat and potatoes kind of diner but the food at the resort was pretty terrible. I've stayed in Jamaica and been on 3 Cruises (with the 3 major lines) and this was by far the worst. Thank god for rolls and pasta. The beef is fine at all the dinner places THESE ALL REQUIRE RESERVATIONS AND PANTS FOR MEN! Buffet food is questionable at best often times with flies around it but you can always scrape together a bearable meal.

Now to the good stuff:

The Booze: I only drink hard liquor and always hate the island varieties. The following were free if you asked for them (they are hidden so just ask) Absolut, Stoli, Sky, Beefeater, Johnny Walker Yellow

The 3 following areas are all within 200 feet of each other and made up a large portion of our nightlife

Nightclub: The club inside the resort has ample space for roughly 1000. There is a large inner dance circle with a 2' elevated floor for people to watch and drink around the circle. Outside of that are the two inside bars. There is VIP (which can be accessed by anyone with the passes they give you in the welcome booklet)

Casino: It has all the basics (minus craps) in one big open room. If the gambling on your trip is meant for casual fun you will enjoy it - if you are a heavy gambler I would look elsewhere. (Watch the dealers - I noticed them mess up 3 different times in blackjack 2 times in my favor 1 against in roughly 60 BJ hands)

Strikers Sports Bar: Although there was 1 night they didn't have the Stanley Cup Playoffs it was a great place to watch the main game going on with many different cultures (The Heat game was on - being from Boston as hard as it was to watch it was a new experience seeing that many people root for a team in a different country) They also have a pool room and a buffet with the closest selection to American based food.

Golf: I am a 6 handicap so I was iffy about renting the clubs and wasting the day with bad rentals and a shorter course. I couldn't have been more wrong. The clubs were pretty nice catering to a higher handicapper with Callaway Oversized Back Irons with Graphite Shafts and Callaway Woods but they play fine (don't let the clubs be your reason not to play the course is too much to miss) The course itself was in incredible shape (minus some of the bunkers but oh well) and was one of the nicest I've ever played. The 9th and 18th holes are gorgeous. They supply you with water on the carts in an attached cooler with a beer and water re-up guy on the turn. The balls in the clubhouse are ridiculously priced, instead buy the balls from the many workers on the course, they all have their own hidden stash at $1 a ball (I went with 2 novice and they used close to 15 balls each - lots of water)

Zip Lining - I'm not good with heights at all but this was an amazing experience. I highly recommend this to anyone under 30 looking to get you're heart racing a little bit, with very little to no risk of injury. It's about an hour ride go the bathroom first or you will be hurting on the "Dominican Massage" AKA rocky ride up the mountains

Imagine NIght Club: It's a nightclub inside a cave with 3 different rooms. Literally nothing not to like about this place. One of the top nightclubs I've ever been from Boston to Atlantic City to Montreal to Cruises. We got the bus transportation and all inclusive drinks for $60 and it was well worth it.

Overall the trip was amazing and I will without a doubt recommend it to anyone who asks - just watch out for the food and try and minimize your time with the front desk (guest services however are very helpful with excursions, golf, and dinner reservations just expect to be in there 15 minutes minimum)

Most of all enjoy the time there aren't many more peaceful places than the Adults only pool

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear guest,
I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. On behalf of all our team, we would to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experience during your stay. For us it is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. I accept your feedback for continuous improvement in a future stay.
With regards to your comment about the noises at the beach unfortunately it’s something that is out of our hands once the beach is public not private.
Barceló and its team are working very hard to improve our service on the daily basis.
We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit. We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

If you are Spanish. You truly will starve the food is horrible the bathroom had mold. Room service was burnt as well. The manager Jose Maria is a unprofessional inconsiderate money hungry person. The only pleasant thing I can say is the staff is are beautiful people. Too bad the work there. Wouldn't go back to or ever recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort.
I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. On behalf of all our team, we would to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experience during your stay. For us it is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. I accept your feedbacks for continuous improvement in a future stay.
Vevey, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I spent 6 days at the hotel due to a conference and it was quite impressive. In general I am not a big fan of huge holiday resorts, but it is really nicely done despite of the amount of people/rooms. The beach is great and lots of available space, the same for the different pools.

The buffet breakfast and lunch is good, whereas the evening buffet is not recommendable at all. In the evening it is better to make a reservation at one of the different restaurants.

The service is also good, some of the staff are great, some less engaged, but overall a very positive impression regarding the friendliness of the service.

Rooms are also good, only the bathroom (especially the bathtub) would need an update to match the rest.

The golf course is just great, super fairways and greens and many very challenging holes, absolutely a must for golfers!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Director

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Beach? Share your experiences!