Our stay consisted of 1 week as part of a large group. Highlights included fantastic facilities, something for everyone. The coffee was amazing, drinks were never too "boozy" and the night time entertainment was good. Downsides were mainly the food and service. Food was horrible at the buffets and lots of times it was unclear as to what was actually being served. Breakfast was your best bet for getting a decent full meal. Even then, omelettes were frequently undercooked. We"ve never been to a resort where the risk of food illness was so high. A few people in the group were ill from the food and we ourselves had discovered undercooked beef and lobster a few times. The a la carte restaurants were "ok". The Japanese restaurant is phenomenal and the cigar/coffee shop was great too. Drink orders were consistently wrong, we equate this to the language barrier which is quite big for a resort of this supposed caliber.
For those booking large groups - beware of the Palace Deluxe vs Beach (adults only) bookings. Those with Palace wrist bands are NOT allowed service on the beach side even if they are childless. Beach bands can go anywhere and will be served anywhere. The majority of the a la cartes are on the Palace side which is about a 10 min walk across the resort.
In summar: ok experience, beach was awesome, pool was quiet but, not worth the price and glad to be home.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the sands of one of the world’s top 10 beaches, the hotel Barceló Bávaro Beach has been reinvented following extensive renovation work to become an exclusive 5-star hotel for adults. Offering access to all facilities at the Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort complex of which it is part, it has numerous bars and restaurants serving lovingly prepared and varied dishes 24 hours a day in a perfect setting, on Punta Cana’s original Bávaro Beach, at the eastern end of the Dominican Republic.During the day, guests can practise any number of sports, ranging from football, tennis, water sports and golf on our 18-hole course. At night, we offer a wealth of entertainment with the various evening shows, discos, casino, and more... Highlights:- Hotel for adults only - Perfect for romantic getaways. - Located on one of the world’s top 10 beaches - Just 15 km from Punta Cana International Airport - 80% of its rooms are right on the beachfront - Rooms with the highest quality finish and cutting-edge technology - Very varied cuisine - Golf course at the Resort- Spa at the Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.