We booked the adults only section. No screaming children there.
The second floor room was spacious and clean and we had a lovely balcony with an ocean view ( from a distance).
Try to get a top floor room as we had to move after 4 days because of day and night *heavy walking* (...) people above us.
Staff made no problem for the change of room.
Beach: Lovely BUT there is so much noise on the beach; from disco and heavy metal *music* and: imagine the beach is 3 kilometers long and unless you went to the most southern part of that beach you were constantly bothered by that *music*and it was so loud you could not hear the waves and neither the beautiful and plenty full palm tree leaves!
I found that a big irritation.
Restaurants: we booked premium and could go to all the restaurants (12....) on the premises. This was included in the *all inclusive* and totally worthwhile!
Good food, beautiful restaurants, very kind and good staff. The only thing you pay is the wine
(about 40 USD for a good bottle of red wine).
The *all inclusive* restaurant was OK for lunch but it tasted to me all a bit of the same.( this is of course a very personnel opinion).
Staff: all over the place kind and respectful staff speaking a not too bad English and/or French.
We had a quick check-in and out and were accompanied to our room.
Grounds: very well maintained. Beautiful palm trees all over the place. Beach is cleaned regularly also.
Would I return: No; I would not return because of the beach noise issue and that is something you can not influence because the noise came ànd from the hotel fitness and aqua sport (or whatever the names may be) and also from the beach tents close to the hotel.
I mean if you come here for a little peace and quiet you are in the wrong place.
The Palace was fantastic; fountains, beautiful sitting area's, shops by the dozen( very expensive not to say outrageous).
I also found the wellness area very beautiful but the treatment prices.....even Switzerland is cheaper let me tell you that.
Overall we had a nice holiday but as I already said this was not our place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Barcelo, Expedia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana