“A great week!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Beach

You added Barcelo Bavaro Beach to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro Km. 1 | PO Box 3177, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Early booking offer
Ranked #15 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Montreal, Canada
“A great week!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just got back from the BBB : one large, super clean and impressive resort! Site, beach, theater, disco and casino we are all great. Food was good except one bad experience at La Brisa. The best thing at the BBB : friendliness of the staff, mostly of Alexandra at the front desk who helped and entertained us with her nice smile! Golf is 8/10, better than the Cocotal at the Melia. Negative thing : noise from the staff cleaning the rooms is starting early and you can hear them in the corridor from your room. With that big of a resort, there is a way to be in the action or somewhere more quiet. Thanks to all the staff for that very nice week!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Polish first
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Rooms: spacious but dated, super clean
Food: Most of the reserved dinners were at the Palace Deluxe, we didnt have a bad meal , nothing was amazing though but it was decent. My fav was the Mexican
Beach: The beach was nice, cleaned daily
Drinks: Long line ups at the bar, drinks were yummy not over poured like some of my previous experiences
Night Life: Disco was awesome same music nightly but fun(palace deluxe side), shows were well done on both sides, Casino slot machines kept eating my money

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My 2 best friends and I had a fantastic vacation at this Resort. And everyone who worked at the Resort helped make it wonderful. We were there in early Nov. which was perfect because it wasn't overcrowded. Always a chair open by the beach or pool. I loved walking up and down the beach every day, it just went on and on. The buffet was decent but the sister hotel buffet at The Palace Deluxe was better and easy to get to with the provided transportation. The service was very good, everyone was there to help you for whatever you might need. Rosario in the VIP area took very good care of us and made sure our needs were met and always with a smile. We were also taken very good care of by Mabel and Jackarya, they are very nice and professional. I also have to make sure to mention that Luna our bellman also took very good care of us when needed, such a nice man. Housekeeping also did a very good job and made sure to restock the mini fridge. I always leave tips for them, they work so hard. The one excursion we took that was booked through the Resort was taking a catamaran to go snorkeling. It was a 4 hour package that also included lunch and tons of fun in the sun & water and they got you up and dancing too! This is where we will stay again when we come back!

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade to a Superior Room Oceanfront view I highly recommend it and I would al...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our trip started as all do, the check in desk. Here I was greeted by what has to date become the most pleasant staff member I have ever had the pleasure of meeting,her name is Alexandra! I travel a lot and have come across some of the most disgruntled employees imaginable, Barcelo has none. The check in desk is the heart of the resort you will pass it every day of your stay. Alexandra is pleasant, knowledgeable, friendly, upbeat, helpful, and bilingual. The resort is beautiful, we stayed in the very last wing 4000+ the view was quite nice given it was not ocean front. The rooms are super clean beds are super comfortable and the AC will freeze your butt off! Plenty of resturants to choose from plus two buffets. You won't be disappointed. Book your trip and be sure to ask for Alexandra her charming personality and warm smile are sure to complete your stay!

Room Tip: Ocean front gets you VIP status
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I have nothing but amazing things to say about the Barcelona Bavaro Beach Resort. The service is amazing, as is the hotel, and the location. If you do not enjoy screaming children make sure to book at the adults only Bavaro Beach. Booking here gives you access to the entire complex, Bavaro Beach and the Palace Delude. The complex is very clean and secure as are the rooms. A word to the wise, purchase the Club Premium. The additional befits far out way the cost, well worth it. When you check in and have the Club Premium remember to talk to Joanna. She can and will make your stay amazing. Our 10 day stay in absolute paradise was thanks to Joanna, the Club Premium staff, all of the servers, all of the staff, the amazing hotel, the epic location, and the rum. Thank you all so much and I hope to be back as soon as I can.

• Stayed November 2012
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My spouse and I were part of a group that attended the Barcelo resort the week of the 11th of November, 2012. We were all booked into the Palace Deluxe but arrived to find that most of us had been moved to the Beach! However, that is another story involving Air Transat in Canada and an unsympathetic front desk manager at Palace Deluxe! For now I will limit my remarks to the entire Barcelo complex.

