What a great time i just had a this hotel, 1 week in February and it was great. First this weas not my first all inclusive, i've been in the Riviera Maya and Cuba and this was the best experience i've had.
This hotel is an Adult only hotel attach to the very large Barcelo palace. But the beach is better rated because it is smaller than the palace and people seem to like smaller setting that the larger one, for adults. The crowed if of every age. i would half are french canadian, 1/4 canadian and many russian, a few european and americans.
The location is Amazing, this is located according to Trip advisor to the 8th best beach in the world and they are right. Beautiful beach, ultra clean and pristine blue water. There a reason for that and you won't find this in Mexico or cuba is that they don't serve drink at the beach or don't have bar directly on the beach so they keep it very clean. But the bar in 1 min away so don't have to worry about that.
the grounds of the hotel are in immaculate condition and the staff is extremely friendly (well 90% of them, some like the towel girl doesn't not seem to like her job and does talk on the phone a lot) there are pleanty of place on the beach and you don't have to reserve your seats in advance there will always be place left, the pool is really good, there is a spa but you have no control on when it starts or stops funny!! the sitting area around the pool might be a problems. they do tend to keep very few chair around the pool and most are taken by 6:00am afterward you'll be lucky to find a place to sit around the pool.
THE ROOMS are great. I don't see the value of upgrading to an oceanview or premier club since most rooms at the beach have a view of the ocean because of the way the hotel is made and the premier club doens't give you any advantages that you can buy there and will be cheaper than the premier club. For instance premier get free wi-fi you can get for about 20$ a day and they have packages for 4, 5, or 7 days which is cheaper than premier club!! And all the rooms look great except for shower pressure there is none!! and obviously the new renovated look great.
The food is Good, there are three restaurant on the beach ground, and many many more at the palace. The buffet is open for all three meal times and La brisa is open for lunch and dinner. The only smaller down side is the buffet, it is a buffet and the food is OK, same things are reapeating themselves and often the fruits where to old or not ripe enough, but you will find somethings that are really good. The a la carte restaurants are amazing (except la briza, bad experience) the only problems most, well all except two of them are at the palace about a 10 min walk or take the train to go there but the train could take up to 10 min just to show and on the way back if you're unlucky you go the long way across the entire palace ground and takes up to 25min time. but the food is great at all the a la carte restaurant (REALLY BIG TIP, RESERVE ALL YOUR A LA CARTE ON THE FIRST DAY YOU ARRIVE)
Overall it is much better the any resort i found in mexico, jamaica, or cuba and will be back next year with the family at the palace and this is rare because i tend to want to try different things, hotels and locsation i go down south.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the sands of one of the world’s top 10 beaches, the hotel Barceló Bávaro Beach has been reinvented following extensive renovation work to become an exclusive 5-star hotel for adults. Offering access to all facilities at the Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort complex of which it is part, it has numerous bars and restaurants serving lovingly prepared and varied dishes 24 hours a day in a perfect setting, on Punta Cana’s original Bávaro Beach, at the eastern end of the Dominican Republic.During the day, guests can practise any number of sports, ranging from football, tennis, water sports and golf on our 18-hole course. At night, we offer a wealth of entertainment with the various evening shows, discos, casino, and more... Highlights:- Hotel for adults only - Perfect for romantic getaways. - Located on one of the world’s top 10 beaches - Just 15 km from Punta Cana International Airport - 80% of its rooms are right on the beachfront - Rooms with the highest quality finish and cutting-edge technology - Very varied cuisine - Golf course at the Resort- Spa at the Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Priceline, Otel, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.