“Top Notch as always! I recommend CLUB PREMIUM to anyone!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only

You added Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro Km. 1 | PO Box 3177, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% discount
Ranked #20 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
“Top Notch as always! I recommend CLUB PREMIUM to anyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

As always, the best hotel in all of dominican. If you have the chance to upgrade to club premium, i highly recommend it. You get private check in, upgraded alcohols, free room service and the staff there is impossible to beat. Had a lovely week with Rosie, Henry, Joanna and so many more at club premium, they really took care of us! Saw some great new shows and even had the luck that the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders were doing a calender shoot there this week, pretty fantastic. Again, thanks so much to the staff and management at Barcelo Bavaro Beach cause they are the ones that keep us coming back again and again!

Room Tip: Upgrade to club premium!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bavaro_Beach_Resort, Quality Department at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Dear Mr. Bryan,

We really appreciate your kind review about your experience with us and for sharing it with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Beach. Please, in your upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to welcome you once again.

Barceló Bávaro Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Polish first
Port Hope, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Let me start by saying that this was our second time to Punta Cana, but our first experience at a Barcelo. We are in our early fifties and prefer to relax at an adult's only resort. We like smaller all inclusives as we're not into the bustle of the mega resorts.
This resort is compromised of 3 separate "units". Our area, the adult section, is a trolley ride away from the other two areas. There is shopping available and many restaurants, just a short ride down the interconnecting road.You also have the option of walking down the beach, which would be a bit of a hike, but manageable.
Our section was extremely quiet and obviously not fully booked. There were literally hundreds of available loungers at the beach all day long, as well as quite a few empty ones around the pool, even in the afternoon. Many mornings we were literally the first ones down by the pool, feeling foolish to be there at the "early" hour of 9 or 10 a.m. We have never been to a resort where people weren't rushing to reserve loungers. Mind you, this is off season. I'm sure in February it's a different story.
The pool was kept very clean, as was the beach area. There is no swim up bar which I personally liked. There were no drunks sitting for hours on stools around a pool bar. We never waited for bar service at the pool bar, which is raised up a few steps from the pool itself.
We swam every day in the ocean, as it was not too wavy, as it was at another resort we have stayed at in Punta Cana. Yes, there is lots of action out on the water, with a parade of power boats etc. going by frequently, but it didn't bother us one bit. The site that is irritating are the 3 pens out in the water, where they have contained dolphins and sharks and rays. People..no one should be paying money to "interact" with captive animals, especially dolphins. I can not understand what is exciting about "swimming" with these poor creatures. If tourists stopped supporting this industry it would no longer be financially viable. It is not the resort that has the pens, but unfortunately you can't avoid seeing them when you're on the beach.
Anyway, that was the worst thing to me about being on the beach, just knowing what was out in those pens. Otherwise, it was gorgeous, and absolutely no locals trying to sell anything at all.
People need to stop complaining about the food. There are lots of restaurant choices, some better than others. We found the ones at the sister resort to be too big and busy. Our favourite was Chez Gourmet on the adult side. It was very quiet and we were not rushed at all. Excellent service, as well.
The buffets are more than adequate. I LOVED that the food stations are sealed and temperature controlled, in one huge room. There are sliding doors that you enter/exit through, so absolutely no bugs/birds etc. can access the food stations. It was very clean and well staffed. Yes, sometimes the french toast wasn't as hot as I'd like and the servers were a little slow in bringing the water etc., but people need to stop complaining. There was always lots of food choices, from yogurt in the morning to pasta and salads, cheeses and breads in the afternoon and evening.
The public washrooms were spotlessly clean. I can't imagine how they manage it, but they do.
We got a 3rd floor room facing the ocean. Other reviews are correct, you can hear every footfall on the tile floors and the sound does carry. The rooms don't appear to be overly sound proofed, as you are able to hear the TV from next door etc. I ended up with ear plugs on two nights, but I survived.
The rooms have nice, large balconies that are very clean, and little drying racks on which to dry your bathing suits. The beds are super comfy, as are the pillows. The safe in the closet is free and works just fine. The AC worked beautifully.
We tipped everyone very well, as we felt it reflected the quality of the service. We also converted ten Canadian dollars into $360. Dominican dollars, which we used in conjunction with the American money we brought.
We LOVED this resort, and guess what???? We even managed to eat just fine for 7 days!!! From the heaping plates we saw people deavouring, my guess is that many other folks found the food to be more than adequate.
We would highly recommend this resort. We plan to return next year.
By the way, one of the very hard working managers looks so much like the actor, Stanley Tucci. We would see him every evening around the main lobby bar area - he never seemed to stop working. If you know the actor I am referring to, you can't miss this guy. It made me smile every time I saw him.
You'll really enjoy your time at this resort. We had no issues whatsoever!