Everything as far as traveling and customs etc, went fine, no long delays or holdups. We stayed in one of the blocks at the Barcelo Beach. The room was okay, lots of hot water, cleaned well every day and the mini bar restocked.

The "Beach" side is definitely a lot quieter than the Palace Deluxe. There was never any problem finding a seat (in the shade if you wanted) either by the poolside or on the beach. I love my kids but sometimes its nice to get away and not hear other people's kids yelling, crying, whining, etc, so in that respect the Beach is the way to go. We had ample opportunity to head over to the Palace Deluxe side to socialize with our friend's children.

Any staff member that we dealt with seemed willing to assist and even with our limited Spanish we were able to communicate our desires easily. The staff really appreciate your attempts to speak Spanish and you should certainly not expect everyone to be fluent in English, after all, it is a Spanish speaking country!

We had full access to the Palace Deluxe side. We ate at five a la cartes, Sante Fe steakhouse, Kyoto Japanese restaurant, Fuente Mexican, Chez Gourmet international, and La Dolce Vita Italian. All were good although only the Chez Gourmet was actually at the Beach. My spouse liked the Mexican the best while I liked Chez Gourmet (very fancy). We had to pay 30 USD to eat at the Japanese restaurant as we were not registered at Palace Deluxe, not sure why. The buffets at both resorts were typical. Ate once at La Brisas buffet at the Palace Deluxe Junior Suites area and while it was a bit smaller it was fine too. Strikers sports bar is a 24 hour bar at Palace Deluxe which also offers a limited 24 hour buffet. I didn't meet anyone brave enough to try the hotdogs but there were lots of other offerings!

For the most part, waits at the bars for service were fairly short if they existed at all. Premium liquor is available but if you're just there for the sun and fun the local liquors will do it for you!

Beaches were very nice, much better than the north side of the island. Five out of seven days were green flags.

We did two excursions. The first was zip lining booked through the hotel (89 USD per person). It was called Canopy and it did not disappoint us. There were fifteen platforms and this company seemed very safety conscious. Our second excursion was booked through a guy on the beach just at the marketplace where the resort ends. I forget his name but he was originally from Halifax. The excursion was on dune buggies and we were able to barter the price down significantly than from what the hotel offered. This trip was with "Wild Tiger" and was a blast! Expect to get dirty but also opportunities to get clean at Macao Beach and in a pool of water at the bottom of a cave (kind of!). Well worth the 50 USD per person!

Overall, other than the mix up by Air Transat, this was a good trip. I would most likely not go back as we like to try different places and experience new things. However, some people like to stay at the same place and for those persons I would give this resort a thumbs up.

Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I personally love to travel. Anywhere and everywhere. The last few year I average about 20 weeks around the world with work and personal travel. for around 2 weeks a year a family get away has been a tradition in my family for 25 years. We tried this hotel 2 years ago and swore we would never go anywhere else. This year is even better then the last. The service is amazing the staff is so helpful. Rosie, Johanna, (sorry about the spelling) at the premium desk are incredibly helpful they would literally give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. I had the unfortunate pleasure of losing my luggage flying down with AIr Canada. Johanna personally pick up the few clothes I had and took them to be cleaned and personally delivered them to my room when they were ready. They have been in contact with the airport and taking care of all the stress of the bag lose. They always had a staff member drive me to the local mall to purchase a suit for the gala I was attending. This doesnt even begin to describe how delicious the food is. The food at the buffets are comparable to most al le cartes at other hotels. The al le cartes here are superb. We dined at the French restaurant and the lamb was the juiciest most delicious I have ever had. The japanese, the steak house, the italian and spanish there literally is something for everyone. The also have vegetarian options which is a rarity. The premium gives you free internet. And access to every bar on the resort and they see your bracelet they treat you like gods. And the actual cost of the trip still blows my mind. The value you get is outrageous. The trip I just went on would probably cost around a quarter of what I would have paid anywhere else and the trip was 100 times better. There is not enough words to describe what an incredible experience it is to come down. As I said before I will not travel anywhere else. A++!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Everyroom is amazing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Beach? Share your experiences!