We visited the resort at the start of October for our honeymoon and we only have good words to say about it! From the moment we checked in we were greeted by happy smiling staff who couldn't do enough to make sure everything was just right.
The hotel is right next to the beach and is just like being in paradise! It is so so beautiful and we always managed to find a quiet spot easily. The hotel staff also clear the seaweed everyday!
The meals served in the buffet restaurants were varied and of good quality. There are also several A La Carte restaurants,mostly at the Palace hotel. I would recommend booking these in advance as they get booked up quick and would highly recommend Chez Gourmet and the Italian restaurant. We also booked a romantic meal on the beach on our last evening which is well worth the money!
The drinks were strong but also good! Alcohol content is high and can put you on your backside if your not careful as doubles seem to be the norm out there. Tipping does help but I wouldn't go mad with it as just being nice to the staff goes a long way.
We did a couple of the local excursions, the first being Megatrucks which is amazing! It's a real insight into local culture and the tour guides are brilliant. The second was to Saona island which was average at best. Unless you are excited by a roadkill barbecue and being swarmed with midges you will not enjoy this one. Definately book the Megatruck excursion though!
The entertainment on the resort itself was really top quality, they had a Michael Jackson show while we where there and it was EPIC! That boy had some serious moves, started to wonder if the king of pop actually did die.
The trains that go around the resort can be slightly annoying as you have no idea when they will turn up, but all in all they are pretty good. The mini golf is really good just get there before 6pm or you have to pay which is not good! Also remember to take your insect repellent!
Our two favourite people we met at the resort were Alexandra on reception and Fastino in the buffet restarurant who both very helpful and always happy to see to us and have a chat!
In short we would highly recommend the resort, if you want good service just dont be rude.
We hope to return to celebrate one of our Wedding Anniversaries!
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the sands of one of the world’s top 10 beaches, the hotel Barceló Bávaro Beach has been reinvented following extensive renovation work to become an exclusive 5-star hotel for adults. Offering access to all facilities at the Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort complex of which it is part, it has numerous bars and restaurants serving lovingly prepared and varied dishes 24 hours a day in a perfect setting, on Punta Cana’s original Bávaro Beach, at the eastern end of the Dominican Republic.During the day, guests can practise any number of sports, ranging from football, tennis, water sports and golf on our 18-hole course. At night, we offer a wealth of entertainment with the various evening shows, discos, casino, and more... Highlights:- Hotel for adults only - Perfect for romantic getaways. - Located on one of the world’s top 10 beaches - Just 15 km from Punta Cana International Airport - 80% of its rooms are right on the beachfront - Rooms with the highest quality finish and cutting-edge technology - Very varied cuisine - Golf course at the Resort- Spa at the Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Priceline, Otel, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.