Week of Feb. 27 to March 6. Well how can a person start? Describing a trip that will leave you wondering if the Barcelo chain has lost it's flair for customer service and loyalty.
The grounds are well kept, the beach is absolutely beautiful. Rooms, the usual and nothing special.
Having stayed at two previous Barcelo's (Mexico and Costa Rica) this had to be the worst (and last) Barcelo we will be staying at. The motto at this particular resort is "no upgrade, no service"
We had booked this resort back in August and had requested a king size bed with ocean view and got two double beds with instruction to move the beds together for the king and a view if palm trees. The reception staff are less than professional and definitely require some type of customer service training considering many people have worked long and hard to save the money required to take these vacations. When the Barcelo decided to train their staff they instructed their staff with "the customer is never right" or conveniently " no understand." People travel long distances only to be subjected to "your room is not ready" and "we are overbooked." Seriously!
The food is adequate and will keep you alive for a week. The alcohol is not a big deal for us but even labeling myself as a moderate drinker, I know when someone is "watering down the booze."
The a la carte restaurants are not too bad the dress code is torn blue jeans with runners. The waiters and waitresses never ask how your meal is or neglect to fill the wine glass up. NICE! The only gratification I got here was walking out without tipping. Cruel? Not really.
Helicopters flying directly over the resort a few times per hour, speed boats, catamarans and pirate ships with the music blasting bass constantly is the reality of this getaway. If your looking for a relaxing, quiet getaway this is not the place for you.
I would have loved coming here in my twenties but the reality is I'm double that age and require a more "adult only resort" with some sort of sophistication not a alcohol fueled party. Don't be fooled with upgrading to Club Premium , people that had, were eating the same food as we were with the Prestige class.
Oh well, there's always next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the sands of one of the world’s top 10 beaches, the hotel Barceló Bávaro Beach has been reinvented following extensive renovation work to become an exclusive 5-star hotel for adults. Offering access to all facilities at the Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort complex of which it is part, it has numerous bars and restaurants serving lovingly prepared and varied dishes 24 hours a day in a perfect setting, on Punta Cana’s original Bávaro Beach, at the eastern end of the Dominican Republic.During the day, guests can practise any number of sports, ranging from football, tennis, water sports and golf on our 18-hole course. At night, we offer a wealth of entertainment with the various evening shows, discos, casino, and more... Highlights:- Hotel for adults only - Perfect for romantic getaways. - Located on one of the world’s top 10 beaches - Just 15 km from Punta Cana International Airport - 80% of its rooms are right on the beachfront - Rooms with the highest quality finish and cutting-edge technology - Very varied cuisine - Golf course at the Resort- Spa at the Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Barcelo, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana