“Great Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Save Saved
You added Barcelo Bavaro Beach to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro Km. 1, 23301 Bavaro-Punta Cana | PO Box 3177, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
East Orange, New Jersey
“Great Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was looking for a nice resort for lying on the beach and Barcelo Bavaro Beach was it. The hotel was clean, and the staff was always helpful. Barcelo Bavaro Beach is situated on a white sand beach. They have something for everyone. The hotel was a quiet, adults only, but there is more action and families next door at the resort's larger hotel. There is a train that runs every 20 minutes to get you to a larger selection of restaurants, bars, activities, and shopping.

The food was average buffet offerings. Definitely make reservations for the a-la carte restaurants for dinner which are a slight step up from the buffets. All-inclusive drinks were below average, but I'm not a big drinker so I was okay with coffee and water.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

2,888 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Good Service makes all the difference between a good hotel and a great hotel. I have been to many hotels and resorts around the world; this hotel is very good, but what made it stand out for me was top-notch service from someone that speaks superb English and also understands American (and European) culture and the need for going the extra mile for the "customer". The service of Daniel (and I believe his manager Gisela who I am sure directs his work) made my stay perfect. I was having trouble getting basic information from the travel group (that sells excursions but fries not assist with independent travel) and also asking about local sights and tourist attractions - and Daniel assisted. He also adored me to give Me more info on the resort itself and tell me what I should do/see.

Overall - the resort had good amenities, lovely pool and beach (although they could take the seaweed more in the water in front of intel but that is minor), and staff are kind and always smile.

Thanks for a nice trip.
- Michael, Richmond VA USA

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at Bavaro Beach from 11/25/2012 - 11/30/2012. Just when I thought this place was Excellent, they have really upped their game since my last stay in August. They are really focused on customer service and making sure your stay with them is a great experience. They have heard the complainers who complained about the staff not speaking English. All of the staff members spoke English very well and even knew enough to teach me a little Spanish. The grounds are well maintained and the rooms are clean. Another great stay!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This place is a great spot to go,
I have just recently got back from my vacation Nov 30/12 from the Barcelo' Bavaro Beach and as soon as I arrived I noticed the place is very well kept, the staff is very nice and polite but most of them do not speak English very well. My room was very clean and the ocean view was not bad , The pool was very large and nicely laid out with plenty of lawn chairs to lie on, the white sandy beach was long and very well kept at times with plenty of space and not overly crowded.
All the restaraunts were very modern and high class looking with good service and tasty food. The buffet was good but the food could have had a bit more flavor. The Palace Premium was very Modern also and huge with lots of pools and Bars, large theater, and plenty of Spas to pamper you and was sort of exciting when you enter.
I definately will come back next year to this resort, they even baked me a cake for my Birthday and gave me a tee-shirt to boot!
CHEERS to Evelyn - Thank You! - Pat A. Calgary,AB. Canada

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

If you are undecided about upgrading, get over it. The room service breakfasts alone are worth the price.
Beautiful water/beach. The food was well above average (YOU try cooking for a couple thousand people, three times a day and see how great a job YOU do).
We paid for the VIP treatment, and we got it.
"Awesome" doesn't quite to this property justice.

Note: At the risk of being bombarded by the local shop owners when leaving the property on the north end of the beach, if you look for the white shack advertising "hair braiding", you can get a pretty terrific massage for $20. It was way better than we got at the resort.

• Stayed October 2012
Montreal Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I just came back from a vacation to Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel in the adult section, we were there from Nov 23 to 29th, we wnet there for a special golfing trip. ( we played all the ebst of DR Corales, La Cana, Punta Espada, Teeth of the dog and the Barcelo course The lakes for more details see my other reviews of the golf course) If you like to spend a lot of time on the beach, there is no doubt in my mind that you will love the hotel, the pool section is very nice too. If for you hotel rooms are very important and you are looking at something new than I highly recommend that you ask to get an upgrade room, ours was okay in the 3000 section, ground floor but the room needs a complete overhaul to meet the 4.5 to 5 stars rating, the bath was dirty stain with something pink, the bath-shower is small, and it requires some painting on the wall, door is damage.....etc... overhaul needed

Also the room service is not very good, yes floor is cleaned, bed is made but sometimes you don't have towels our you get only one, no toilet paper, kleenex, even pillow covers are missing...we were giving tip for the maid and towards the week it get worst and worst, we call guest services or try to talk to a maid in the corridor to get what was missing....there was a little smell everytime that you enter the room....in my book this is not 5 stars more like 3.5 stars

Another tip: with Maid service, everyday or everyday 2 days they clean the patio outside but they don't look the patio door with a special locking pin....be aware of that anyone may access your room by the patio door when you are away

on the positive note: AC worked very well and our room was facing the beach.

We tried 3 speciality restaurant Chez Gourmet, Santa Fe and Dolce vita, Chez Gourmet thanks to Freddy our waiter the service the food was good and the ambiance very good, Dolce Vita wow! the food was excellent I had veal and my wife an Osso Bucco everything was good, service was impeccable, very nice waiters and good pace for service.

On the negative side: Santa Fee....the worst service that we had during our stay and my New York steak had so much fate on it and the vegetables were terrible some had black mildew on it. The waiters were pushy and not respectable. We ordered a bottle of wine because the house wine taste more vinegar or grape juice than wine...expect to pay from $25.00 and more for a good selection of wine, the wine is not overpriced. After my terrible steak experience and least I had my wine to drink, so in 3 occasions they rushed us with dessert when we had some wine to drink, I had to say to 3 waiters, we will order dessert when we are done with our wine my wife and I and then suddenly another waiter brought me the invoice for the bottle, ( the section of the restaurant was empty just few tables were taken)....no one were waiting outside for a table....I was furious of this pushy style....if you are planning to have a steak at Santa Fe restaurant, when you enter the restaurant pick the left section the right section is like a cafeteria, no ambiance and extremely lighted....I can not recommend anyway this restaurant based on my experience.

The buffet Caribe is excellent, a lot of choice, I want to share a secret...this is a buffet but we had the best service of all restaurants because of one person her name is Maira, she was so nice to us, when you enter the buffet her section is at the left back section near the buffet sliding doors and close to the beach...she took care of us like we were her children, orange juice drinks on the tables when she saw us, she was picking the best table close to her for us, coffee, they have expresso capuccino machine and she was going to get us our coffee like we want it...at lunch was beer our soft drinks our at the dinner, the food was good with a lot of choices and we had Maira....I give her her tip everyday because she was taking care of us like no other..well desserve, I invite you to sit in her section, her english is OK but her smile is wonderful

Overall, it is a nice resort but not the best we went because there is a lot of things that are not to a real 5 stars hotel, internet and wifi not free...went other hotel it is available no charge, maid service not standard....+ the rest of my reviews

But the grounds are kept clean, grass is beautiful and green, beach is nice, a lot of lounge chairs....if you want to relax with no kids around....you can consider this place...

enjoy no problemo!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Completely new resort after renovation. We didn't even recognize the place. Excellent grounds, rooms, food, and service. We had nothing to complain about except that we couldn't stay longer. This resort is adult only but a short walk or mini-train ride away is the Palace which allows kids. Lots to do! You can find quiet places or join in the action.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Beach? Share your experiences!