Room Tip: We were in building one and we faced the ocean, so the noise at night from 10 till 11:15 did not bot...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bavaro_Beach_Resort, Quality Department at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, June 7, 2012

Perryopolis, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I agree totally with "Great Place, bad food" review. We just got back June 4. First of all my .husband and I are a very young 54 and 59, opened minded and easy to please. We are not picky eaters, and make the best of most situations. So it's unusual for me to write a review that has a lot of negativity in it. When we were able to get a reservation at a restaurant at the Palace Deluxe (at a time convenient for us and not the resorts) the food was, in my opinion, very good. But the attitude of some , not all of the servers, was rude. And it wasn't a tipping issue because we always tippped. I loved the beach area. It was absolutely beautiful. The resort itself is spotlessly clean and also very beautiful. It was a first time visit to Punta Cana, but we've stayed at all inclusive adult only and at family friendly resorts before in the Riveria Maya area of Mexico. Since our children are grown, we prefer to stay in adult only resorts. I would NOT consider this an adult only resort because all of the best places to eat (including the good buffets) were 10 to 15 min. walk or train ride to the sister resort (Palace Deluxe). Our resort had a buffet of the same not so good food every morning, afternoon and night. It also had two restaurants that you needed reservations for in order to eat. The Barcelo Bravero Beach and Convention was more like staying at family friendly resort that had an adult only pool and sleeping area. EVERYTHING from eating, to entertainment, to shopping, to the spa, and gym is at the Palace Deluxe Resort next door. Which has families with many children running around. ( including crying tired babies and young preschoolers , not to mention the 2 darling children around the age of 10 playing hide and seek under the tables while we trying to have dinner). I didn't like the idea of making dinner reservations the day of arrival or by 4:00 on the day you wanted to eat. I was on vacation, and my husband and I didn't know what or when we wanted to eat a week in advance. I did get reservations 3 nights of our vacation and 2 of the places was where the resort decided we could go, because it was all they had left at a time we wanted to eat.(I don't like eating at 10 p.m.) It was almost impossible to get a reservation between 7 p.m and 8:30 p.m. even though our resort was not crowded and we would go by a restaurants and there would be many tables empty. In spite of the above complaints, my husband and I made our own fun and enjoyed our week away together. Celebrating our anniversary and his recent retirement. The weather was wonderful, the resort is clean an nicely kept, there was plenty of empty lounges and the BEACH is the best part of this resort. IT IS BEAUTIFUL! And looking at the right side, I think we lost a few pounds by not eating so much and walking the 10 to 15 min trek back and forth to the Barcelo Palace quite a few times everyday and night! Again, like "great place, bad food " said it was just enough small issues to make me not return. This would be a wonderful resort if they would just loosen up their rules and let their guest enjoy their beautiful resort and awesome beach. To the management there, making men wear long pants and closed shoes to dinner, did not make my husband happy. Even though he did while he was visiting your resort. This is not a cruise ship nor did you have a captains dinner that we needed to dress up for. We choose resorts over cruises because we just want to enjoy the sun, a beautiful beach, drinks and food, but most of all to "relax" have "fun" and do what ever we want when ever we choose to do it. We know you work long and hard at your job and so do we. Most of us only get one week a year to enjoy ourselves and relax. We have to watch our clocks and listen to our bosses all year long, so don't make us watch our clock and abide by rules that don't matter while we are on vacation.

massachusettes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I just returned from Barcelo Bavaro Beach(adults only resort) after a 5 day trip. Let me first say that the resort is beautiful,well kept. We breezed right through check in-we took a transfer with Felix Castillo to the resort so we checked in without a crowd.We were escorted to our room on a little golf cart because we were in the last building. We loved our locale as it was far away from any night noise but still right on that beautiful beach!! I should preface this as being a low budget quick getaway for us so I therefore did not pay for any upgrades-we were not oceanfront and we did not pay for "premium club". We had no problem with any service on the adult side-all the bartenders and waiters and waitresses were very nice and yes we did tip when we would at home-for drinks and food and for the young woman making up our room.

Food- Not good and I just do not get it when people are saying it was fantastic. I am not picky but the buffets serve the same thing every day and unless you are there when they are putting it in the pans it is just not hot. By the third day we knew enough to never take anything that should be hot from the front of the buffet table--only take from the back row and chances were it would still be warm to hot. Nothing is seasoned and all is extremely bland. In the morning we would get omelets made to order(weird but these tasted like nothing-I had ham and onion but still bland),made to order waffles-yummy,made to order crepes-yummy. You also could get made to order eggs. We would load up at breakfast on smoothies(made to order also),waffles or crepes,fruit and yogurt because this was by far the best meal of the day. Lunch and dinner was ok at best but only after we figured out to take food only from back pans or to order from the 2 guys who would make you pasta meals or you could go to the other cook who would cook you fish,pork,chicken--this was ok food because at least you knew it would be hot. We did go to the one ala carte that were allowed to at our resort and the food was okay-not great. Our waiter was very nice young man but we did not feel that it was much better than the buffet. We went to Strikers over at the palace one night but our waiter was extremely rude-really acted like he did not care about us and did not want to be there--think this man needs a new job! Maybe trash duty or cleaning toilets would be more to his liking.We spent most nights over at the palace-we had a lot of fun at the casino(my husband was up 500 bux by the time we left-I only lost 20 buxs) Shows were okay and we loved the roof top room at night over at the palace-very cozy!

Beach and Pool-Loved the beach,no problems ever getting loungers and plenty of sun,shade or dappled sun/shade. No need to get up early to get a spot on the beach. Pool was beautiful and very nice. Lots of loungers here,3 beds.some really comfy chairs in shade and sun. No complaints here.

Overall we loved the resort,we thought it was beautiful but unfortunately there is no way that we would go back because the thought of eating that food again will keep us away. So sad because everything else was so superb! We will go back to Punta Cana but we will be in search of a new resort!

Saint James, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at this resort. We had an overall great time. There were only 2 negatives we had with the resort.
The first negative, which was extremely minor, was when we arrived our room was not by the couple’s room we had scheduled with; we had requested that the rooms be together. The check in staff tried to fix the issue and they did put our room by one another. The downfall to that was that we lost our ocean view, which we didn't discover until later. The other was that we never got all the little extras we were supposed to get because we were on our honeymoon.
The second negative was that we went to eat at the sports bar at the Bavaro Palace. The staff was very rude, which was very out of character for the resort. All the other restaurants we ate at the wait staff was outstanding. The food was undercooked very badly. We had ordered hamburgers and they were still bleeding on the plate. Being in a foreign country and not being overly sure about the sanitation practices we asked that they be taken back and cooked well done. They did get the burgers done right but that was the end of any service. We asked at least 4 different wait staff to get refills on our drinks. The last one picked up our glasses, glared at us as if we were interrupting her day and stormed off to the bar. We watched her pick up drinks and take them to 3 different tables and never return to ours. We asked her again and she walked away without a word. After watching her take drinks to another table we gave up and left.
There was much more good than bad. The best bartender we found was named Jose; he worked at the bar right by the entrance. The best waiter, also Jose works at the La Brisa restaurant. The rooms were kept clean and well stocked with towels and drinks. The staff everywhere, other than the sports bar, would always give you a smile and say hello when they see you. I had read some reviews that said the food was not good. I definitely did not find that to be the case. The meals were huge and the food tasted great. The views were breathtaking and the grounds were kept manicured in every detail. One big plus was the noted lack of bugs. Even around the street lights at night there just weren't a lot of bugs. I can't say for sure if it stays like that farther inland but by the coast it was very nice. There were many more things we really loved about the place and we would definitely recommend a visit to any of our friends and we will go back some day.

Room Tip: If you are looking for stuff to do on the resort closer to your rooms stay at the Bavaro Palace area...
Lawrenceville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I are so glad we chose this resort. The location is wonderful and the beach is beautiful. There are plenty of chairs and a lot of room on the beach, never overcrowded. The pool is great and well taken care of. We never had a problem getting chairs by the pool. The buffets are good, but they serve the same food every day. We enjoyed all the ala carte restaurants. Drinks at the bars are usually strong. The service was good in all areas and it gets better if you tip well. Overall this is a great resort and a good value.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1021. It is located right by the pool with a partial beach view and a great patio...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bavaro_Beach_Resort, Quality Department at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your kind review about your experience with us and for sharing it with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Beach. Please, in your upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to welcome you once again to our Caribbean paradise, always your second home.

Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I so enjoyed staying at this Resort as an All Inclusive Resort - There is a small train that runs every 20 minutes from one end to the other, making getting around so much easier, but walking along the boardwalk on the ocean side offered fabulous views of the carribean.
I've stayed in other all inclusives, and the food was just ok, but the food at this resort was well presented, and offered a hugh selection to suit everyones tastes. They also have restuarants on site which you can reserve in advance - Steak house, Seafood, Teppan Style Japanese, Mexican, all with a terrific selection. Just make your reservations as early as possible because they book up quickly. For activities they offer a casino, and there is a disco on site if you want to dance. In the daytime there are boats, kayaks, and catamarans available to use as a part of the all inclusive -
The staff was attentive and always around the corner, offering to make your stay a terrific one, showing you how to use the boating equipment, bring you drinks in the pool or poolside, and just generally being pleasant.
YES ! I would stay again! loved this place

Room Tip: all of the rooms are well laided out, but try to get one on the 2nd floor or higher so you can see a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your kind review about your experience with us and for sharing it with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Beach. We will be more than happy to welcome you once again, so please in an upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us.

Barceló Bávaro Beach

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only? Share your experiences!