We booked the adults only section. No screaming children there.
The second floor room was spacious and clean and we had a lovely balcony with an ocean view ( from a distance).
Try to get a top floor room as we had to move after 4 days because of day and night *heavy walking* (...) people above us.
Staff made no problem for the change of room.
Beach: Lovely BUT there is so much noise on the beach; from disco and heavy metal *music* and: imagine the beach is 3 kilometers long and unless you went to the most southern part of that beach you were constantly bothered by that *music*and it was so loud you could not hear the waves and neither the beautiful and plenty full palm tree leaves!
I found that a big irritation.
Restaurants: we booked premium and could go to all the restaurants (12....) on the premises. This was included in the *all inclusive* and totally worthwhile!
Good food, beautiful restaurants, very kind and good staff. The only thing you pay is the wine
(about 40 USD for a good bottle of red wine).
The *all inclusive* restaurant was OK for lunch but it tasted to me all a bit of the same.( this is of course a very personnel opinion).
Staff: all over the place kind and respectful staff speaking a not too bad English and/or French.
We had a quick check-in and out and were accompanied to our room.
Grounds: very well maintained. Beautiful palm trees all over the place. Beach is cleaned regularly also.
Would I return: No; I would not return because of the beach noise issue and that is something you can not influence because the noise came ànd from the hotel fitness and aqua sport (or whatever the names may be) and also from the beach tents close to the hotel.
I mean if you come here for a little peace and quiet you are in the wrong place.
The Palace was fantastic; fountains, beautiful sitting area's, shops by the dozen( very expensive not to say outrageous).
I also found the wellness area very beautiful but the treatment prices.....even Switzerland is cheaper let me tell you that.
Overall we had a nice holiday but as I already said this was not our place to be.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the sands of one of the world’s top 10 beaches, the hotel Barceló Bávaro Beach has been reinvented following extensive renovation work to become an exclusive 5-star hotel for adults. Offering access to all facilities at the Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort complex of which it is part, it has numerous bars and restaurants serving lovingly prepared and varied dishes 24 hours a day in a perfect setting, on Punta Cana’s original Bávaro Beach, at the eastern end of the Dominican Republic.During the day, guests can practise any number of sports, ranging from football, tennis, water sports and golf on our 18-hole course. At night, we offer a wealth of entertainment with the various evening shows, discos, casino, and more... Highlights:- Hotel for adults only - Perfect for romantic getaways. - Located on one of the world’s top 10 beaches - Just 15 km from Punta Cana International Airport - 80% of its rooms are right on the beachfront - Rooms with the highest quality finish and cutting-edge technology - Very varied cuisine - Golf course at the Resort- Spa at the Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Barcelo, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.