“Very good hotel in the *adults only* section with a *BUT*” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Save Saved
You added Barcelo Bavaro Beach to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro | PO Box 3177, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #16 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Lausanne
“Very good hotel in the *adults only* section with a *BUT*”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked the adults only section. No screaming children there.
The second floor room was spacious and clean and we had a lovely balcony with an ocean view ( from a distance).
Try to get a top floor room as we had to move after 4 days because of day and night *heavy walking* (...) people above us.
Staff made no problem for the change of room.

Beach: Lovely BUT there is so much noise on the beach; from disco and heavy metal *music* and: imagine the beach is 3 kilometers long and unless you went to the most southern part of that beach you were constantly bothered by that *music*and it was so loud you could not hear the waves and neither the beautiful and plenty full palm tree leaves!
I found that a big irritation.

Restaurants: we booked premium and could go to all the restaurants (12....) on the premises. This was included in the *all inclusive* and totally worthwhile!
Good food, beautiful restaurants, very kind and good staff. The only thing you pay is the wine
(about 40 USD for a good bottle of red wine).
The *all inclusive* restaurant was OK for lunch but it tasted to me all a bit of the same.( this is of course a very personnel opinion).

Staff: all over the place kind and respectful staff speaking a not too bad English and/or French.
We had a quick check-in and out and were accompanied to our room.

Grounds: very well maintained. Beautiful palm trees all over the place. Beach is cleaned regularly also.

Would I return: No; I would not return because of the beach noise issue and that is something you can not influence because the noise came ànd from the hotel fitness and aqua sport (or whatever the names may be) and also from the beach tents close to the hotel.
I mean if you come here for a little peace and quiet you are in the wrong place.

The Palace was fantastic; fountains, beautiful sitting area's, shops by the dozen( very expensive not to say outrageous).
I also found the wellness area very beautiful but the treatment prices.....even Switzerland is cheaper let me tell you that.

Overall we had a nice holiday but as I already said this was not our place to be.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room and if you do not want to be bothered by screaming children then book the a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Barceló Bávaro Beach for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.
Thank you very much for all your nice comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services. With regards to your comment about the noises at the beach unfortunately it’s something that is out of our hands once the beach is public not private.
We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit.
We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.

As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

2,690 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is within a a complex that contains a Conference Center, this Adults Only facility, the Palace Deluxe for families, and the Lakes, with rooms overlooking the golf course. My husband and I have traveled consistently for over 30 years. Cruise, resorts, road trips etc. We like to try new resorts each year. This is the first time we have gone to the same resort twice. That alone says it all! Lol. The adult side is a little less frenzied, without children's screams of joy at play. I love kids but not when my hubby and just want to relax by the pool .
The beach here is white, soft and goes on forever. The water clear and cool. Wildlife abounds, even to a male peacock ad his six females! They wander the grounds and often come up to the patios to be fed a tidbit.
The service and food is accessional and as we travel Air Transat our flights uneventful. ( something you want).
The golf? Well that's up to the player isn't it. The terrain can be roug on balls but a novice to a pro can enjoy the experience. There is a returant (all included) and they will hold your clubs at no care. Yep all is right here at the bavaro beach.resort. All inclusive s the way to go.

Room Tip: Really you don't need an ocean view. You are only in your room usually to sleep but if you like...
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your nice comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services especially our amazing beach and wildlife, about the golf, if you’re a good player, you can enjoy the view just because of how relaxing it is to be there.
Westfield, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked the hotel through Expedia. Make sure you also book the transfers to and from the hotel and airport through Expedia as well. They use a company in the DR called BLU. Be aware that when you arrive at the airport only deal with the people in t-shirts that have the BLU logo. Many others are scams. The hotel complex was large, well run and right on one of the best beaches in the Dominican Republic. The pools are gorgeous. The food is very good. The service is good and courteous. The entertainment ranged from good to poor according to the night. Overall an enjoyable vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms designated as ocean view are NOT on the beach. Those are oceanfront. But you spend so little t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services. With regards to your comments about the entertainment here we have different shows every night in our theater also you can see the different shows every nights at the theater at Palace Deluxe. Our animation staff has a comprehensive program of activities during the day with different times. As a matter fact the activities are: guessing game, beach volleyball, boccia ball, horse shoes, dance lessons, beach soccer, crazy game, besides other.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The ride from the airport is only 15 minutes. Check in was handled professionally and quick. Our room wasn't ready so we changed into our swim attire and headed to the buffet for lunch.

We were in building 1 room 1021 that is an ocean view room. However we could only see tip of the ocean as we looked to our left. Our room faced the bar right beside the pool. At first we thought that this was a negative as we like to sit on the lounge chairs in our garden area and the first day it was very noisy and the next morning someone stole our chairs for the pool. The gardener replaced our chairs and each morning we put towels on them to show they were occupied. Since there were never any chairs after 7am at the pool we found that our location was perfect as we like to be near the pool and the bar in the afternoon.

Rooms are exactly like the pictures on line. There is a large flat screen tv, small fridge filled daily with snacks, beer, juice, water and pop. The maid service was excellent. I love the bedding and duvets as I hate bed spreads at hotels.

I preferred the food at the buffet. There was always lots of fruit to choose from, cheeses and freshly made pasta of your choice. Breakfast had a chef preparing eggs, there was a station for pancakes waffles etc. Most lunches and dinner I had shrimp or lobster. We booked our a la cartes the first day we arrived. We were entitled to 5 but only went to 3. The gourmet was the best both in quality of food and service. I like Brisas last year but found the food and service lacking this time. The Italian we arrived at 9:30pm as per our reservation and were told to go away and come back. I felt sorry for the staff as they were very busy rushed and trying hard. The food was not very good.

There is a daily evening show which we didn't watch.

Great beach ...lots of chairs at any time of the day. It is a long and wide beach with soft sand. The ocean is aqua coloured and easy to access. The swim area is roped in as there are boats and party boats going past. The party boats do crank up the music as they go by the resorts....marketing. It is a noisy beach because of this but I did not find it offensive...part of the experience.

The pool is not large and should have a lot more chairs as there is space for them.

The staff at the bars work hard and they did serve some premium liquor. At BBB the staff's English was adequate but I found at the Palace when I ordered a dry gin martini that I was served a gin and tonic. I only went to the Palace once. My husband used the gym daily at the palace.
I also liked they served popcorn at the lobby bar.

I really like this resort and I will return

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services including our amazing beach. With regards to your comment about the noises at the beach unfortunately it’s something that is out of our hands once the beach is public not private.
Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay, as is your second time at our resort I hope to see a third.
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

From February 16th to the 23rd, my sister and I went to the Barcelo Bavaro Beach hotel for a week of relaxation and, of course, golf. The hotel complex is very big but transportation is not a problem as the little "train" comes by every 10 minutes or so. The golf course staf will even picked us up in front of the complex and brought us back. The hotel itself is impressionable with beautiful lobbies and reception area. Staff were really good and always willing to help. The "a la carte" restaurants are a must as the food is very good and varied with the exception of the "Brisas" where the pork and beef needed an axe to cut. All the other restaurants are to be experienced and its important to book them as soon as you arrive as they are sometimes overbooked and not available. Simply sit down with the staff at the Guest Services office where they speak French and English plus I was allowed to practice my bad spanish, which they helped me correct.
Rooms are clean, comfortable and the cleaning staff are quick to respond to any request we had. Of course, the golf course was in top shape and not that occupied as they have tee-offs every 20/25 minutes instead of the usual 10/15 so there is never any backlog, at least while we were there. The only change from my last trip, is that the golf carts are $65.00 per player instead of the $35.00 I payed two years ago. This is most probably to pay for the fabulous proshop and attached restaurant. This was my fourth trip there and I can't wait to go back for more relaxation and golf. While there, the beach had some algea in the water but this was the first time I ever saw this on any beach in Punta Cana. It was only a minor inconvenience and did not stop us from enjoying the warm waters. One very interesting fact is that we had beach chairs anytime we went to the beach whether early in the morning or alter during the day. It rained for about 15 minutes during the whole week. This hotel is a must for experienced travellers.

Pierre

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quieter as no one is walking on the upper floor. The area we were in was "...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort especially our Golf course and a la carte restaurants. Thanks for visit us and I hope to return soon to enjoy our paradise.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about my experience at Barcelo Bavaro Beach. The beach, the pool, the food, and the service were all top-notch. We loved the relaxed atmosphere and the entertainment (both during the day on the beach and at night at the theater). I'm not sure when I will be able to visit Punta Cana again next, but when I do I will be staying at Barcelo Bavaro Beach. THANK YOU!

• Stayed March 2013
Director Samuel J, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your wonderful comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services.
Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The resort itself and the beach are beautiful, can't complain about that. Most of the people are very friendly. We met some very nice bartenders and waitresses that went out of there way, especially at the swim up bar, Coco Bar, on the family side. Luz, Juan Carlos Valdez, and Jose Cedano where always smiling and happy to serve you, great people, served some mean drinks and had a lot of fun doing there job. Also the bartenders at the Grand Theater were awesome, sorry I don't know there names. One more I need to mention was a waitress at the Sports bar, Strikers, when we walked in she always greeted us with a big smile and a few shots of Mamajuana.
The buffets were just buffets, livable, but got very tired of them. I would say the buffet at Strikers was the one I liked most. The Ala cartes were pretty good for the most part, only downfall was that it took a long time from when you got there until you were done. My wife had a great T-Bone at Chez Gourmet, next night ordered the same thing and I'm not sure what it was, it wasn't very good. One thing that would have been nice is if there would have been sandwiches, etc. from a menu at the pools. Nothing, had to go to the buffet, so that kind of stunk.
We stayed in 4000 block of rooms, the farthest from the lobby. I would have preferred the 2000 block. The rooms were nice, can't complain, they look like the pictures on website. Towel service in rooms was not very good, some days no towels or wash rags, other days maybe one towel and no wash rags, etc. The Mini Bar service was pretty good, a couple of days didn't get fully stocked. It didn't seem to matter that I tipped for both services each day.
The computer and internet room was not very good. I just wanted to check in for my flights and print boarding passes. You have to purchase time to use them and then there is no printer, so somehow you have to figure out how to send your boarding passes by email to the resort and then they print them off. I couldn't figure it out and no one seemed to be able to help me out. After a wasted hour, I left without any results.
The Beach is the best part of the stay, it is very nice. Yes, there are helicopters flying overhead once in a while, boats cruising around playing music and stuff like that, but that did not bother me one bit.

Room Tip: We thought about upgrading to Club Premium, but was told nothing was available. Had option for $420...
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed all services in our resort highlighting the friendliness of our employees, I’m glad you have been enjoying the a la carte restaurants. Thank you for your feedback about our employees, it makes us feel very proud to do this job for you. Thanks for choosing us as a destination for you stay.
we would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your observations to our attention since, it is through communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.
Director

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Beach? Share your experiences!