Just got back yesterday. No complaints here. Stayed in a standard premium room which faced the pool. Excellent location to walk to everything in seconds. Glad we did not upgrade to deluxe. There was no need. Went to the Palace everyday by the train which you caught out front or walked 10 minutes down the beach. The resort is massive and lovely. Always people working and cleaning. Casino is okay, tons of shopping at the Palace. Overall, food was okay. Ate at Chez Gourmet, La Dolce Vita and the Coral Seafood. Disliked that one the most. Buffets had an over abundance amount of food. No problem finding something to eat everyday. Employees seem to be all nice. Defintely a language barrier. Never had to wait for them to come over and ask us what we wanted. Minimal tips help service. They remember you, even after working a 12 hour day. We didn't do any excursions. Bathrooms could use an update, but no worries.
This was really a nice R and R vacation. Please e-mail me with any other questions. This is how we learned about the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana