What a great time i just had a this hotel, 1 week in February and it was great. First this weas not my first all inclusive, i've been in the Riviera Maya and Cuba and this was the best experience i've had.
This hotel is an Adult only hotel attach to the very large Barcelo palace. But the beach is better rated because it is smaller than the palace and people seem to like smaller setting that the larger one, for adults. The crowed if of every age. i would half are french canadian, 1/4 canadian and many russian, a few european and americans.
The location is Amazing, this is located according to Trip advisor to the 8th best beach in the world and they are right. Beautiful beach, ultra clean and pristine blue water. There a reason for that and you won't find this in Mexico or cuba is that they don't serve drink at the beach or don't have bar directly on the beach so they keep it very clean. But the bar in 1 min away so don't have to worry about that.
the grounds of the hotel are in immaculate condition and the staff is extremely friendly (well 90% of them, some like the towel girl doesn't not seem to like her job and does talk on the phone a lot) there are pleanty of place on the beach and you don't have to reserve your seats in advance there will always be place left, the pool is really good, there is a spa but you have no control on when it starts or stops funny!! the sitting area around the pool might be a problems. they do tend to keep very few chair around the pool and most are taken by 6:00am afterward you'll be lucky to find a place to sit around the pool.
THE ROOMS are great. I don't see the value of upgrading to an oceanview or premier club since most rooms at the beach have a view of the ocean because of the way the hotel is made and the premier club doens't give you any advantages that you can buy there and will be cheaper than the premier club. For instance premier get free wi-fi you can get for about 20$ a day and they have packages for 4, 5, or 7 days which is cheaper than premier club!! And all the rooms look great except for shower pressure there is none!! and obviously the new renovated look great.
The food is Good, there are three restaurant on the beach ground, and many many more at the palace. The buffet is open for all three meal times and La brisa is open for lunch and dinner. The only smaller down side is the buffet, it is a buffet and the food is OK, same things are reapeating themselves and often the fruits where to old or not ripe enough, but you will find somethings that are really good. The a la carte restaurants are amazing (except la briza, bad experience) the only problems most, well all except two of them are at the palace about a 10 min walk or take the train to go there but the train could take up to 10 min just to show and on the way back if you're unlucky you go the long way across the entire palace ground and takes up to 25min time. but the food is great at all the a la carte restaurant (REALLY BIG TIP, RESERVE ALL YOUR A LA CARTE ON THE FIRST DAY YOU ARRIVE)
Overall it is much better the any resort i found in mexico, jamaica, or cuba and will be back next year with the family at the palace and this is rare because i tend to want to try different things, hotels and locsation i go down south.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana